The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday shopping

+4
BlueTopaz
Alethia
melodiccolor
jaded
8 posters

Go down

Holiday shopping Empty Holiday shopping

Post by jaded Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Do you all do most of your shopping on line or off? I have found myself more drawn to amazon.com & overstock.com this year. They have cheap & speedy shipping. Also, I have found more of what I am looking for on line than at the mall.

I bought Z-Keys and a Z-board on line. None of our shops even knew what they were . lol! I have World of Warcraft Nerds on my Christmas list!
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Holiday shopping Empty Re: Holiday shopping

Post by melodiccolor Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:30 pm

I will eventually do more of my shopping online I suppose. But I am old fashioned in that I like to examine the actual product before buying, so I still do most of my shopping in stores.

I am trying to convince my h to shop online for electronics however; that makes perfect sense if you know exactly what you want.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:37 pm

I have only just started and all those who are not in the flow...panic cos they think I will never get it done.....I can walk into a store which is the best way for me and do virtually my entire shopping in the space of a few hours.....I have shopped online but like to get into the christmas spirit and fesitivies in the shopping plazas, it puts me in the mood to find the perfect gifts.
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:00 am

I love shopping on line best. The sounds, lights & smells not to mention the flow of people bother me this time of the year.

Overstock.com also has what they call World Stock. It has alot of handmade stuff from across the world that you cannot find anywhere. Last year , I found 2 handcarved soapstone Chess sets made in India. They were absolutely beautiful. My 2 oldest boys chersih them.
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:11 am

I do both. I think I prefer online for the reasons you mention Shell.
I'll have to visit the world stock. Didn't know about that and it sounds cool!
I also have WoW people, lol.
The game card is expensive. What are the keys? Would my WoW player like those? I am totally wow ignorant, lol, even tho she tried to get me on so I think I have an account somewhere.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:03 am

I love shopping on the internet for unique gifts that I couldn't pick up anywhere else. Two websites that the nerd/geek in me found quite a few things on:

Need a full size replica of Captain Kirk's command chair? How about your own sonic screwdriver to defeat invading Daleks?
Entertaiment Earth

Need a tauntaun sleeping bag for your trip to Echo Base? You'll find it here
Think Geek
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by adain Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:50 am

I prefer online shopping now. Basically for the same reasons as Reamsie.
adain
adain

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:27 am

Awesome Reamsie
I been looking everywhere for dalek salt and pepper shakers. Maybe they'll be there.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Those kinds of gifts make me smile. How fun! whee!

I tend to do quite a bit of gift shopping at arts fairs and the like. Independent book stores are also a place I like to shop.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:35 am

Blue, a Z Board is some type of keyboard that you use specifically to play video games on line. I bought the actual board on line at Gamestop. I bought the keys for it at Amazon.com. My sons play WOW. The keys are WOW keys. I believe the ones I bought are limited editions.

Mel, I shop also at fairs & things. In the Appalacians (sp?) they have quilting, canning, candle making etc fairs. I love to browse them for gifts. But sadly, handmade quilts go for 100's of dollars that I do not have. lol!
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:09 pm

I cannot afford handmade quilts either; they are worth every penny that is charged too and more. The amount of time, materials and design that goes into each one is astounding.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:23 pm

No kidding. I'm envious of the skill that's involved in making some of those quilts. They're works of art, some of them.

Which reminds me. I've been meaning to look into learning how to knit. That would be so awesome. I would make really fun hats and scarves and multicolered toe socks! And then if I learned how to sew, I could make stuffed toys! That would be so cool! I could make sock monkeys or something. Very Happy

Oh, and in my opinion, I think the best holiday shopping is online shopping. Very Happy Sure makes my holiday a lot easier. lol Yes there's the shipping and handling fees, but what price sanity, right? Razz

Last edited by INFP that's me on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:33 pm

( so now I am crying by the way...a couple of you will understand this. Tears of joy)

My husband grandma used to make quilts. She is gone now. But my son still sleeps with one he has had since he was 2 years old. He is now 19. It is a piece quilt. I love it.

INFP , my best friend off line knits. I will have to take pictures of the stuff she has made me. They are beautiful.

I want to learn to make rag rugs. If I ever get off my lazy butt & get to it. Maybe I will make one for you guys. LOLOLOL!!!!! might not be straight stitched though. I cannot sew worth a crap.
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:35 pm

INFP that's me wrote:No kidding. I'm envious of the skill that's involved in making some of those quilts. They're are works of art, some of them.

Which reminds me. I've been meaning to look into learning how to knit. That would be so awesome. I would make really fun hats and scarves and multicolered toe socks! And then if I learned how to sew, I could make stuffed toys! That would be so cool! I could make sock monkeys or something. Very Happy

Oh, and in my opinion, I think the best holiday shopping is online shopping. Very Happy Sure makes my holiday a lot easier. lol Yes there's the shipping and handling fees, but what price sanity, right? Razz

Overstock.com has one price shipping $2.95 no matter what you order.

Amazon offers free super saver shipping on orders of $25 or more on designated items. By the way try saying that. My daughter laughed hard when I told her freesupersavershipping all in one breath.
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rho1334 Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:39 am

did it all offline, finished it over two weeks ago...all i have to do is wrap.
Rho1334
Rho1334

http://www.myspace.com/vampolt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:02 am

Oh quilts are so beautiful. And all the effort and love that goes into one. I like to go into antique stores and the some of the really old ones really "speak" to me.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:57 pm

BlueTopaz wrote:Oh quilts are so beautiful. And all the effort and love that goes into one. I like to go into antique stores and the some of the really old ones really "speak" to me.

Some quilts really have some stories to tell, don't they?

Well, I can't shop for folks, but I can bake for them! So I'm making tofu pumpkin pie, molasses spice cookies, fudge, and death by chocolate cookies also known as chocolate chubbies. I can share the recipes if anyone is interested. Smile
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:51 pm

drooooool Extra Happy
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content