The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxes: Collections and Distributions

4 posters

Go down

Taxes: Collections and Distributions Empty Taxes: Collections and Distributions

Post by melodiccolor Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:16 pm

Yet another topic that seems to come up repeatedly in different threads is the subject of taxes; How people and entities are unfairly taxed or given breaks, and how those taxes are used.

There is much to cover in this thread; so I'll let others begin it. (I'm not even sure where to start, but there are some passionate feelings on the topic by many of the members here.)
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Taxes: Collections and Distributions Empty Re: Taxes: Collections and Distributions

Post by SimplyNan Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:26 am

Oh, Mel, you are so brave! This is a real can of worms and while I can see the need for taxes, sometimes I think they are unfairly applied. That's about all I'm going to say on the subject, at least for the moment.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Taxes: Collections and Distributions Empty Re: Taxes: Collections and Distributions

Post by waterdragon7 Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:15 am

Mel, current tax policy, as it stands, is one of the primary reasons why I refuse to support an amnesty for those who entered this country illegally.

An amnesty act was passed in 1986, and the act contained a provision thatt any company or corporation which then continued to employ thsoe here illegally would have sanctions placed upon it. Those sanctions were rarely enforced. If they had been enforced, we would not be having the current debate about amnesty, as the problem would not have been created in the first place!

In business, there are a number of reasons for non-performance of a contract, anyone of which can get the business sued in civil court.

But when the non-performance was intentional from the start, as it most certainly was in the case of the federal government re: the 1986 act re; amnesty, if can'only be defined as fraud!

So the federal government took money from taxpayers under fraudulent pretenses re: this act, since those who passed it, as we know from 20/20 hindsight, obviously never had any intention whatsoever of seeing the employer sanctions enforced. Which makes every last one of them who voted in favor of the act a con artist - basically, a common criminal who would be in jail if such a stunt had been attempted in the private sector.

And meanwhile, you have how many people in prison over tax disputes? Some probably deserve to be there, but many do not. And if you're going to give an amnesty to those who broke the law by entering the country illegally, then you DAMN WLLL BETTER provide an amnesty for those U.S. citizens who have been jailed over taxes.

Practices such as the one just described is why, no matter what Obama or McCain attempts to tell me, or any other U.S. 'Congress critter,' or the current President, I consider it to be nothing more than fecal drivel dribbling down their chins from their yaps!
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:30 am

the definition of fraud:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud

read, enjoy, think.....and then???
reb
reb

Location : next to the women on this board so they know where i'm at

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down