The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helping people as an HSP

2 posters

Go down

Helping people as an HSP Empty Helping people as an HSP

Post by Sandythoughts Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:34 pm

I have such immense compassion and I want to help people whenever they're sad. But whenever I try I get too involved and it drains me emotionally. I cant deal with other peoples cutting, suicidal thoughts or rape. I'm so very very affected by their mood and issues that I get really sad too. How do you deal with it? Is anybody here a therapist, priest or councellor and could tell me what it's like to work with helping people while being hsp? I feel like all impressions just shoots through my outer shell like arrows, or rain.
Sandythoughts
Sandythoughts

Back to top Go down

Helping people as an HSP Empty Re: Helping people as an HSP

Post by melodiccolor Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:44 pm

Take a look around the board and in the Discussions on what HSP are all about thread for links as there are a lot of discussions and help on this topic.  You'll find a lot of wisdom.

http://funhsps.niceboard.org/t2267-discussions-on-what-highly-sensitive-people-are-all-about

A couple more threads: http://funhsps.niceboard.org/t3715-compassion-and-empathy
http://funhsps.niceboard.org/t2748-judith-orloff?highlight=judith+orloff

There is much more too in blogs, and in general threads.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:20 pm

Here's another thread that may really help:

Reframing how we see our beginnings

However I needed this insight for a very different reason. I was distressed about the fate of a toddler with two troubled separated parents who were fighting over her in an extremely destructive way. All my life, I have felt the distress and damage done to abused children, even as a child myself and wanted nothing more than to take away the pain, knowing there wasn't anything I could really do except be there and feel love and compassion for them. This insight can bring peace to empaths and others who witness such situations, shift perspectives and trust they can heal in time.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandythoughts Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:25 am

Thank you! I Found a great article on empaths in one of the threads too. Really helpful!
Sandythoughts
Sandythoughts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum