The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Movies

4 posters

Go down

Summer Movies Empty Summer Movies

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:51 pm

Summertime has historically been the time for the studios to release a lot of their "blockbusters". And with gas prices, well, this might be the most affordable "get-away" most of us can handle. So, we've had a few come out already, what comes to mind is the new Indiana Jones movie. I didn't go see that one. The only one I have seen so far is "The Happening" because I am an M. Night Shyamalan fan. That one was so-so. I am looking forward to "The Dark Knight", and "The X-Files". Tonight we are going to go see the newest Pixar one "Wall-E". It is supposed to be really good (sci-fi-ey as well).

So what movies have you all seen or want to see. And, when will we ever get over this re-make craze?
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Summer Movies Empty Re: Summer Movies

Post by SimplyNan Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:51 pm

I did see The Bucket List, which I liked a whole lot. Also Nim's Island, which turned out to be better than I though it would be. I sort of wait until the movies come to the cheaper theater near me. Even better on $1.00 Tuesdays!
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:13 pm

I haven't seen any summer movies yet, but I am looking forward to "The Dark Knight". I am a huge Christian Bale fan and loved Batman Begins.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:14 pm

I am so backlogged on video tape that I generally wait until the movies comes to satellite (cable) and tape or watch for the cost of basic paid tv. Most of the movies coming out now don't interest me much, although a few do. That's fine; I have about 12 movies backlogged plus 45+ hours of programming (like the entire series of LOST and Boston Legal, for example) for when I do finally watch a bit of tv.

In our area, a discounted movie ticket for adults is $11! A full price is $15. Add soda running down the floors, volumn up way too loud, noisy people and cell phones and it seems so much better to just stay home to watch the same things.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:22 pm

Well I just got back from Wall-E and I know I am an HSP. I cried at an animated robot. I felt so silly but the tears were streaming down my face. That's the most I've cried at a movie in a looong time. It was mostly because the message was very moving and dear to my heart (I won't spoil it for anyone). It is an excellent movie, visually arresting, as all pixar movies are, and the characters were wonderful. The message however... let us just say I found it quite moving.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum