The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best buy return policy (snopes link)

3 posters

Go down

best buy return policy (snopes link) Empty best buy return policy (snopes link)

Post by reb Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:38 pm

this shocked me-i got 'the story' on email,and snopes'd it. wow! true. gives me pause to buy antying from them; made in china, some company doing offshore jobs gets 200% profit, a fancy suit puts most of that in his pocket in a golden parachute, and some poor person is worked half to death to make the cheap thing, whille best buy won't take it back without nailing me for 15%. sounds fair, eh?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/restock.asp

r
reb

Location : next to the women on this board so they know where i'm at

Back to top Go down

best buy return policy (snopes link) Empty Re: best buy return policy (snopes link)

Post by melodiccolor Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:02 pm

More and more chain stores are enacting this policy; especially on electronics as too many people abused the return policy.

Best Buy was one of the first to enact it, a couple of years ago. I agree that it stinks as it really penalizes honest people and good customers; rips them off. I try to shop in stores that to not have such policies. I suggest that before you buy, check into any store's return policies and don't ever take them for granted.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

best buy return policy (snopes link) Empty Re: best buy return policy (snopes link)

Post by Justin Passing Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:48 pm

I've returned things to Best Buy, and quite frankly my experience with them has been good. Even in cases where they would have been perfectly justified not refunding or exchanging (I usually exchange - they've always got something I want) they've done so quite cheerfully. But then, I've never tried to return something on their "restocking fee" list like a camera, computer, or GPS. My returns have been mostly DVD sets and a telephone headset I hated.
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:58 pm

I've found out from experience that nonelectronic items are much easier to return than electronic ones there. But their return policy does change from time to time, so it's hard to make assumptions about them on this.

Electronic items are more expensive, so getting hit with that restocking fee does feel like you're getting ripped off.

I've had some other bad experiences with them so I try not to shop there. Long story, but not uncommon, according to a Consumer Reports survey.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum