The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overanalyzing, and Negative Outcomes

+2
tezorian
melodiccolor
6 posters

Go down

Overanalyzing, and Negative Outcomes Empty Overanalyzing, and Negative Outcomes

Post by melodiccolor Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:17 am

Denmarkguy has been on a roll lately. This article makes some key points that are very helpful. Being an HSP, Overanalyzing, and Negative Outcomes

This is an issue for nonHSP as well, but it seems HSP are especially prone to this.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Overanalyzing, and Negative Outcomes Empty Re: Overanalyzing, and Negative Outcomes

Post by tezorian Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Actually talked about this on FB. And i actually think it's due to wanting everything to be perfect. Wanting to please everyone. The positive is not a problem, because that's perfect. So the focus is on the negative. To come up with any kind of negative situation, so you'll be prepared for it and more likely to turn it into a positive one.
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Overanalyzing, and Negative Outcomes Empty Re: Overanalyzing, and Negative Outcomes

Post by Alethia Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Over analyzing eventually leads to simplicity...more becomes less...less become more enjoyable...
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfiet Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:45 pm

I found the key issue to be in his last statement:

You are, in effect, "responding to a memory" and not to what is actually going on, in front of you.

Always, when analyzing a response I have to a situation, I do this test....
Am I true to my intuition, or am I indeed bringing my past experience to the current event?

This exercise allows me to practice and keep an open mind - ensuring I am thinking outside the box - not limiting myself to my own personal life experiences.
Elfiet
Elfiet

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:04 pm

That's an excellent exercise for everyone to keep in mind, regardless of if they are empathic or intuitional.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:33 am

I think the biggest problem is when we overanalyze, we're already going in from a bad spot to our mind, trying to force forward a result when we're not in the right mindset. This triggers alot of anxiety and distorted fantasies, because when we're not in a good setup and we try to read ourselves or others, we should just stop and not try to force anything forward. Rather, we should blank out from what we think about others and start worrying about ourselves and how to take care of us, until we can get into a better mood.
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by paintdeer30 Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:52 pm

This is so true.  I always overanalyze things and bring up old feelings from my past.  I have to tell myself that the past is in the past.  It may not have been that horrible to begin with anyway.  Great article
paintdeer30
paintdeer30

http://anniesartphotography.shutterfly.com/pictures

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfiet Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:45 pm

I feel like Spock at times..... trying to understand the rational of human emotions. Why oh why can't I just let it all be?
Elfiet
Elfiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Sometimes the over analyzing is simply our way to sort through what is ours and what is otheres, gaining clarity and making peace..I think in time as you become more emotionally empowered seperately from others, you only have to feel what is yours and let be all the other participants in that space with you..so for me the key in this is to seek to empower yourself emotionally, as in feel fully and let go, find clarity in your own self nuture..As the analzing continues there is often more to feel and process,to making peace..so many emotions come into this space...so many labels over others behaviour..but in actualy fact it is all in you..every part of that outward expression...owning it all in you, through feeling it all, allows for the external analyzing to end..
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfiet Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:18 pm

Love what you wrote, Alethia.  I thank you graciously for your insight.
Elfiet
Elfiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:50 am

Elfiet wrote:Love what you wrote, Alethia.  I thank you graciously for your insight.

.Smile  thankyou.
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down