The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild - YouTube Awesomness!! Or, Too Much Internet? ;)

+5
melodiccolor
Justin Passing
Little Sister
Rivershine
StrawberryLife
9 posters

Go down

The Guild - YouTube Awesomness!! Or, Too Much Internet? ;) Empty The Guild - YouTube Awesomness!! Or, Too Much Internet? ;)

Post by StrawberryLife Thu May 22, 2008 1:32 pm

I really love this show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grCTXGW3sxQ Check it out!!
It's on YouTube - all 10 episodes of it!! I watched it yesterday & am now addicted & want more!! lol

It shows, basically, people who spend too much time on the internet Wink Which kinda rings a bell for me at the times too, lol - I've never been a gamer but my sis has been addicted to Neopets... Very Happy
I think it's very well made & funny...
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

The Guild - YouTube Awesomness!! Or, Too Much Internet? ;) Empty Re: The Guild - YouTube Awesomness!! Or, Too Much Internet? ;)

Post by Rivershine Thu May 22, 2008 3:48 pm

Yeah, it's pretty damn funny, but I had a real hard time watching those kids get all neglected. That's hard for me to watch, even if the rest of it was funny. Neutral
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

The Guild - YouTube Awesomness!! Or, Too Much Internet? ;) Empty Re: The Guild - YouTube Awesomness!! Or, Too Much Internet? ;)

Post by StrawberryLife Thu May 22, 2008 5:59 pm

Yeah, that was kinda terrible... I think they exaggerated it big time... But I do know of a gamer mommie & her kid has all sorts of problems, doesn't speak yet etc, but not sure if it's related to any games or such... (there are other circumstances too) Just imagine the nannies waiting by the camera to take care of them...
She is kinda funny, the Mom... 'Must be nimble'... lol

I kinda identify with the main protagonist a bit... Once got to know a guy online & he called my phone one day without me ever giving him my phone number - or surname!! - & when he took me & a friend home he knew the road by heart - he had studied it on something like the google maps!! OoO
(He said things like, 'This is new' - to a crossroads or mall - or such...)

I like the bald guy who grills by the PC too!! lol

& the Asian super-tough chick!! Extra Happy (& the teensy model guy!) Heck, I love 'em all!!

Even the cheezy pizza place!! cherry mrgreen beatingheart flower lol! headbang laughing
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Thu May 22, 2008 6:54 pm

I don't have any audio. But I recognized the first house! Maybe someone broke in and filmed without me knowing they had been here!
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Passing Thu May 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Neat show. Laughing I think it's kind of sad they didn't decide to explore "life in online isolation" but what the heck. It's still fun, even if it is just another show full of dysfunctional people sitting around being awkward and saying foolish things.
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu May 22, 2008 9:24 pm

It is pretty funny. But I didn't get to see episode 10; it stopped at 9, and then there was an interview with the creators of the show. I looked around, but no 10.

Oh well maybe some other time.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrawberryLife Sat May 24, 2008 9:35 am

Yeah, there is episode 10!! - But I didn't see the interview with creators-?!

This is episode 10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZykNILiiSI

Little_Sister, did you check if the volume by the icon of the speaker (down right corner of the YouTube video) is on 'high' (=most to the right)?
That once happened to me, I was wondering why no audio, & I had to adjust the volume (pull it to the right).

Justin, I was wondering how they would film it, if they did it about a bunch of individuals... Maybe through a bunch of 'webcams' - but I think it's even more hilarious (though slightly incredible, I mean, who'd stop gaming & killing gnomes for a local meet-up, seriously? mrgreen )
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat May 24, 2008 3:04 pm

lol! Thanks; I finally saw the ending. mrgreen
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Passing Sun May 25, 2008 2:28 am

StrawberryLife wrote:Justin, I was wondering how they would film it, if they did it about a bunch of individuals... Maybe through a bunch of 'webcams' - but I think it's even more hilarious (though slightly incredible, I mean, who'd stop gaming & killing gnomes for a local meet-up, seriously? mrgreen )
When they started, they were simply filming each character at their computers. That's what I was hoping would continue. But I'm sure the actors wanted to interact with each other, and getting interesting shots of people sitting at a computer would be challenging. Still, I was anxious to see them try, and was disappointed when they simply "wimped out" and went with the normal - people meeting up in real life solution.

To do it via webcams - yuuuck! Creating bad video & calling it artistic never appealed to me. Shades of Blair Witch - no thank you.
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrawberryLife Wed May 28, 2008 5:31 pm

lol Well, there was some YouTube 'drama' that was a scam... Basically enacted... I forget the title, but it was about a girl who was supposed to be a member of a cult, sneaking to the webcam on & off, & there were the goings on with the cult & her parents & occasional people there etc. People thought it was for real at first, but then it was all discovered & credited to its 'makers'... Smile

Some webcams (or at least what some people post on YouTube as their 'diaries'/vlogs or such) is quite of good quality... So, hm, it depends what is being filmed & how, & with what gear...
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:03 pm

I wonder if they've made the second set of shows yet?
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:26 pm

Yep, I'm not sure why it's not posted on youtube. If you do a google search you can find them on MSN video. Here is a link to the first one.
http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=0184e453-8782-4412-a0a0-8899325f629d
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rho1334 Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:54 pm

Rho1334
Rho1334

http://www.myspace.com/vampolt

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:04 pm

I just finished season 2! This comedy team has some good writing. lol!
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rho1334 Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:45 pm

offical website and you can watch both seasons ansd it is much better organized

http://www.watchtheguild.com/
Rho1334
Rho1334

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:41 pm

I am not a member of the Youtube fan club. I swear for some reason sound bellowing from my speakers makes me wanna drag razors acorss my eyes. Very rarely do I turn my speakers on.
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:45 pm

The Guild has their own music video now. Written By Felicia Day (Codex) and Jed Whedon (Joss' Brother) and directed by Jed Whedon. Felicia wanted that Staci Q (remember her from the 80's LOL) type of feel to it. Very Funny, check it out: Oh and just FYI---MMO stands for Massive Multiplayer Online.

Do You Want To Date My Avatar
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rho1334 Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:41 pm

Just to let everyone know the first four episode of the guild are up on msn
Rho1334
Rho1334

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:06 pm

I just watched season 3; always good for some chuckles.

Thanks for letting me know about the new season Rho.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dance Expression Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:51 am

OMG I love this so much. I'm watching Season 4 as they release them. SO So good.
Dance Expression
Dance Expression

http://www.plurlife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Season 4 has begun. http://www.watchtheguild.com/
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down