The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of songs and dances and growing....

4 posters

Go down

Of songs and dances and growing.... Empty Of songs and dances and growing....

Post by melodiccolor Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Alethia posted this in another thread, but I thought it contained enough insight for all of us that it deserved its own thread. beatingheart

The important thing to remember is that
at the heart of all essence is an innocent being,
who carries the seed of great lovingness and creativity.
What keeps us from being and expressing lovingness and creativity
is layers and layers of unhealed pain.

Patterns are both
a way of behaving in the world,
and a way of seeing the world.

The Ebb and Flow of Healing Patterns
Breaking through patterns takes time. It's a constant ebb and flow through these three things: noticing, crying the pain, and consciously crossing the pattern. It hasn't been my experience that I break through a pattern in one sitting or one awareness. It takes time of peeling the onion, of crying the pain until I reach a place of spontaneous re-evaluation and understanding. Understanding and evolution of the emotions is an automatic and integral part of the process. It happens naturally as you cry your old pain, and it cannot be forced. It's important to be gentle and forgiving with ourselves in this process, to understand and allow the ebb and flow of crying the pain and becoming aware, crying more pain, becoming more aware, etc.

I have found that my own ebb and flow goes something like this:

Seeing The Pattern After the Fact - At first I'm blind and unaware. I can only see what's been going on after it's all over with. For instance, I find myself in an interaction, massively triggered and wildly reacting to something somebody says or does. I realize at the time that my feelings are all over the map, erupting like little mini-volcanoes, but there's nothing I can do to stop myself from interacting there, nor can I make much sense of my own response. I can't tell how much of what I'm responding to is real, and how much is my own past. I'm IN the pattern, and no longer in control of my own actions. I do a lot of crying, but it's only after the storm has subsided that I can look back and gain some understanding of it. I continue to cry the pain that the situation has triggered, as much as I can.

During the Storm - This time I understand more of what's happening while I'm in the middle of it. I have cried a goodly amount of the pain the last time, and I NOTICE the similarity this time, I feel the same things, and I find myself responding in the same old ways. But this time my awareness comes sooner. I am still not able to stop myself from acting out of the pattern. I may find myself lashing out angrily with hurtful words, or collapsing into a puddle, or any number of pattern behaviors. As long as I continue to cry all the pain that is surfacing during this conflict, I know I will make progress.

Seeing it Coming - By this time I'm pretty well aware of what happens, how the other person acts, how I act, how I'm going to get triggered and so on. I still can't stop myself from going down that path, but I can see it coming. Again, crying the pain that gets triggered by the conflict is the important thing, and then pretty soon I am able to break through the ice and feel shifts happening.

Breaking the Pattern - This is the most frustrating phase. It's very much like the breakup of an ice floe. I'm not yet in clear water, there are huge chunks of ice all around me that I keep running into. Periodically I am free of the pattern, and I get glimpses of what it will be like, but I can't yet say I'm 100% free. I fall back into old ways fairly easily, but I spend periods of time feeling free. The temptation here is to try to stay in the "good" feelings, to try to stay free of the pattern by avoiding going back into the old "bad" feelings. But true freedom can only be gained by completely healing all the old feelings.

True Freedom - This is the really wonderful stage, the place where you feel yourself FREE of the pattern. At this point, I can see the other person acting in the same old ways toward me, but I no longer feel the same FEELING response in me. I no longer knee jerk into my pattern. They just don't make me mad anymore, or afraid, or whatever the feeling was. I have the freedom, at this point, to choose a new response!!! The freedom of this is wonderful. I may say something funny, to make light of the situation and see if they are able to be jostled out of their side of the pattern. I may leave the situation, I may refuse to interact with that person anymore. The point is, at that point I am no longer responding in old programmed ways, and I have CHOICES! I can choose, I can come up with new, creative ways to deal with situations that I had never thought of before, because I was limited by my own filters.
It takes as long as it takes.

THE DANCE

The Dance of Spirit and Soul

Our Creative Heart is meant to manifest the result of the dance between our mind and our emotions. This dance was meant to be a balanced back-and-forth dance of love and respect, each side giving of its talents and essence, and feeding equally into the little-God machinery that we ARE... creating forms and realities of our own making.

Since this dance has never been performed properly or with balance, it's impossible to predict what we are capable of. Until we fully heal our emotional body and bring our Spirit and Will into balance, we can only get a glimpse of the possibilities.

Think of it...

The Soul feels a nameless, formless desire, a wanting without a name. It aches within her, a hunger. The Spirit feels her desire, responds to her, listens to her. She reveals all her feelings to him, expressing and showing him images of her innermost self.

Spirit responds with love, embracing and surging with her, filling all her nooks and crannies with light and helping her to help him to understand. He gives words to her formless aching. The nameless thing now has a name, a word. It exists in linear space and time, within a container of light.

