The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you see and use intuition?

+5
Zen
RBM
tezorian
anarkandi
melodiccolor
9 posters

Go down

How do you see and use intuition? Empty How do you see and use intuition?

Post by melodiccolor Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:32 pm

The intuitive process is so integral to who I am, that subconscious process that has access to so much more information from all sources than the conscious does. Through it I filter most everything, from empathic readings to the creative process to linking ideas in a free form style to....
I perceive no separation between higher self and self, it all just is a part of me. I sense I am so much more than just my body and brain; I make full use of what I sense too. Heck, I am not even sure where the surface leaves off and the rest begins, or where the layers underneath separate. While they are separate areas, they work together as one. Think of it as currents in an ocean with my whole being that ocean. For me, intuition can use all of it.

Yet it has come to my attention that many see the intuitive process differently, what they mean by it differs.

How do you define it and in what ways do you see it being used?

(Note, I originally did this thread on another board and the discussion was so interesting and informative I thought I'd do it here too.)
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

How do you see and use intuition? Empty Re: How do you see and use intuition?

Post by anarkandi Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:53 am

There's a creative realm of ideas and spirits in our heads, which we interact with to generate a form of "understanding" of the laws and reason of the universe we're interpretting. This realm is interpretative, meaning it creates concepts and images for it's reasoning and ideas, rather than 100% clear facts and empirical date of it.

Intuition can also be seen as a form of water, knowing what another person is feeling and what their intentions are. And that's actually a whole other form of intuition. It's use is different in different places.
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by tezorian Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:08 am

My thoughts on this are not really clear at this point, but i'll share what i can.

Intuition isn't a process or ability. It's our natural state. It's part of what or who we are at the root. Where we started off, where it all began. The complete and fully incorporated energy body. Intuition is communication between the body and energy. Fully merged as one, you would not talk about intuition, but just being alive. If you are fully merged with the energy, you can no longer do what is bad for the body or the soul. The energy actually controls your body, like pain does now.
You would not have negative thoughts nor think of doing harm, let alone act them out. Thoughts would have more power than you can imagine. You would not wait for things to happen, you would make them happen. You would not ask questions, you would just know. You would not worry about tommorow, you would not schedule anything, you would just live in the now.
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:54 am

tezorian wrote:Intuition isn't a process or ability. It's our natural state. It's part of what or who we are at the root. Where we started off, where it all began

I can go with this comment and break at the next remark's about energy. Energy is still not fundamental of being 'root' nor of 'where it all began'. That would be the Larger Consciousness System(LCS) per Campbell's terminology.

More fundamental than energy is information. This aspect of modelling is making increasing inroads to conventional science, since it's found more useful (as in correct) and I'm most familiar with Campbell as such a source in which he states:

Consciousness is nonphysical
The most fundamental aspect of consciousness is information
Information is nonphysical.
The most fundamental aspect of information is bits
The most fundamental representation of bits is binary: off and on, 1 and 0, yes and no.
Thus consciousness can most fundamentally be modeled by a system of digital potential that gains usable energy, organization, or content (information) by reducing its entropy.
A self-aware self-modifiable experiential consciousness system evolves toward states of lower entropy and de-evolves toward states of higher entropy

Intuition, as such, in just information. The LCS exists in Nonphysical Matter Reality (NPMR) and is accessible by any and all human, by virtue of them being Consciousness.

Our brain is a container that contains some of the Consciousness 'data stream' which sources from our Higher Self, located in LCS. A data stream, in part, can be tuned to by virtue of Intent. Tuning is part and parcel to the being state of Human. For example while operating one's car.

For example, I've been practicing sharpening my Intuition most mornings when I pull out of my driveway for work. I have a left turn choice and a right turn choice. The latter is a faster and more direct route with the exception of a train crossing. I don't have the days of the train schedule memorized but have a sense of what days it's likely to be crossing when I want to travel that route, within what matter of minutes I go down the road.

Due to the way the roads are constructed I can check my Intuition with minimal loss of travel time by taking the train route to the first intersection from my driveway which allow me to view several blocks to the crossing and then reverse my travel to the non-train route.

On occasion I have traveled the several blocks to the crossing only to have the crossing guards close when I'm approaching. It's a matter of several minutes, maybe five, from that location to reverse my travel to the non-train route. That amount of time has the capability of making me late if I leave my house late. Leaving late is what I typically avoid.

I can also check my Intuition while using the non-train route, though not easily. Reason being, the route has a viaduct that travels over the tracks.

I'm still mapping my internal processes to learn which is Intuition in the form of a data stream of Real Time or even Future Time, versus the internal data stream that is my EGO and is basically noise in this exercise.

RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by tezorian Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:19 pm

RBM wrote:More fundamental than energy is information.

Information is energy, but energy is also information. They are both the same. What makes energy into information? Nothing. But whatever energy we use or are able to read or interpret is called information. Light is energy, energy is light. Light is information. Even though we can't see all the light, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. This doesn't mean that the light which we do not see, does not exist. It holds no information for us, because we can't perceive it. Nonetheless, it is information, it is energy.
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:17 pm

My version of intuition: I just know stuff and then I do stuff based on that or what feels like true to me at the time.
Doing that makes stuff simpler, don't over think everything and then can give some kind of inner peace throughout the day.
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:05 pm

To clarify, the quote and my usage in stating 'information more fundamental than energy' in the sense of information theory and establishes a specific context.

Information isn't energy, but it does have energy in the sense of entropy.

For example when you want to see in the dark, it is light energy that is the correct form to do the work of lighting an area to see.

However, not all forms of energy will do the work of seeing in the dark.

To summarize: Information is not derivable (thus fundamental), like energy, from the physical quantities of mass, length and time.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:15 am

Please allow me a free expression from my own intuitive understanding, in the hope it may open a wider perception of recognition. As everything in the material universe is an energy formation, shaped into every element of form, every particle of it flows within unperceived resonances of ethereal energy. This then identifies the very essence of everything that is energy formed and its activity in our material condition, which means that if a human being, can `harmonize` within a particular resonance of subtle ethereal resonances, they may become `aware` of the very essence of a formed, active material energy.

Every thought or feeling created or expressed by every life form on earth, becomes a resonance within the subtle ethereal flows. Every expression of energy activity, the light of the Sun, the wind, rain, every flower or tree expresses a flow in the subtle resonances of ethereal flow.
So consider the expression created in such subtle flows of ether, that a human being produces, enough to form a constant subtle body. And it is that subtle body that abridges the very essence of any energy formation in material reality, into our human experience as `awareness` beyond the restrictions of human nature. We call it intuition.

Likened to an astronaut in a suit of psychology and emotions, we embrace the nature of human experience. But step from that suit for moments, and the essence of universal flow, streams through you, like a breeze of wonders of a universe of interconnectivity. A world of interconnected life flowing in harmony, without a need of reason or question, carrying us along in delightful beautiful flow, and when we put the suit back on, the intuition is replaced by the psychology and emotions of human nature. This is the intuition I know, in the moments I allow that suit to drop away.

The most important realization to grasp is that intuition is a human experience. Though it may abridge a wider scope of Spiritual significance, its nature allows all to be abridged into the `awareness` of every human being. How else could human beings understand the universe, how else could human beings know of the Spirit, how else could Love find its way into the hearts of a biological mechanism. Intuition inspires beyond what we can know as human beings, it produces `awareness` before thoughtfulness.

....PAPA BEAR...

Me too Papa bear!!
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by tezorian Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:24 am

RBM wrote:To clarify, the quote and my usage in stating 'information more fundamental than energy' in the sense of information theory and establishes a specific context.

For example when you want to see in the dark, it is light energy that is the correct form to do the work of lighting an area to see.

To summarize: Information is not derivable (thus fundamental), like energy, from the physical quantities of mass, length and time.

I will not try to convey my thoughts on this, but i will respond to what/how you replied. What i see here is the confusion that can occur when two people talk about the same thing, the same thoughts and the same idea. Seemingly disagreeing with each other, yet both stating the same thing. I see you agree with what i said, although it appears you disagree. The difference merely lies in the definitions we both use. They are different, but what we say is the same.
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedream Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:46 am

tezorian wrote:
RBM wrote:To clarify, the quote and my usage in stating 'information more fundamental than energy' in the sense of information theory and establishes a specific context.

I will not try to convey my thoughts on this, but i will respond to what/how you replied. What i see here is the confusion that can occur when two people talk about the same thing, the same thoughts and the same idea. Seemingly disagreeing with each other, yet both stating the same thing. I see you agree with what i said, although it appears you disagree. The difference merely lies in the definitions we both use. They are different, but what we say is the same.

We are all individuals firstly...therefore the 'intuition' experience has to be unique to each and every one of us 'here'. Of course... our thoughts of how to express this will seem both different and then also the same. Why would we possibly express things in the same way... always?
I suppose I am mostly akin to Zens point of view in that it just 'comes to me'...and in that simplicity I learn to trust these things and act upon them...or not. I also believe everyone has this ability...some perhaps more than others..therefore the 'sensitivity ratio'...but everyone has this inate ability. We are hardwired for it.
Have a great day! alien
Bluedream
Bluedream

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 am

Alethia wrote:As everything in the material universe is an energy formation, shaped into every element of form, every particle of it flows within unperceived resonances of ethereal energy

Thanks for this, Alethia.

I once used the model of 'everything in the material universe' is energy but found it deficient in describing some phenomena.

I now recognize an additional classification within the material universe as exemplified in this line from the pr3evious quote:

TC wrote:Information is nonphysical

This term 'nonphysical' is problematic for most whose present reality experience is in the material reality, generally speaking. I've had many discussions elsewhere about the term and it's usage.

Here's an explanation from Tom's Wiki to help clarify:

TC's Wiki wrote:The term "nonphysical" has been chosen to serve the largest amount of people with a minimum of confusion. Both PMR and NPMR are real physical places from the point of view of the consciousness beings that inhabit them. From within a given local reality (a specific dimension of AUM or TBC), everything within that reality appears physical while everything outside of that reality appears nonphysical.

Jargon:

PMR - Physical Matter Reality; where the computer is that you are typing on.
NPMR - Nonphysical Matter Reality; Dreams, OOB's, NDE's.; the reality that sources our physical existence, where AUM is.
AUM - Absolute Unbounded Manifold; "The Absolute Unbounded Manifold (AUM) goes by many alternate names, such as the LCS, All That Is, Source, The One Consciousness, etc. depending upon the context that is being emphasized."

Intuition being nonphysical information has consequences that are different to consequences of physical matter information such as the symbols I'm typing on my computer screen.

TC's Wiki wrote:Nonphysical-Matter Reality is defined to be everything other than PMR. It is the non-material (from the view of PMR) superset of PMR that contains its own unique properties, materials, and laws. Like PMR, NPMR can also be effectively and purposefully manipulated (is operationally viable) and is inhabited by beings that are sentient in it.

NPMR contains unique dimensions, material, and time that consistently and necessarily follows its own rules (physics). It exists independently of PMR and may contain numerous unique local realities as subsets.

One example of the different consequences of where Intuition sources from in NPMR is a matter of it having it's own rules. For example in PMR we use technology of a plane, to fly. In NPMR, assuming one is developed enough, one can fly by simply creating an Intent. a very focused type of thought.

What I find that takes a lot of focus and effort as one climbs the learning curve, so to speak is sorting out the Intuition bits of Information from the other information sources, such as my EGO.

Intuition hits me, at this point in development, similarly to how Zen describes it - I just know. At times the pure abruptness is a hallmark of Intuition information; it POP's into my mind... and there it is.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:50 pm

So from many perspectives comes clarity. Some see it as accessing the "oneness" underlying reality, some see it as energy manifested. But everyone seems to experience it as "it just comes to me" when our minds are clear to hear what it has to say. I experience it that way too.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:55 pm

Intuition will be your guide from wherever you reside, whatever is in you..if you listen it will lead you to exactly what you need..even if you think you dont need it....in that space, where our emotions and mind may intervene as one with intution, it will be your best guide...

As you let go of emotional binds and the conditioned mind, intution is then a tool where the mind is clear, the emotions at peace and the clarity of listening is deeper and more openly connected to bringing you the joy you seek..
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Selmine Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:42 pm

I believe intuition is two things. To me, it is just like tuning in to a radio: there are different stations and based on which you choose to listen to, you won't hear the same thing. Some are tuned in to hear people's and animals' emotions, etc. Others are simply not 'listening' to that station.

When I am in a poetic mood, I tell myself that intuition is a deep, guiding voice inside each of us, a voice that is conditioned and affected by neither time nor space.
Selmine
Selmine

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:47 pm

That's a nice working definition of intuition.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riana Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:31 am

I don't really know what intuition is exactly, but I do believe it's a muscle you can train. I remember doing "intuition exercices" like guessing who's calling on the phone when I was younger. It's the first thought that pops up in your head when you ask yourself something, sometimes barely noticeable. Sometimes I find it hard to separate intuition from my mind's fears though. Sometimes I feel like something very bad is going to happen to me and then nothing happens. I guess those are my fears.
Riana
Riana

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:25 pm

I had an experience in college where I mistook anxiety for intuition and lost some credibility with a few people. There was to be this huge demonstration of neonazies in the downtown area of the city I was in at the time and emotions were running quite high against it by many large groups. They all planned counter demostrations and I was sure riots were going to break out as a result so cautioned people to not go. It turned out it was my read of emotions plus anxiety, not the just knowing premonition. It was the only time I'd ever been wrong about a prediction and it taught me the power of fear.

Strong emotions can and do distort or mimic intuitive processes, making it hard to get a clear reading of what it has to tell us. Not just fear, but compassion, anger, any emotion really.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down