The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lemme hear a shout-out from all those who WON'T be celebrating Valentine's Day!

+5
melodiccolor
SimplyNan
namasteheather
Bluedream
Nucky
9 posters

Go down

Lemme hear a shout-out from all those who WON'T be celebrating Valentine's Day! Empty Lemme hear a shout-out from all those who WON'T be celebrating Valentine's Day!

Post by Nucky Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:56 am

WOOOOO-HOOOO! Extra Happy

Lemme hear a shout-out from all those who WON'T be celebrating Valentine's Day! Olde_Skull_Bones

I think I'll make this my avatar for Valentine's Day lol.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lemme hear a shout-out from all those who WON'T be celebrating Valentine's Day! Empty Re: Lemme hear a shout-out from all those who WON'T be celebrating Valentine's Day!

Post by Bluedream Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:31 am

We never do...because our anniversary is a week before so...fuggetaboudit! Yeah...if you're married ya better do anniversaries...lol!
Seriously...my wife never liked it much either so we just don't. Nothing but crowded restaurants...etc....yuck! Usually her roses are still good from the week prior...so....there they be and i give her a kiss...there ya go!
I think far too much is made of a simple "I love you day"...and then everything gets so complicated from there sometimes; hurt feelings...anger...loneliness...for those that feel compelled to comply...or those that focus on "not having"...or whatever.
I did like it as a kid...like in about third grade when we got to pass out cards and the little candy hearts that said funny things; be mine...woo woo...sweetie pie...etc. Nice thought...
b.d.
Bluedream
Bluedream

Back to top Go down

Lemme hear a shout-out from all those who WON'T be celebrating Valentine's Day! Empty Re: Lemme hear a shout-out from all those who WON'T be celebrating Valentine's Day!

Post by namasteheather Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:14 pm

I am only celebrating it by getting my daughter cards for the kids in her class at school. I might get her something and that is it.
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:40 pm

Pretty much all it is to me is an excuse to pig out on chocolate lol.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:44 pm

Ah, yet another mass consumerism ploy, of which many abound in our current society. Whatever happened to just doing something for someone with no special reason? No date that something must be done on. If we have to be reminded by mass marketing to be nice in some special way to others, well, I guess that's why we're in the mess we are. Very sad.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:51 pm

Both Bluedream and SimplyNan speak my sentiments exactly. I've never been big on the big demonstations demanded by the holiday; day to day actions of love and caring mean so much more. beatingheart
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Hmm who needs an excuse to pig out on chocolate!! Wink

I like to go after valentine's day when all the stores are selling at half price their cinnamon hearts and heart shaped yummy chocolates!
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:34 am

I also don't like the forced-ness of it.

is that a word? Suspect chuckle

I only do something for my daughter (who HATES Valentines day but feels sad if we don't give her something---- figure that out Rolling Eyes )
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:04 am

beatingheart This is as far as it goes for me. Happy VD - day everyone! Extra Happy
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by WissyWig Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:34 pm

Yes, the forcedness (*shrug* works for me Lemme hear a shout-out from all those who WON'T be celebrating Valentine's Day! Lol) of it always bugged me too. It's always seemed like the Feel Bad If You're Not One Half Of A Couple Day. Even now that I am--one half of a couple, that is--I still feel that way. I don't need a Hallmark Holiday to tell me to love, or how to do it.

Just my two cents, please adjust for inflation or recession as necessary mrgreen
WissyWig
WissyWig

http://www.myspace.com/designs-by-indigolden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum