The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Ways to Find Your People (The Ones Who Really Get You)

2 posters

Go down

5 Ways to Find Your People (The Ones Who Really Get You)  Empty 5 Ways to Find Your People (The Ones Who Really Get You)

Post by melodiccolor Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:21 pm

The article is well written and so true. It's a map for people to learn how to be true to themselves and not compromise or hide who they are.

http://tinybuddha.com/blog/5-ways-find-your-people-the-ones-who-really-get-you/

Originally posted on our Face Book Dimension page.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

5 Ways to Find Your People (The Ones Who Really Get You)  Empty Re: 5 Ways to Find Your People (The Ones Who Really Get You)

Post by Riana Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:54 am

Thanks for posting this article Smile
I share the sentiments that the author first had: feeling like people keep you at arms length. When I enter a new social situation, and I do my best to talk and show interest, people talk back, but I feel like there is this distance that never seems to lift and I notice that they don't seem to connect to me in the end.
Maybe it has to do with my fear of taking up space, of speaking up and being heard. Of being vulnerable, as the author addressed. I've also been told that the trick is to not actually care what other people think of you in any given situation, but I find that hard to achieve. I'm getting better at it, though.
Riana
Riana

Back to top Go down