The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?

4 posters

Go down

What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?  Empty What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?

Post by Sparkles Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:07 am

Hey guys,

I'm hopeless when it comes to short form words - Abbreviations, and hardly use them. So I'm trying to figure something out which someone may be able to answer here?

I can't read it properly but from what I can see, it looks like on this card I got it's either ;

PY! or P4! .....and next to it, the exclamation point, where it's got the dot underneath, isn't a dot but a love heart. Embarassed

Does anyone know whether it's PY or P4 and what it stands for? Remembering that the exclamation point has a heart instead of the dot too. Extra Happy

This needs a better explanation..So people will understand it better.

Someone sent me a lovely card, and wrote their message, which is understandable. However after their message at the end, they've written those letters.
Am I meant to figure this out? As I really don't know what those letters/numbers stand for, in abbreviations, or what they represent. What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?  272908807

Last edited by Sparkles on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:54 am; edited 5 times in total
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?  Empty Re: What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?

Post by Nucky Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:30 am

This looks like it is some kind of vision, so it belongs in this forum. I moved it from Bubble Bath to here.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?  Empty Re: What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?

Post by Sparkles Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:39 am

Hi Nucky,

It's not really a vision. Someone sent me a card and along with the message and the person signature, it had those letters as short form for something. So that's what I'm questioning here. What those letters mean. And I can't reply back to them, until I figure out what it means. lol . As I hate reading unfinished mail. What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?  3087761004
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:42 am

ah, ok. I'll move it back then. Sorry to keep jerking your thread around. Very Happy
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:46 am

Nucky wrote:ah, ok. I'll move it back then. Sorry to keep jerking your thread around. Very Happy

Nah, it's ok Nucky. This means you're keeping up by doing your job. lol
So does this mean, you too don't know short form letters? What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?  1580745876
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:48 am

Sparkles wrote:
Nah, it's ok Nucky. This means you're keeping up by doing your job. lol
So does this mean, you too don't know short form letters? What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?  1580745876

That abbreviation in particular doesn't look familiar to me.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:51 am

Thanks Nucky. Perhaps someone else will. Nods nods.

Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:30 am

PY: http://www.acronymfinder.com/PY.html

P4: http://www.acronymfinder.com/P4.html

Neither sounds like what your looking for though....
Samt03
Samt03

https://www.amazon.com/author/showndraridge

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn13 Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Perhaps you could upload a photo of the acronym... My thoughts were it could be their initials when I first read your post - I sign off with a scribble sometimes of my initials...

Also if I were to see a P in a typed acronym and wasn't sure one option is I'd consider it means tongue out, like Razz means poking ones tongue out at someone and ;P means poking ones tongue with a wink...

From my very naive knowledge of these types of things!
unicorn13
unicorn13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:31 am

I'm not sure how to interpret these Abbreviations at all. And I don't want to reply to the person until I do, for the sake of not looking like I'm being ignorant.

I can't upload it, because I don't have a camera, nor do I have a scanner. What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?  1580745876

To make more sense of this: It was Gaia who sent me the card. The note written on my card is understandable, as it's got a thank you etc, and then Lanzer's signature, but under his signature is what I'm questioning.

But it's the hand written Abbreviation in pen underneath, that's got me thinking. What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?  272908807 I don't know if these Initials could be a Gaia staff members name, or whether it's something in code written and for me to figure out. But I'm really hopeless at understanding this kind of stuff. And I can't ask, because I don't know who to ask, and for the sake of Embarrassment, I'd rather not do that. What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?  1580745876

Thanks guys, for helping me figure this out though. Extra Happy
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn13 Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:41 am

Aha - I've got a random idea... May seem silly but they say no idea is silly (words of encouragement for me to keep typing what I'm about to say Wink)...

Is it the OM symbol written quickly...? So in cursive/running writing style...

Given it's from Gaia seems totally logical they'd sign off with this and if it's handwritten they'd write a lot of them so the symbols would probably become quite messy after a while...

The PY combo seems more like an om than the P4 but see what you think... I'm guessing you know what it looks like but just in case: http://www.google.com/search?q=om+symbol&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Jhz0T5_YDOmG4gTti4HtBg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
unicorn13
unicorn13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:50 am

That's a pretty neat idea and wow that you should say that, as I have an OM as my tattoo. lol.

But nope, it's not an OM at all. The letters are clearly separated, and you can tell that the first letter is definitely a P . However, that second letter that's a bit harder to figure out. Although it's clear, I'm questioning the persons writing and what they want me to interpret it as . ....Because it does not have that point in the center so much. I'm wondering could it be P4 .....Where the 4 is meant to be an A ...So it'd read something like PA! With Exclamation and heart under the dot. bounce
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn13 Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:04 pm

That's too funny about the tattoo - that makes you an OM expert! Wink

I'm stumped for more ideas but your PA suggestion might trigger some thoughts in others...

unicorn13
unicorn13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:03 am

Hiya Unicorn,

Yessy I know right? Isn't that just hilarious? LOL>

I've been asking everyone I know, and no one knows what it means. Hopefully one day I'll figure it out. When I'm grey and old. Haha.
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:56 am

Random thought if you feel like paying the postage... Take the letter down some where you can copy it, make a copy of the part you can't understand, snail mail it to me, and I can scan it and upload a pic of it here. Round about way but it may work.
Samt03
Samt03

https://www.amazon.com/author/showndraridge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:02 am

I'll ask a few more people I know to see if they know anything about what the Abbreviations stand for. And if I can't find out, then that would be my next option.

Thanks Havonej for the offer.
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn13 Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:15 am

Another way following Havonej's suggestion is given you're in Australia if you're near an Officeworks you could take it down to them and ask them to scan it to a thumb drive (if you have one) or scan it and email it to you... (they have a DIY section to do this but you could ask for help if you're unsure)...

Most photocopiers these days have the function to scan and email so also anywhere that offers photocopying could do it too (e.g. Post Office)... I used to do it at work and when studying even from 10 years ago...

Thought I'd mention this... Just in case Havonej's not in Australia so might be quicker to get an answer Wink

If you get an answer from others you know you have to tell us now because we're intrigued!!
unicorn13
unicorn13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:46 am

Yes I am in Australia unicorn. And what a great idea. I may wait until I'm on holidays from work and visit one of our Officeworks stores. I never really thought of that all.

Yes you're right, it'll speed things up majorly.

Wow, I've got a chain of intriguements going on. [if there is such a word] ...Sounds cute too. LOL. I'm one of those people that likes to know things, and this has got me going whacko jacko trying to figure it out. Bwhaha.

You're brilliant, thanks for your suggestions and ideas. Very Happy

Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:03 am

I finally got my answer. After reading something on Gaia, it lead me to someone else, and that someone else lead me to a Gaia Artist named pyawakit ..But people call her PY for short.

Anyways, that Abbreviation I gather was her name on my card, as she gets to sign the card too. Link below of how I found out, and that's the same card that was sent to me. And she also states that both she and Lanzer get to sign that card.

http://pyawakit.deviantart.com/#/d54q4rf

Phew, finally after about a week or so. What do these letters mean? Know about Abbreviations?  272908807
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn13 Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:51 pm

That is super funny... And wonderful you found out... I totally got confused and thought Gaia was a spiritual site and it's a gaming site after I clicked on your link and saw gaiaonline.com... How embarrassment! (quoting Effie, if you're in Australia you may be familiar with her Wink)

Talk about randomly getting to the answer Smile
unicorn13
unicorn13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:46 pm

unicorn13 wrote:That is super funny... And wonderful you found out... I totally got confused and thought Gaia was a spiritual site and it's a gaming site after I clicked on your link and saw gaiaonline.com... How embarrassment! (quoting Effie, if you're in Australia you may be familiar with her Wink)

Talk about randomly getting to the answer Smile

Haha. Yes it is, isn't it ? LOL. Nope not Spiritual at all. However the name Gaia itself, I believe is something to do with 'Mother nature'. So perhaps in a way
it's somewhat Spiritual. OMG, I love cousin Effie. Yessss! And funny that you should say that ..because I too say 'how embarrassment'. Nothing like Good old
Greek humor to kick start the morning. Extra Happy
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum