The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being caught on a camera constitutes implied consent, according to a St. Louis jury

3 posters

Go down

Being caught on a camera constitutes implied consent, according to a St. Louis jury Empty Being caught on a camera constitutes implied consent, according to a St. Louis jury

Post by Nucky Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:30 pm

I saw this on another forum. There's definitely something going on behind the scenes here. It seems that the majority of courts in the US are corrupt.

http://jezebel.com/5594774/jury-decides-consent-is-not-required-for-girls-gone-wild
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Being caught on a camera constitutes implied consent, according to a St. Louis jury Empty Re: Being caught on a camera constitutes implied consent, according to a St. Louis jury

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:35 pm

I don't know if the court was corrupt or not; there is no telling what the jury had to work with or how they arrived at their verdict.

One thing is for sure, a huge miscarriage of justice occured. I also know that instructions to the jury can virtually garantee a win or loss in corrupt courts and jurisdictions; this I know from direct experience. Been on a couple of juries.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Being caught on a camera constitutes implied consent, according to a St. Louis jury Empty Re: Being caught on a camera constitutes implied consent, according to a St. Louis jury

Post by RBM Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:29 am

Any system made by Man, can be corrupted by man, so this is where the species is in it's development, sad to say.

jezebel.com wrote:The woman sued Girls Gone Wild for $5 million in damages. After deliberating for just 90 minutes on Thursday, the St. Louis jury came back with a verdict in favor of the smut peddlers. Patrick O'Brien, the jury foreman, explained later to reporters that they figured if she was willing to dance in front of the photographer, she was probably cool with having her breasts on film. They said she gave implicit consent by being at the bar, and by participating in the filming - though she never signed a consent form, and she can be heard on camera saying "no, no" when asked to show her breasts

90 minutes seems like a short time to me, but understandable in light of the jury foreman's remarks - which from my chair looks like a lot of assumptions were made. Maybe the law provided guidance on those assumptions, maybe not and the jury filled in the gaps.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down