The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biological connectiveness and virus

Go down

Biological connectiveness and virus Empty Biological connectiveness and virus

Post by melodiccolor Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Here's more evidence of how connected we are to nature. There are lots of implications on the findings written about here: http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2013/05/10/the-lurker-how-a-virus-hid-in-our-genome-for-six-million-years/?utm_source=howtogeek&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter It's also known we have exchanged genetic materials with bacteria, and incorporated some of it into our own.

I'm wondering if everything that can harm or kill us also has a crucial benefit to our species longer term. Lots to ponder.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Biological connectiveness and virus Empty Re: Biological connectiveness and virus

Post by melodiccolor Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:26 pm

Some other things that occurred to me as a result of this and other articles read about bacteria and virus (originally posted in chat):

I just had a thought on virus and bacteria.

It seems when they first appear, they're antagonistic to their host and often fatal,  but over time the host and pathogen adapt to one another...millenium and become symbiotic relying on one another to survive,  even exchanging genetic material along the way.

So superbugs of today were created by us trying to kill them...which thwarts this likely process we were unaware of keeping them antagonistic to survive.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down