The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As for my ego, I have none. I do not need an ego when I have Allah.

3 posters

Go down

As for my ego, I have none. I do not need an ego when I have Allah. Empty As for my ego, I have none. I do not need an ego when I have Allah.

Post by rombomb Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:44 am

Background:
So my mom is on this antiIslam site where muslims and exmuslims battle it out. and this guy malem has been very mean to her. so she asked me to defend her. So I looked at some posts by Malem and was looking for something to pick on. So I found this, "As for my ego, I have none. I do not need an ego when I have Allah." Sounds like horseshit right? I'm sending this to you all here because I'd like insight from your points of view. I wanted to know if you all think that I understand egotism correctly.

My post to Malem
Hi Malem,

You said, "As for my ego, I have none. I do not need an ego when I have Allah."

Lets start by defining egotism. The Webster Dictionary defines egotism as "an excessive regard for one's own talents or achievements; conceit, self-importance; acting with only one's own interests in mind." We'll use this later on. For now back to your statement.

The first sentence is clearly false. But before I prove it, I'll ask about the second statement.

I'll start by separating the second statement into two parts, (A and B). "I do not need an ego,"
(A.1) - Why would you (or anybody else) 'need' an ego? As I understand it, the phrase 'he has an ego' means that 'he' thinks 'he' is better than 'he' actually is. So why would you need to think you are better than you actually are?
(A.2) - And if you don't 'need' an ego, does that necessary equate to that you don't 'have' an ego? Just because I don't 'need' a temper doesn't mean that I don't 'have' a temper. And this time with variables; Just because I don't 'need' X doesn't mean that I don't 'have' X.

And the second part of that second statement is, "when I have Allah."
(B.1) - This suggests that sometimes you DON'T have Allah. But this is ambiguous. Why? Because your statement doesn't explain whether or not you 'need' an ego when you DON'T have Allah.
(B.2) - And what about non-muslims? Your statement suggests that when a person doesn't have Allah, he DOES need an ego. So I refer you to my earlier point A.1. We don't need ego's either. Nobody does.

And for the first statement; "As for my ego, I have none." What you really mean is that you are not egotistical. The Webster Dictionary defines egotism as "an excessive regard for one's own talents or achievements; conceit, self-importance; acting with only one's own interests in mind." So you are referring your talents and achievements. And you are saying that you don't believe that you are overestimating them.

Its important now to implement symbolic logic rather than just philosophical logic. We start by defining some terms:
X = Your actual talents and achievements.
Y = How you regard your talents and achievements.
If you are not egotistical, then X >= Y.

All I must do now is measure X and Y and then compare the measurements:
X - My mother has read your quotes and has found the following. You are very proud to be a physician. You think that you are more logical than others. You think that your use of the English language is superior to others. You think that you are smarter than others.
Y - Your entire post is riddled with grammar, vocabulary, and logic mistakes and an incorrect assumption. The grammar and vocabulary mistakes are well-documented on this site so I will not repeat. As for your logic mistakes, I've revealed many of them above. Finally, you assumed that my mom referred to your small penis. But she did not use the word penis. She was referring to your small 'character.' She left it ambiguous. You made an incorrect assumption because others on the site assumed it also; although maybe no one else assumed it and rather they only made it look like that so that they could make fun of you. Either way, you copied their thinking. You are not thinking for yourself and instead you are simply copying others.

Now lets compare X and Y. Which is greater?

Remember that if X >= Y, then you are not egotistical, else you are egotistical.

Clearly, Y is much greater than X. Therefore, you ARE egotistical.
rombomb

http://ramirustom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

As for my ego, I have none. I do not need an ego when I have Allah. Empty Re: As for my ego, I have none. I do not need an ego when I have Allah.

Post by melodiccolor Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:54 pm

I love it Rombomb, it's great. It's a wonderful response to a closed minded bigot. The logic throughs him off balance but it is this paragraph that drives it home:

All I must do now is measure X and Y and then compare the measurements:
X - My mother has read your quotes and has found the following. You are very proud to be a physician. You think that you are more logical than others. You think that your use of the English language is superior to others. You think that you are smarter than others.
Y - Your entire post is riddled with grammar, vocabulary, and logic mistakes and an incorrect assumption. The grammar and vocabulary mistakes are well-documented on this site so I will not repeat. As for your logic mistakes, I've revealed many of them above. Finally, you assumed that my mom referred to your small penis. But she did not use the word penis. She was referring to your small 'character.' She left it ambiguous. You made an incorrect assumption because others on the site assumed it also; although maybe no one else assumed it and rather they only made it look like that so that they could make fun of you. Either way, you copied their thinking. You are not thinking for yourself and instead you are simply copying others.

He was not talking about having an ego but talking about how great it is to be with Allah...and implying that anyone who was not is in error. The typical stance of a true believer.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

As for my ego, I have none. I do not need an ego when I have Allah. Empty Re: As for my ego, I have none. I do not need an ego when I have Allah.

Post by tezorian Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:56 pm

All i can say is... "Awesome! Pwned! .... WINNING!!!"

Impressive, truly is.

edit: I completely missed the point of your post.
There's a difference between ego and egoism. Ego is (part of) our personality. Egoism is how we act. I won't confuse you any further with this, because i don't really know how to explain it any better.
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rombomb Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:21 am

tezorian wrote:All i can say is... "Awesome! Pwned! .... WINNING!!!"

Impressive, truly is.

edit: I completely missed the point of your post.
There's a difference between ego and egoism. Ego is (part of) our personality. Egoism is how we act. I won't confuse you any further with this, because i don't really know how to explain it any better.

I think I know what you mean. But I rephrased Malem's original statement because I know he meant that he isn't egotistical. Do you think I misread him?
rombomb

http://ramirustom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:18 pm

I don't. Still laughing at your reply to him, well done!
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum