The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giving your power away..

5 posters

Go down

Giving your power away.. Empty Giving your power away..

Post by Alethia Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:40 am

Giving your power away.. PowerGiving your power away.. Power

Do you give your power away...do you lay claim that others take your power? You are responsible fully for your inner power and ability to stay focused and strong in the face of life's difficulties. Yes many of us have had very difficult upbringings. Some of us really harsh ones. Disconnection, abuse, rejected, abandoned, but regardless of how it was, your body mind and spirit has the power inside you to rise above this and take charge of your life. You have all that you did not receive in you to build all those channels disconnected, blocked or laying broken inside you. Your mind is what keeps you from attaining what you want and need.

Change your thoughts, change your mind and watch your emotional responses and outlook change. You have the power to create the change in you. While you lay broken and playing the victim you give away the power that is rightfully yours. No one can take that from you, if you are aware, able and responsible to take back what is rightfully yours, then you have to let go of beliefs about yourself, old instilled patterns restricting you from achieving your goals. You are complete in you, when you release yourself from the binds of others who you still perceive have power over you. You are in charge of your mind, body and spirit.

This moment you can change your mind that you are worthy of more than you believe of myself right now. I am worthy of being the love, being the care, being the support I need. I am worthy of more than I have been shown, modeled. My role models may not have been perfect, may not have met my needs, but I know in my heart I am more than that. I am powerful, I am strong. I know that all I believe of myself and others is in my conditioned mind. I have the power to create change in my mind. Right now I can do this.

Take back your power, its yours. Stop fighting an imaginary fight that you create from past pain and beliefs. Stop creating scenarios from the past. You in this moment have all that you need. Open your eyes, open your heart, open your mind and start believing in yourself.

Giving your power away.. Power
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Giving your power away.. Empty Re: Giving your power away..

Post by melodiccolor Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:15 pm

Yes, this is exactly what I meant by taking responsibilites for our lives!
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:16 am

As usual good advice and thoughts from both Alethia and Mel. Very Happy

It is easy to say DO IT! For some it is hard to follow through. The reality that you must keep in mind to do this it takes work. Life is work! Life is sometimes hard!

In the words of Wesley aka "The Dread Pirate Roberts" from the Princess Bride (hey whatever works right): "Life is pain Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling you something." Obviously this is an overstatement, but hopefully you get the idea.

Don't want to get up? Don't want to deal? We all have days like that. Some of us have had months, years, decades of that. Sometimes it takes reciting to yourself in your head in that Vince Lombardi voice "Sit up!", "Ok, now get my legs off the bed and put feet on the floor", "Stand up!".

There is no magic pill, there is no book or method with all the answers to taking back your power or being happy. You have a roof over your head, food in your cupboards (even if its just raman sometimes) and you wake it, its probably a good day. If its not, the potential for it to be one is always there.

Think your life is bad, think you have no power? Think you can't do anything about it? Ok, then shut the door on it, for at least an hour and go volunteer at a homeless shelter or a children's hospital. You don't have power? I bet the people you just helped think you are powerful and pretty awesome to boot. Then you can tell the negative voices in your head, hey I might not have it so bad. Cause trust me, no matter how awful you think you have it, there is ALWAYS going to be someone who a.) had a crappier childhood than you did and b.) has it way worse than you do right now.

Does taking back your power minimize what you think you've been through or are going through? Does not keeping the pain at the forefront of your thoughts every minute somehow invalidate it? NO! What it does do is put that pain and helplessness in a proper place. When you do that you are free, not completely. And guess what, it will probably always be there to some degree even coming back with a vengeance from time to time. And that's when that good old Lombardi voice in your head may have to start up again and you have to work a little harder at life.

Focus on something else, find a passion, find a dream, work on it. Don't have one, volunteer. Help others. Find a hobby. Read a great work of fiction, go to a museum stare at artwork. Meditate, sing, clean the house, cook a meal, learn a great new word and use it in a sentence. Plant a garden, lay in the grass and watch a Caterpillar.

If wallowing in helplessness has so far not been the master plan to change your life, then the worst thing that could happen by actively trying to take back your power is what?
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:50 pm

In changing ones mind Reamsie shows us the next step..taking action to bring about that change..although it doesnt matter which way you do it..the mind leads the action...and so we see then what we can do that will inspire not only ourselves but others as well..

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Keeping face..

Keeping face is an interesting part of reclaiming your inner power..What face do you present to the world? What face holds all your past patterns in place to show the world that this is me, this is who I am. How do you wish to be seen by the greater world around you. Its in your hands. You are a mirror reflecting back at yourself exactly who you are and what you feel inside.

Do you use a certain type of face that likes to show others that you are more than who you really are. Staying strong to hide over pain, staying postive to hide your true colours.

Faces have names, faces hold much pain at times. But the face you are is more than the face you hide, if you hide yourself of course.

Presenting who we are to the world, without barriers to the real you, takes courage, but worth it.

When you look in the mirror, ask yourself. Who am I hiding today? What inside me doesnt want to be seen, shown to the world. What do I keep in place in this face so others cant see the real me?
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:59 pm

h
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:15 pm

I do try to love myself and make positive changes in my life where I can. After a setback I usually do manage to pick myself up and feel better about myself and my life, only to be curb-stomped right back down into the ground every time. This cycle can only repeat so many times before I get to thinking that I belong in the ground, that I'm a scumbag not worthy of a good life.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riana Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:07 pm

Thank you for these good reminders, Alethia.
True, it takes a lot of work, because ingrained insecurity and past hurts can run deeper than you think. Sometimes I feel really powerful and at other times it's like I regress to my teenage years and feel so insecure. Then I feel afraid because I think the good things I have will be taken from me.

I think that's where my belief in a higher power helps me. It helps me to believe that we are all worthy, because we are divine souls. There is no "better" or "worse" or "out of my league".

Nucky, why wouldn't you be worthy of a good life?
Riana
Riana

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:41 pm

Riana wrote:
Nucky, why wouldn't you be worthy of a good life?

It's the message I seem to keep getting no matter what I do. I keep failing at everything I try, and getting rejected by everyone I meet, at least in the long run.

A while after a setback has passed, I manage to have confidence in myself and start liking myself again, only to be struck right back down. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I'm not doing anything wrong and it is simply my place to be a failure and to be despised. Even my dog hates me now.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Anyhow, my pity party's over, sorry about that. I just gotta keep trying.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down