The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make sure you have surge protection working the next few days

3 posters

Go down

Make sure you have surge protection working the next few days Empty Make sure you have surge protection working the next few days

Post by melodiccolor Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:27 am

Huge solar storm coming! It's already begun to arrive and we may see auras further south than normal too.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Make sure you have surge protection working the next few days Empty Re: Make sure you have surge protection working the next few days

Post by melodiccolor Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:15 pm

An update: some surprises with this storm after all. No wonder the sunlight continued to be altered on friday. On thursday, I noticed that the sunlight seemed far too bright and shifted into the blue spectrum slightly; it almost seemed like an alien star. I was surprised to see it continue into friday and this weekend it still wasn't back to normal, although not quite as bright. Has anyone else noticed this?
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Make sure you have surge protection working the next few days Empty Re: Make sure you have surge protection working the next few days

Post by Nucky Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:12 pm

As the northern hemisphere moves from winter to summer solstice, the sun moves to an increasingly greater angle from the horizon, making it appear brighter. March is the month when it rises the fastest. If the sun shines for the first time after a long cloudy spell, it can seem like a very drastic and sudden change this time of year. That wouldn't explain the blue shift though.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Nucky, I assure you this isn't a seasonal change; the sun increased in brightness from one day to the next noticeably, both bright clear days and the color of both the quality of the light and the color of the sky were also changed.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:00 pm

A magnetic storm can affect electromagnetic wavelength of which color is one, if I remember my physics correctly.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Thanks RBM, and my acute color sense would notice the change even if it was subtle.

I noticed today that the brightness is back down to closer to normal and the light is somewhat less blue shifted.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum