The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING, WE GOT 3 SPAMBOT POSTS WITH HIDDEN TROJENS

4 posters

Go down

WARNING, WE GOT 3 SPAMBOT POSTS WITH HIDDEN TROJENS Empty WARNING, WE GOT 3 SPAMBOT POSTS WITH HIDDEN TROJENS

Post by melodiccolor Tue May 14, 2013 4:18 pm

This happened between the time I logged off last night and the time I got on this morning. Even opening the thread will cause a trojen to try to surreptitiously download on your computer. I see each thread had 4 to 5 views. If you viewed the posts, do a full malware and virus scan immediately!

One of our members found this out the hard way but her protection program warned her. All she did was click on the link. Tezorian was infected removing the threads.

If you see suspicious spambot threads in the future, do not open them.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

WARNING, WE GOT 3 SPAMBOT POSTS WITH HIDDEN TROJENS Empty Re: WARNING, WE GOT 3 SPAMBOT POSTS WITH HIDDEN TROJENS

Post by tezorian Tue May 14, 2013 4:50 pm

No worries, not infected. AV just had a bit of trouble showing me the links. For a good reason probably.
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

WARNING, WE GOT 3 SPAMBOT POSTS WITH HIDDEN TROJENS Empty Re: WARNING, WE GOT 3 SPAMBOT POSTS WITH HIDDEN TROJENS

Post by melodiccolor Tue May 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Oh glad to hear. I found out how to move or delete threads without opening them. So they are now fully deleted, won't show in post history either.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Tue May 14, 2013 9:09 pm

Good heads up Mrs. Admin !

RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdragon7 Sat May 18, 2013 9:12 am

I just finished changing my password on Dimensions, MC, due to your cautionary note. Something others here might consider doing as well.
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down