The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facing our harshest critic

3 posters

Go down

Facing our harshest critic Empty Facing our harshest critic

Post by melodiccolor Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:38 pm

I learned with this video that tezorian shared with me that ego is used differently in spiritual groups than it is in psychology. No wonder they see ego as something to let go of at all costs. Ego is seen as how we negetively define ourselves and others around us, our world, whereas spirit is flowing in harmony with all that is, our true inner central selves.

I see it a bit differently, we are all one and there is no separation. Fears give voice to the criticism.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Facing our harshest critic Empty Re: Facing our harshest critic

Post by Reamsie Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Interesting
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:11 am

Welllll, that was quite poetic.

I'm not familiar with Tolle's existentialist views. but he does mention 'death' in this particular work.

As one who subscribes to death of the biounit ONLY, such a perspective lends a slightly different take on The EGO than either any particular spiritual groups or psychology belief system.

One commonality with such a perspective to the Tolle view is The EGO has usefulness but can also be responsible for 'problems'. This is where value judgements may occur such as the choice to define The EGO as negative (or positive).

Such problems are all learning opportunities, in one way or another. This is the result of understanding of any Big Picture View which extends beyond value judgements and results The EGO within a broader context.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum