The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In other news, some athlete took a hit from a bong at a party.

+3
Luna
melodiccolor
Nucky
7 posters

Go down

In other news, some athlete took a hit from a bong at a party. Empty In other news, some athlete took a hit from a bong at a party.

Post by Nucky Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Is this the least newsworthy thing ever to make the national headlines or what?
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

In other news, some athlete took a hit from a bong at a party. Empty Re: In other news, some athlete took a hit from a bong at a party.

Post by melodiccolor Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm

It might be interesting to list the headlines of nonnews that permieates our popular news sources. That one looks pretty typical. Rolling Eyes

lol! I went and checked my local tv newsstation online for today's headlines and all of them were about the superbowl. I didn't know whether to post them all, or none of them. Suspect

Last edited by melodiccolor on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : today's news)
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

In other news, some athlete took a hit from a bong at a party. Empty Re: In other news, some athlete took a hit from a bong at a party.

Post by Luna Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:43 pm

I found myself thinking...who cares?? He's a twenty-something college age kid who had some pot at a party, big deal.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by adain Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:52 am

OMG, what is the world coming too!!!
Actually what I was thinking was, the point is.....
How did the media find out anyway? Don't atheletes have private lives too? Oh, and was he participating in a event the next day, in a training program or is he winding down for the season?
It was only a puff I bet, it's not like he's bonging 5/6 cones a day, or shooting up speed.
That's right he's an athelete and he's given up all rights of having a normal life.
Sorry, I get quite upset about the media's intrusion on people's lifes. If you are in the public eye, it's like you have given up all rights to a private life. That's very wrong.
adain
adain

Back to top Go down

Post by adain Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:52 am

The athelete was Ryan Phelps, an gold medal olympian. Isn't he Australian? It just makes him very human.
adain
adain

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:39 pm

He's American. I think that someone at the party probably snapped a photo with their camera and knew they would be able to sell it for a lot of money. He has a squeaky clean image and is a hero to a lot of kids.
I don't really see what the big deal is. I mean technically marijuana is a performance inhibitor.
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:51 pm

Oh, and don't forget, the groundhog saw his shadow!

I didn't even hear about Phelps, too busy following the superbowl news.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedream Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:48 pm

Yeah....I think 'average folk' need something like that to take the focus off of their own demons...and the media certainly gives em their fix! lol!
Yep...'who cares' is correct. Bong on 'dude'.
On a related news day note...did everyone notice again that a large portion of super bowl commercials involved someone or some thing getting hurt or smacked for cheap laughs. My wife sez slapstick rules when it comes to getting everyone's attention. I guess that's why they call it "slapstick".
Oh well...just me noticing 'life' again.... Rolling Eyes Strangeassworld...
b.d.
Bluedream
Bluedream

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:04 am

Bluedream wrote:did everyone notice again that a large portion of super bowl commercials involved someone or some thing getting hurt or smacked for cheap laughs. My wife sez slapstick rules when it comes to getting everyone's attention. I guess that's why they call it "slapstick".

Yes, I noticed. I was wincing while everyone else was laughing, especially at that one "manly" beer commercial where guys where being electrocuted and having their heads' bashed.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down