The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you like "the Hunger Games"?

2 posters

Go down

Do you like "the Hunger Games"? Empty Do you like "the Hunger Games"?

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:58 pm

This is why I've been MIA.
I've been writing a fan fiction. I'm doing this exercise to become a better writer. Also, because I love the story so much.
So, without further delay...

I've written (or should I say re-written) the Hunger Games novel from another character's viewpoint: Peeta. It's called (strangely enough) The Hunger Games: Peeta's Story
It's as long as the novel (60,000+ words), and NOT ORIGINAL. Even though parts of it are original writing, the characters and story are not mine (obviously.) I figure anyone who loves the book and characters won't mind reading it "again" (so to speak) from another angle.

I need readers, for 2 reasons. First, I need people wiling to read it for editorial reasons. This is not a polished novel, but I'd like to get good enough to write one. I can't do that without feedback. However, I kinda prefer that you like the story and/or have read the books.

Second, I want to share this with people who love the story as much as I do. It really helps if you read the book (the REAL book, ha ha) before you read this. (It also helps if you like Peeta, but not really necessary.)

Since it's a large file, I might need some advice on how to send it. I know there are several services out there that send large files via email. Is that a good way to do it, you techies out there?

I'm hoping this new "fan" addiction of mine will turn out as well, or better than my fan videos did.

I've also finished the rough draft of "Catching Fire: The Girl and the Spark" and I'm almost finished with "Mockingjay: Nightmare"

I plan on writing a fourth, which will be my own writing called "The Dandelion in Spring"

Those of you who know the story will understand this.

So, please email me if you are interested in reading and I will send the file to you.
hungergamesfanfic69@gmail.com
Thanks.
Mo/Blue Topaz
Very Happy

Do you like "the Hunger Games"? ImagesCAFHB0KC

Last edited by BlueTopaz on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Do you like "the Hunger Games"? Empty Re: Do you like "the Hunger Games"?

Post by BlueTopaz Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:27 am

I'm posting an excerpt. study mrgreen

Years ago, when we were kids, there was an accident in the mines. Katniss’ father was killed. I heard talk at school that her mother was completely broken with grief, that she couldn’t get out of bed. So, with no adult to provide any sort of income, I watched as Katniss and her sister got thinner and thinner. I wished there was something I could do, thought through a thousand scenarios where I would help her, but I couldn’t think of any where she wouldn’t just scowl and throw my offering back in my face. Then, one bitterly cold day in late April, as the rain was coming down in icy torrents, I heard my mother screaming out the back door, “You Seam brats! I’m so sick of you hanging around our yards, stealing our things! Get out of here, you, before I call the peacekeepers.” It was true. A lot of Seam kids would come and steal things from our back yard. I guess they thought we had a lot, when we actually were just getting by ourselves.
I looked around my mother’s back and saw Katniss standing out by our trash bin. She was so pale and hollow-eyed that I was afraid she might die, right there in our yard. I knew I had to do something. My mother pushed me aside and I moved to the window to see Katniss stumble to our apple tree and collapse. Panic filled me. I looked frantically around the kitchen searching for something, needing to find some way to help. I saw the Mayday breads sitting on the rack above the oven. Mayday breads are full of all the promise of summer…raisins and nuts and shredded carrots sweetened with honey. They’re also very expensive and had been ordered by the mayor himself for his annual breakfast with the council. Without thinking twice I pushed over the rack and the two large loaves fell right into the coal fire.
I turned and immediately felt the impact of the wooden spoon on my face. It felt as if my cheek had split. “You stupid thing, look what you’ve done!” My mother pulled the blackening Mayday loaves out of the fire, still burning, and thrust them into my hands. “You never do anything right,” she muttered. I stood still with fear, the burning bread scorching my skin, not daring to look up at her. “Go and feed them to the pig!” she yelled, spittle from the word “pig” spraying on my arms. I flew down our back steps, so afraid that Katniss had heard my mother’s harsh voice, or me cry out when she struck me, and had fled into the freezing afternoon. But she was there, the rain beating down on her face. I didn’t dare look too long at where she had huddled, afraid my mother would follow me out and use the spoon on her. As I tore off a blackened corner of bread and threw it into the pigsty I heard the bell over the front door in the bakery jingle. I listened to the heavy tread of my mother fade as she walked out to the front of the store to attend to customers.
Now was my chance. Watching out of the corner of my eye I threw first one loaf and then the other at where Katniss sat. Oh please take them, I thought, but she didn’t move. I dared one brief glance to be sure she hadn’t died right there and saw her looking at the bread with all the avidity of a starving person. I wondered insanely if it was because I was standing there that she wouldn’t take the loaves, so I rushed up the steps without a second look. Hearing my mother coming back, I jumped over the threshold and slammed the door shut. I was so afraid she would look out there and see that I had given Katniss the bread, and that she would stop her, stop her from taking those two burnt loaves. My mother only gave me a disgusted shake of her head and went back to the board where she had been kneading a big hunk of dough. Watching her back, I slipped to the window in time to see Katniss stick the bread inside her coat, look around her furtively and run away.
She took them! I thought. She took the bread. And I was able to breathe again.
The next day at school I saw her standing in the hall but I was with my friends and just walked by her. I felt her big solemn eyes follow me as I passed and I cursed myself. Why couldn’t I talk to her? For me, talking to people was the easiest thing. I had no problem talking to anyone else. It’s just that when I thought of those gray eyes boring into me, my throat closed up, my mind froze, and I couldn’t say a thing.
Later that day I saw her across the schoolyard, waiting for her sister to walk her home. I was determined I was going to talk to her. But before I could gather my courage she turned away, bent down and picked a dandelion from the grass. She twirled the yellow blossom in her fingers and I was captivated by her expression of joy. Once again all my nerve and determination left me and I walked away quickly, afraid she might think I was watching her, which was a silly thought, because I was.
The moment had passed. Prim and her seemed to get better, I wasn’t quite sure how, until I learned that she snuck into the nearby woods beyond the fence and gathered edible plants. Then I heard she was hunting for game. I knew that was a pretty serious crime and that’s when I started to become afraid for her. But I also fiercely admired her bravery and resourcefulness. And I became more nervous and less able to approach her with every passing day.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:41 pm

It's interesting, draws you in. I'm not familiar with the series this is based on so it's hard to comment there. I was hoping someone was, would be interested in responding but no one has been free to just yet.

I know you love to do fanvids and fanfic, but have you ever considered doing original work? You do have the talent for it.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Oh yes. I'd like to do original work. This is all leading up to that.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:39 pm

I've finished Mockingjay:Nightmare, as a very rough draft. I'm still polishing THe Girl and the Spark to the point where I'll release it.
I've started The Dandelion in Spring.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:36 am

I've created a google site with the first two books in their entirety on it.
https://sites.google.com/site/bluetopazfanart/home

I"m almost finished with the last one, which was interesting because it was entirely my own work.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:39 pm

My husband just bought the dvd movie ""the Hunger Games"; we plan to watch it tonight. I will finally see what it's about and if I like it.

I still don't have my computer; wondering if it's possible to download your books onto my netbook for reading while traveling and how best to do it.

OK, just talked to havonej about the Hunger Games; it really sounds like it's not something I'd like unfortunately.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum