The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Culture?

3 posters

Go down

Forum Culture? Empty Forum Culture?

Post by Virtue Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:26 pm

I thought it might be interesting if the older members could describe the forum culture to me (and other new members). While it is possible to glean what that culture might be, I have found that people speaking about it is far more direct and informative than reading over the entire forum. I suppose what I am asking for is the perspective of other members... and how one integrates into the fabric here. It might seem to be an odd question, but I cannot help but be curious.
Virtue
Virtue

Back to top Go down

Forum Culture? Empty Re: Forum Culture?

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:38 pm

I hope you don't mind that I moved the thread.

Here are a couple of threads that answer this question well:

http://funhsps.niceboard.org/super-secret-private-forum-for-stupendous-discussions-f2/for-our-new-members-threads-that-tell-what-this-board-is-about-t469.htm

http://funhsps.niceboard.org/off-the-deep-shallow-end-f6/our-first-year-history-from-nothing-to-hsp-dimension-t1120.htm

They tell the story of how we came to be; our group and our culture. The story is long and rich. I figured newer members might want to know this so I wrote those threads.

In brief, our board originally formed around a group of friends that had formed from previous hsp boards and we had grown quite close. We realised that what we had was different than what you'd find elsewhere, that who we were was a bit different. Since then, our group has continued to develop and to grow; welcoming new members into it. There is a closeness here because of all of this.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:40 pm

Here's the forum's Constitution. It has the rules and guidelines in it:

http://funhsps.niceboard.org/information-guidelines-and-links-f12/the-constitution-t183.htm

There is basically unrestrained speech here; the only things which are outright prohibited are flaming, trolling, posts with nudity and spam, and posts which directly engage in illegal activity. In a nutshell, all we ask is that you be nice.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:50 pm

The Constitution was written after the whole board at the time put their imput into how they wanted it set up, another unusual feature. We built this board by group; the forum construction subforum was once the entire board.

The mission statement within also speaks to the culture of the board as do some other unusual features in there.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down