The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Science of Love" (video)

3 posters

Go down

"The Science of Love" (video) Empty "The Science of Love" (video)

Post by rombomb Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDMwpVUhxAo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Notice that they admit that learning is one of the things that can induce the "love chemicals".

So why do they insist that we are "driven to reproduce"? I think that the claim that we are "driven to reproduce" implies that even people who love learning, also need to love people (e.g. romantic relationship and/or raising a child), but that doesn't make sense. If you are already satisfied by learning, then you wouldn't "feel" that there is a void that needs filling.

On a similar note, lots of exercisers say they do what they do because it helps them feel happy, that exercise causes endorphins to be secreted (which is said to cause happiness). So I stipulated (to my neurologist friends) that doing philosophy causes me to secrete endorphins too (and they didn't have any criticisms), so I don't need exercise for extra endorphin secretion (to which they agreed since they didn't have any criticisms).
rombomb

http://ramirustom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

"The Science of Love" (video) Empty Re: "The Science of Love" (video)

Post by frmthhrt Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Hmmm, that is a stretch.
I love learning , probably more than most, but....it feels nothing like being in love. Being in love is at least 100X better! Even at my happiest, while taking in information like a sponge, I still crave being in love. I love riding my motorcycle fast , and riding it to new places- both of which give me pleasure (like learning does)- and I would give up both for love in a heartbeat (although for years I said that could never happen...lol). I get my greatest non-physical pleasure from problem solving and inventing, but even that pales next to love.
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:07 am

rombomb wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDMwpVUhxAo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Notice that they admit that learning is one of the things that can induce the "love chemicals".

So why do they insist that we are "driven to reproduce"? I think that the claim that we are "driven to reproduce" implies that even people who love learning, also need to love people (e.g. romantic relationship and/or raising a child), but that doesn't make sense. If you are already satisfied by learning, then you wouldn't "feel" that there is a void that needs filling.

On a similar note, lots of exercisers say they do what they do because it helps them feel happy, that exercise causes endorphins to be secreted (which is said to cause happiness). So I stipulated (to my neurologist friends) that doing philosophy causes me to secrete endorphins too (and they didn't have any criticisms), so I don't need exercise for extra endorphin secretion (to which they agreed since they didn't have any criticisms).

Our natural inbuilt drive is to create....the natural drive to create, relates to more than just creating a child, of course. The child is a mirror of male and female at the time of birth, and a creation like any creation, that we mirror and reflect to the world. In this space of their seeing, I suspect they are refering more to the natural continuation of the one asepct of creation that creates all creation one with nature. In other words to continue the human chain, that makes up this life as one with all life. Without the human continuation, there would be no experience or learning, there would be no humans on the planet.

Creating comes in many forms, where it comes from is determined by where you reside and where you are heading. Your argument about "you wouldn't feel there is a void that needs filling if you are satisfied by learning" is only based on where you reside now. What if your perception in that learning suddenly awakened something in your mind that triggered a feeling. You might be satisfied now, but learning is a life long process, you have no way to predict how that learning may affect you and how you feel.

You may exercise for something else in the future..or now even. Doing what you love helps the happiness secretion and sharing/giving from that space too.
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:18 am

Some people who choose to not have a child, might not awaken to the space they didnt create till much later on. Who knows, perhaps it is an inbuilt drive that if not satisfied plays out in many ways of their other creations they involve themselves in. Their is substituting from pain without realization at times until ones sees and their is creating from an empowered space on the other side of that space but of course its all part of creation being born..to continue the chain in all its aspects as one.
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down