The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullying

+2
tezorian
Nucky
6 posters

Go down

Bullying Empty Bullying

Post by Nucky Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:43 pm

This is comparable to the kind of bullying I got in school. Yes, there are worse types of bullying but this still really makes you feel like shit. I'm glad the lady is getting a lot of support.

Normally I'm against corporal punishment, but this video really made me angry, and made me think that those kids need to be smacked hard.

Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bullying Empty Re: Bullying

Post by tezorian Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Just put each of them in the middle of the city centre... Naked. And leave them there for a week. Perhaps that'll wake them up. Only watched about 40 seconds, was more than enough.
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:17 pm

The viral public response and outrage towards this is vindicating to anyone who has been treated like this. It's good to see more public awareness about bullying and how it affects people.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:40 am

At the same time, I couldn't help but have this thought:

Out of the millions of people this happens to every day, why her? What made her situation in particular stand out enough to go viral?
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riana Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:43 am

I didn't watch the video, out of fear of triggering too much inside of me, but I feel I want to hug the woman and tell her how beautiful and courageous she is.
Riana
Riana

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn13 Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:11 am

tezorian wrote:Just put each of them in the middle of the city centre... Naked. And leave them there for a week. Perhaps that'll wake them up. Only watched about 40 seconds, was more than enough.

That's funny (curious funny, not ha ha funny), I got to 55 seconds and didn't want/need to watch more...

This is one of the hardest topics to see happen to others, have happen to yourself, then try and release, forgive or move on from. I have so many thoughts on this to try to make sense of it, because in many cases, the perpetrators don't connect with the pain of others at all and wish more pain on them as if they're totally disconnected from what's going on like it's a video game where you get extra points for killing the granny on the side of the street for example. I have this line in my head which is, they don't know how much harm they're causing, they don't know what they're doing, but in the videos you see that this line is debunked because how can they not know what comes out of their mouths... I know this is going to come up in my inner dialogs because I need to get a clear inner perspective particularly after reading Riana's recent post on this topic too.

Needless to say this happened when I grew up and to varying degrees I felt teased by most people around me or not taken seriously... Though in my case, it was in the category of that's nothing, how could you call that teasing... Yet it still was distressing and hurtful and still sits with me and is uncomfortable and I have that 'don't want to go there' vibe...
unicorn13
unicorn13

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:43 am

The follow-up to this is that this woman has gotten so many letters, flowers, and good wishes from all over the world after this aired. People even sent her money (the last total was over $400,000) and she is now able to retire if she wishes.

As to why it happened Nucky, it could be various things, but obviously there was some "pack mentality" at work. One of them started it and then there were four of them egging each other on against someone they perceived as weaker who was basically trapped with them at that moment.

It was obvious that these boys saw nothing wrong with their actions. I did manage to watch the entire thing, and it gets really bad. Then not only did one of them film it, but then posted it on youtube as a way to brag about what they had done. Definately some disconnect from the feelings of others there.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Nucky wrote:At the same time, I couldn't help but have this thought:

Out of the millions of people this happens to every day, why her? What made her situation in particular stand out enough to go viral?
They recorded it, posted it, and told people to look for it. The wrong (right) person saw it and contacted the news media more then likely.

The whole thing makes me sick. I read about it before seeing the video, but the video brought me to tears in just a few seconds, and to a rage 1 min in. I had to shut it off and walk away from the computer.

I keep hearing stories from my younger friends about the way school are today, and I just don't know why they've gotten so bad. I've talked with both my husband and roommate multiple times and we're honestly worried about the future with the way kids are now. Bullying and the like has always been around, I know but never this bad it seems. And I know it's not just children, it's adults doing it too. Society as a whole almost... So when did everyone just stop caring about others? And why? Does it really take that much more effort to actually care how you treat someone?
(end rant... sorry...)
Samt03
Samt03

https://www.amazon.com/author/showndraridge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum