The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solar Energy Charity

3 posters

Go down

Solar Energy Charity Empty Solar Energy Charity

Post by waterdragon7 Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:05 pm

Apparently based in the U.K., judging by the currency used in their requests for donations:

http://www.solar-aid.org/

I've not researched this enough to know if this project is legitimate or not, but my guess is that it probably is a legitimate charity. Of their various projects, the solar-powered water pump looked the most interesting to me.
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

Solar Energy Charity Empty Re: Solar Energy Charity

Post by melodiccolor Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:08 pm

I've heard of nonprofits like this, who seek to provide inexpensive solar powered projects to the third world, such as solar ovens in places there is no fuel to burn. It helps the people, and the environment.

I've seen on tv on Current and other nonfiction stations occasional shows about this.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:33 pm

A lot of my reading is from alternative sources, such as Ode Magazine, so, yes, I have heard and read about things such as this. There is quite a lot of this type of thing happening all over the world. Unfortunately most of the news in this country is based upon sensationalism and focusing on the bad news. We pretty much miss this type of thing unless we are tuned into it.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down