The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am an SS/HPS and I am going to help the world through self-education.

+2
tezorian
rombomb
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I am an SS/HPS and I am going to help the world through self-education. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am an SS/HPS and I am going to help the world through self-education.

Post by mtngrl123 Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:27 pm

melodiccolor wrote:
SS means sensation seeking. It means that we are courageous rather than timid. I see it in my 3 year old daughter too. She attempts things with little worry of the negative consequences. It does not mean that we don't calculate before acting, only that we will try rather than not try.

My oldest daughter of almost 5 years, is not like this. She doesn't try what she considers to be something that might have a negative outcome. Of course we are paying attention to this to help her break out of her shell. I remember that when I read the SS description, it included the term extrovert a lot. But the MBTI test put me at 55% Introvert on the Introvert/Extrovert scale.

Not sure if they are related but it seems like it..

Many HSP are naurally cautious, considering all information before acting. It is their natural state and wiring. Trying to change that will cause damage. Allow her to be herself, even if she is LSS by nature, just honor her way; it works too.

Absolutely Mel. We are all special and need to be respected in our own natural way. Trying to change or break some one out of who they are can be very troubling for them. Respect, love and acceptance is what we all seek as humans.
mtngrl123

Back to top Go down

I am an SS/HPS and I am going to help the world through self-education. - Page 2 Empty Re: I am an SS/HPS and I am going to help the world through self-education.

Post by rombomb Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:13 am

I wasn't thinking of this. Now I'm aware. Thanks for the insight. Smile
rombomb

http://ramirustom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:45 pm

melodiccolor wrote:But those that are are just fine being that way.

It even goes deeper than that.

If they are being true to their core being than they are aligned with their IUOC (Individuated Unit Of Consciousness, AKA~ higher self.

It's the IUOC which is the real determinant of how that/this area of Consciousness Space develops.

In one of Robert Monroe's books he writes about 'meeting' his IUOC. I can't paraphrase effectively it to give the experience enough gravity, but meeting his other 'selves' as they were, male and female, through the ages was quite amazing, to say the least.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum