The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power efficient, or green, computers

2 posters

Go down

Power efficient, or green, computers Empty Power efficient, or green, computers

Post by waterdragon7 Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:20 pm

This is a review of the new Mac mini, which contains some information as to its power efficiency:

MacMiniReview

I'll probably eventually have to get a larger monitor than the one I have right now, but not by much: upgrade to a 22" LED monitor from an 18.5" LED monitor. The 18.5" monitor I have draws, iirc, 35 watts maximum. The 22" LED monitor should either be about the same, or not much more. If it was coupled with the new Mac mini, my computer equipment would be drawing about the same as a 60-watt light bulb, and that would be when it is really working hard! Btw, as far as I know, the LED-backlit monitors are more energy efficient than either plasma or LCD televisions/monitors.

Oh, btw, I forgot to mention that the new Mac mini, though a bit expensive for a tiny computer, can also run Windows 7 in addition to Mac OS X! To do so, you do, of course, have to purchase a full copy of a Windows 7 install DVD.

Last edited by waterdragon7 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding a little more info)
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

Power efficient, or green, computers Empty Re: Power efficient, or green, computers

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:35 pm

Sounds like you are setting up a nice system for yourself.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down