The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♡❤ Love is? - Favorite love quotes ♡❤

+5
Trien
tezorian
Alethia
Nucky
Sparkles
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

♡❤ Love is?  -  Favorite love quotes  ♡❤ Empty ♡❤ Love is? - Favorite love quotes ♡❤

Post by Sparkles Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:16 am

I thought it might be fun to write down some love quotes, that you've heard, or know of.

So I'll start with:

If you love something, set it free
if it comes back, it's yours
if it doesn't, it never was.
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

♡❤ Love is?  -  Favorite love quotes  ♡❤ Empty Re: ♡❤ Love is? - Favorite love quotes ♡❤

Post by Sparkles Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:29 am

Love is one thing, but to 'fall in love' is another.
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

♡❤ Love is?  -  Favorite love quotes  ♡❤ Empty Re: ♡❤ Love is? - Favorite love quotes ♡❤

Post by Nucky Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:37 am

Sparkles wrote:I thought it might be fun to write down some love quotes, that you've heard, or know of.

So I'll start with:

If you love something, set it free
if it comes back, it's yours
if it doesn't, it never was.

I like this one.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:04 am

Love is what "you" want it to be......
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by tezorian Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:52 am

"You make me want to be a better man"
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trien Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:57 pm

only through love, we can connect. ( made up my own!) Wink
Trien
Trien

Back to top Go down

Post by mtngrl123 Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Love is the greatest gift one can give themselves and to others.
Feel it, live it and let it flow freely.
Watch it work its miracles.
This is life.
mtngrl123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:16 pm

This was written in my school Diary, which I've lost, but do remember it. So I'd like to write this down in here. It's more of a short Poem.

Love is good
love is bad
sometimes happy
sometimes sad
but can break your heart in two
if you love someone that doesn't love you
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by tezorian Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:58 am

Just looking in your eyes, makes the whole world disappear.
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:13 am

Love is: Never having to say you're sorry.
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:22 am

All our young lives we search for someone to love. Someone who makes us complete. We choose partners and change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope. All the while wondering if somewhere, somehow, there's someone perfect who might be searching for us.
- Kevin Arnold (played by Daniel Stern) narrating in The Wonder Years
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:26 am

That's love too. It ain't sex, and maybe that's too bad, but you know, Cindy, when a man and a woman care for each other, that doesn't always mean they have to sleep together or live together.
- Orson Scott Card in Homebody
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:33 am

Love is the only bow on Life's dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher. It is the air and light of every heart — builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody — for music is the voice of love. Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to Joy, and makes royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods.
-Robert G. Ingersoll, in Orthodoxy, Works, Vol. II (1884), p. 420.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:39 am

Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.
Carl Jung, in The Psychology of the Unconscious (1943)
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:32 pm

Nucky wrote:Love is the only bow on Life's dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher. It is the air and light of every heart — builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody — for music is the voice of love. Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to Joy, and makes royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods.
-Robert G. Ingersoll, in Orthodoxy, Works, Vol. II (1884), p. 420.

That is amazing...breathtakingly beautiful words.
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:39 pm

Sparkles wrote:Love is: Never having to say you're sorry.

I was going to post this one earlier. There is a lot implied by these words: I read it as caring enough that our own actions never lead to the need for apology- that's the heart of it for me...it ain't a free pass! LOL
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:48 pm

Love is all that matters...
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by tezorian Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:22 pm

Love is about expectations and illusions, true love is letting all of that go.
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:32 pm

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:53 am

And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love
You make

Beatles
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:38 am

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down."
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:22 am

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”
Neil Gaiman

This guy knows how to describe and feel his "falling in love space"...... silent

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by mtngrl123 Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:52 am

Yep! But the only way to overcome the pain is through loving more. Not necessarily that person, but firstly yourself and then others openly and freely.
mtngrl123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:16 am

"Love is: Everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more."
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:13 am

Love is: The only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by tezorian Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:41 am

merging your cores and letting go?
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trien Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:56 am

ove iLs: The only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.
I think so too that this is a nice way to look at human's imperfection. love is still part of being human and will always be.

But the only way to overcome the pain is through loving more. Not necessarily that person, but firstly yourself and then others openly and freely.

That is damn right! but not easy!
Trien
Trien

Back to top Go down

Post by Trien Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:58 am

merging your cores and letting go?

hmm. I have to think about this one. after you merge your cores, I you will be able to be more of a loving person. letting go, helps you opening up I think
Trien
Trien

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Sparkles wrote: Love is: The only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.

Yes. Exactly.
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:40 am

"Love is: a fabric which never fades, no matter how often it is washed in the water of adversity and grief."
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum