The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Jersey middle school is now a "no hugging school"

3 posters

Go down

New Jersey middle school is now a "no hugging school" Empty New Jersey middle school is now a "no hugging school"

Post by Nucky Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 pm

I went to this middle school. Apparently the "us vs them" mentality that prevailed throughout the administration at the time I went there in the late '80s is still very much alive and well.

When I went there, there was a rule against going to your locker except at the very beginning and the very end of the day.

I recognize that there are people who don't like being hugged, but a student who hugs another student against their will is a localized behavioral problem that cannot be fixed with a "one size fits all" policy. Fixing isolated problems with global solutions is another thing they were always notorious for.

I do hope that there's lots of backlash and that kids don't listen to this butthead principal. If I had a kid and he got in trouble for the right reasons (disregarding insane rules like this one,) I would reward him handsomely.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/22/reports-new-jersey-middle-school-bans-hugging/
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Jersey middle school is now a "no hugging school" Empty Re: New Jersey middle school is now a "no hugging school"

Post by paintdeer30 Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Suspect that is weird like you said it's probably an isolated situation that spun out of control.

Sometimes girls will get into the habit of hugging each other as a clinque group. Always annoyed me it didn't feel like a real hug.

but sometimes just hugging because you really need it what about in times of real emgerency? Is that not allowed? it's like you're not allow to express any kind of emotion. crazy

paintdeer30
paintdeer30

http://anniesartphotography.shutterfly.com/pictures

Back to top Go down

New Jersey middle school is now a "no hugging school" Empty Re: New Jersey middle school is now a "no hugging school"

Post by anarkandi Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:23 am

In Sweden, this would cause mass riots. People like their hugs.
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:28 pm

The principal resigned, citing personal reasons. He tried to explain that he meant that prolonged, public displays of hugging were banned, and not simple hugs. He was quoted by various sources as saying in the original announcement that Matawan Avenue "is a no-hugging school." I say it's for the best, even if it was a simple miscommunication and not backpedaling, he's still an idiot. When you're the principal, what you say and how you say it kind of matters, especially during morning announcements.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down