The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Science and Official Policy, yet another example

2 posters

Go down

Bad Science and Official Policy, yet another example Empty Bad Science and Official Policy, yet another example

Post by melodiccolor Sun May 04, 2014 3:28 pm

The Questionable Link Between Saturated Fat and Heart Disease (link) I'd read many articles recently on this, but this one really puts it all together. I'd already decided to not avoid these fats if they are organic in origin (as contaminates in animal feed, pesticides and medicines can accumulate in fat). I guess I will be buying more expensive organic butter and totally phasing out safflower oil for cooking however. I use fairly little oil as it is in cooking so it won't be a huge change. I'll continue to use olive oil but not under anything but low heat or room temp.

My Medical Health Maintenance Organization and its doctors are still pushing the official government recommendation, but it doesn't make sense to me.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bad Science and Official Policy, yet another example Empty Re: Bad Science and Official Policy, yet another example

Post by RBM Sun May 04, 2014 3:56 pm

melodiccolor wrote:The Questionable Link Between Saturated Fat and Heart Disease (link)  I'd read many articles recently on this, but this one really puts it all together.  I'd already decided to not avoid these fats if they are organic in origin (as contaminates in animal feed, pesticides and medicines can accumulate in fat).  I guess I will be buying more expensive organic butter and totally phasing out safflower oil for cooking however.  I use fairly little oil as it is in cooking so it won't be a huge change.  I'll continue to use olive oil but not under anything but low heat or room temp.

My Medical Health Maintenance Organization and its doctors are still pushing the official government recommendation, but it doesn't make sense to me.

In my experience there is no credibility to any of the worry over fat.

The important determinants are not even in the formulations that I have seen to date.

I've been on a gluten free, sugar mostly free diet for about a year, and I continue to lose weight, in spite of my largely sedentary lifestyle.

My meat consumption is a boneless skinless breast every week or so and some breakfast sausage every weekend. During the week I eat muffins and banana-nut bread daily and some kind of pasta with mushrooms or some type of rice based dish.

RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Bad Science and Official Policy, yet another example Empty Re: Bad Science and Official Policy, yet another example

Post by melodiccolor Sun May 04, 2014 4:23 pm

I am not advocating a carb free diet by any means. Just listening to your body and following what it says, while eliminating refined sugars, chemically altered or created foods, foods laden with pesticides and herbicides and GMO's.

I do all of this as much as I can.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum