The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rechargeable batteries FAQ

2 posters

Go down

Rechargeable batteries FAQ Empty Rechargeable batteries FAQ

Post by waterdragon7 Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:17 am

I've been researching this topic over the weekend, and the Sanyo Eneloop AA and AAA had the best reviews of the various brands considered. One reviewer at Amazon posted a very helpful FAQ about these batteries here:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R9VPVQ0UO2MKH

It is also helpful to read the comments about this product. Rechargeables are much better for the environment than the disposable varieties! And this reviewer had some good suggestions as to the best brands to use when recharging these batteries. Cool

P.S. I just tested the link, and it isn't working properly, so you will have to copy/paste into your browser. My apologies in advance, and I'm not sure why the problems with the links I've posted here over the past several months. But what this reviewer has to impart on this topic is very, very worthwhile!
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

Rechargeable batteries FAQ Empty Re: Rechargeable batteries FAQ

Post by RBM Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:50 am

I use Amazon reviews (the link worked for me) but not as sole indicators due to the pseudonymous nature of the reviewer.

I quickly browsed the link, and saw some good things, like the refrigeration issue. discussed and bookmarked it.

I have started buying and using rechargeables as a matter of course, since I was involved in technical service work. Initial cost is higher of course, longer term I'm not sure. I'd only seriously that sort of evaluation done on a fully qualified, transparent case study.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdragon7 Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:32 pm

RBM wrote:I use Amazon reviews (the link worked for me) but not as sole indicators due to the pseudonymous nature of the reviewer.

I quickly browsed the link, and saw some good things, like the refrigeration issue. discussed and bookmarked it.

I have started buying and using rechargeables as a matter of course, since I was involved in technical service work. Initial cost is higher of course, longer term I'm not sure. I'd only seriously that sort of evaluation done on a fully qualified, transparent case study.
RBM, while I use AAA rechargeables in an inexpensive BT mouse and AA rechargeables in an ancient digital camera, the FAQ was worthwhile to me for one specific thing I learned: that I own a "dumb" battery charger. I still have to research the Sony battery charger the guy with the FAQ recommended. But it seems to be selling anywhere from $10.89 + shipping on Amazon to $12.99 plus sales tax at a local Fry's Electronics. The La Crosse "smart chargers" are something else again, priced approximately from $40-$60 on Amazon, but they do have the digital readouts the Sony lacks. Yet, per its specs, the Sony is indeed a "smart charger," albeit lacking all the "bell & whistles" of the La Crosse.

What I'd really be interested in finding, however, is a solar-powered "smart charger" complete with the digital readout. Alas, I don't believe even one of those exists at this time. I'm not sure if it's something about the technical feasibility, where the retail price would have to be set, or a combination of both factors.
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:07 pm

I bought a dumb charger then learned of the smart chargers and bought one of those, too. I've used it a bit, but not a lot.

The Oil Drum is where I usually come across solar technology mentions. Seems I've seen a post or two on the general topic.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdragon7 Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:29 am

RBM wrote:I bought a dumb charger then learned of the smart chargers and bought one of those, too. I've used it a bit, but not a lot.

The Oil Drum is where I usually come across solar technology mentions. Seems I've seen a post or two on the general topic.
RBM, thank you for the "heads up" re: "The Oil Drum" forum. Cool I'm going to look at it as soon as I log-out of "Dimensions".
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Fair Warning ;-)

TOD uses Google search, so you have to be fairly focused in you search terms.

Good Luck.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum