The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inner Voices

4 posters

Go down

Inner Voices Empty Inner Voices

Post by melodiccolor Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:07 pm

Here's an interesting article on inner voices by neuroscientists. It accounts for why people may hear spirit guides and angels too. https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/oct/25/the-last-great-mystery-of-the-mind-meet-the-people-who-have-unusual-or-non-existent-inner-voices?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits

I had no idea about this; the only inner voice I have is my own thinking fully in words, visual images, dream imagery or "just knowing" that comes from abilities and intuition. I remember a conversation I had with Tezorian and Alethia about it during our international meetup years ago. They both said they literally heard their guides as outside of themselves, out loud and that was my first gleaning. So I found the article interesting indeed.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Inner Voices Empty Re: Inner Voices

Post by Grasshopper Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:31 am

The woman with the bickering Italian couple as inner voices is hilarious! I wish I had them too to help make decisions. Alas, the only inner voice I hear is my own which can be rather indecisive except when I feel a strong inner sense that makes itself clear as to what to do.

Many religious figures have said they hear an inner voice that guides them which they think is God. Some 'channel' inner voices they hear as spiritual entities.

Some schizophrenics may hear an abusive inner voice that bullies them.

Some poets have said they didn't write the poem--it came to them as inspiration and wrote itself spontaneously.

I like a quote from Ernest Holmes: "Let us listen with the inner ear to the voice of Spirit that is always speaking."

We can hear a lot just by listening (to paraphrase Yogi Berra). :-)
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

https://sfba.social/@Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:36 pm

Grasshopper wrote:The woman with the bickering Italian couple as inner voices is hilarious! I wish I had them too to help make decisions. Alas, the only inner voice I hear is my own which can be rather indecisive except when I feel a strong inner sense that makes itself clear as to what to do.

Many religious figures have said they hear an inner voice that guides them which they think is God. Some 'channel' inner voices they hear as spiritual entities.

Some schizophrenics may hear an abusive inner voice that bullies them.

Some poets have said they didn't write the poem--it came to them as inspiration and wrote itself spontaneously.

I like a quote from Ernest Holmes: "Let us listen with the inner ear to the voice of Spirit that is always speaking."

We can hear a lot just by listening (to paraphrase Yogi Berra). :-)

I thought this might be an interesting topic to discuss for our Zoom meetup too. I'm curious if any of our group has an inner voice that actually talks to them or like that hilarious Italian couple--even the person who has that finds it funny.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Grasshopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:48 pm

Sure, bring it up.
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:04 am

In hindsight I’ve come to understand when your perception is functioning on perceived ‘separateness’ from your true state, it creates its own reality as you open to yourself in it.In this way of opening up to the bigger picture and not seperate out what you experience in opening, it becomes an inclusion of deeper awareness of yourself as a whole. You find yourself in it all as you.

So now I could say I created it to be this way until I no longer created it this way.

It was part of opening up to my whole self aware. Plus it supports a bigger awareness of life in all the streams people create it as something seperate from themselves.

Funny I now advocate through wholeness but you can once you get it.
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:46 pm

Alethia wrote:In hindsight I’ve come to understand when your perception is functioning on perceived ‘separateness’ from your true state, it creates its own reality as you open to yourself in it.In this way of opening up to the bigger picture and not seperate out what you experience in opening,  it becomes an inclusion of deeper awareness of yourself as a whole. You find yourself in it all as you.

So now I could say I created it to be this way until I no longer created it this way.

It was part of opening up to my whole self aware. Plus it supports a bigger awareness of life in all the streams people create it as something seperate from themselves.

You did get there. Your experiences can help provide clues for others on the journey to reassemble into wholeness. It's something I could never do as I never separated out in the first place and until I joined the HSP community, I had no idea how common a coping mechanism dividing out and walling off was. I suspect inner voices, guides, etc. are the bridges and first steps to becoming whole.

Still, that arguing Italian couple as an inner voice....that woman's subconscious has a wicked sense of humor!
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lm8 Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:41 pm

Interesting article. Would be nice to find out more about what causes an inner voice to develop the way it does. I know a lot of writers say they usually hear their characters in their head before or during the writing process.
lm8
lm8

Grasshopper and Alethia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:25 pm

lm8 wrote:Interesting article.  Would be nice to find out more about what causes an inner voice to develop the way it does.  I know a lot of writers say they usually hear their characters in their head before or during the writing process.

I think I can say now it’s through early development and experiences that create the characters in some form of your early life experiences. So for me the angelic representation was from early religious conditioning. As for writers and characters maybe some of those characters represent early characters in the lives of the writer, early influences expanding on ones own imagination.

The imagination is powerfully aligned to us in so many ways what we been exposed too, have experienced, I would say. Whether it’s our own life, others or other books influencing our imagination, it seems to create a follow on into our own creations.
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:30 pm

melodiccolor wrote:
Alethia wrote:In hindsight I’ve come to understand when your perception is functioning on perceived ‘separateness’ from your true state, it creates its own reality as you open to yourself in it.In this way of opening up to the bigger picture and not seperate out what you experience in opening,  it becomes an inclusion of deeper awareness of yourself as a whole. You find yourself in it all as you.

You did get there.  Your experiences can help provide clues for others on the journey to reassemble into wholeness.  It's something I eps could never do as I never separated out in the first place and until I joined the HSP community, I had no idea how common a coping mechanism dividing out and walling off was.  I suspect inner voices, guides, etc. are the bridges and first steps to becoming whole.

Still, that arguing Italian couple as an inner voice....that woman's subconscious has a wicked sense of humor!

Yes steps to wholeness for sure.

Yes that woman’s humour and creation is both bizarre and funny..
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:50 pm

All roads lead to Rome (in the Cosmos). Many roads, many journeys, many faces. One God, many are the names. We are drops of water in the same ocean. We cannot escape the whole, except in our limited imaginations that will dissolve in time.
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down