With a name given to her Desire, if it pleases her, the Soul surges forth and fills the form with more emotion, more desire. Her golden light and his white light combine, form and structure filled with strong emotion and brilliant colorful imagery are fed into the creative manifestation machinery.... and something new comes into being.

Without the structure and light, creations are produced that are chaotic, hard to understand, hard to see, slow moving and dark. Without the emotion and desire, creations are produced that are rigid, colorless, without life or fire, creations that form and then fall apart, without the magnetic energy needed to hold them together.

Both Spirit and Soul are needed in this glorious dance. It is the creative dance of the Great Joining, and it is an altogether divine thing
It takes as long as it takes.

http://www.cyquest.com/pathway/create_reality.html#dance1.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Of songs and dances and growing.... Empty Re: Of songs and dances and growing....

Post by frmthhrt Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:18 pm

I like the green stuff...very much.
But I just don't buy the pink words...some of it...maybe, but I just don't buy most of this...fancy words for simple ideas is making somebody somewhere a ton of money, and it kind of annoys me. Soul yes, spirit pretty sure, he/she/dancing...nah.
"Since this dance has never been performed properly or with balance..."
I don't buy that either...
Not to be contrary...I just think people overly complicate things, and baffle with bullshit to maintain a following..."I hold these truths to be self evident..."
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Of songs and dances and growing.... Empty Re: Of songs and dances and growing....

Post by Alethia Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Did I mention it was for sale? Ok maybe that was your perception..hehehe

Glad to see you disagreeing, it feels kinda good.....for some reason...

Sometimes overcomplication and baffled with bullshit can look quite simple to others....and I wonder when it was written whether the intention was tons of money or sharing a space that they have danced......and in knowing how special that dance is they simply want others to dance with them...

I am curious about the "I hold these truths to be self evident" part.....can you elaborate on that space....you were speaking about or is that more to do with your own personal life? I just wondered where it tied in with this peice?

oh I just came back to say.......you dont have to answer my questions they were simply floating around and thought I would put them out there.
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:06 pm

To me, it felt like it was just a sense of the author's that she waxed a bit poetic about.

Soul and Spirit to me are one, and assigning them genders felt odd. Both are the central self. It was mostly the first part that I found so useful, but I just quoted the whole post. It is unusual that she find spirit and soul divided...I wonder if she has a different meaning for them?
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:30 pm

I wonder if she felt her spirit and soul seperate at one time......perhaps this is why it became such a poetic and elaborate space for her..........a dance like a dance she has never danced before........The discovery of something new when creation and emotions, soul and the dance merge sounds like space that I too........would express in this way......well maybe not quite as well........hehe

oops I meant she/he up there!!
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Passing Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:27 pm

apparently the writer of the purple text above subscribes to the idea that the soul (female) is formless and outside of life as we know it. spirit (male), however, is part of life, and gives names (form) to things through understanding. linear space and time are equated to light, which links light and understanding as things which create form in our world.

this is not how i experience things, and doesn't merge well with what i know. spirit and mind are nearly synonyms in this view. at the very least, mind is a subset of spirit. why male and female attributes are attached to each term is a mystery, but it's probably due to some spiritual belief system that the writer subscribes to.

it goes on to equate other things. structure and light are agents of order, emotion and desire are agents of chaos, and both are required to create worthwhile things. the former is manifested by spirit, the latter by soul. while i don't subscribe to this paradigm, i can see some wisdom in what is being said. but what is illuminated?

a creation without desire has no place to go. ok - fine. a desire without outlet can't be pursued. again - fine. so what? a ball without mass can't bounce. is that a profound statement? does it give anyone something useful? does it provide insight for anyone? perhaps. anything's possible. but overall, i'd say it's just empty words. pretty words, but empty. the only wisdom in them is the idea of balance - that balance is required - that extremes don't work. ultimately, that's the dance they're talking about. balance.

if that was the point of the essay, great, but i'm not a big fan of how they went about saying it. using very hot concepts like soul, spirit, light, male and female to make that point is highly questionable. why did they use them? to impress the reader? to make a simple spiritual concept (balance) seem more amazing? to what end? what's the writer's true agenda here?

(oh yeah - the green text above the purple is lovely. wonderful. and as far as i know, quite true.)
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:27 pm

Yes, it was the green text part that I was so impressed with....

Both were written by the same author.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:57 am

good to see that the pink/purple writing has opened up some interesting discussion ideas, disagreements.....funny sometimes when I post things like that pink/purple piece......I am not sure why but something in that peice felt right to post........I was "real" sure about the green text....and the pink kind of did a little dance in me......nice dance so I thought lets add it.......anyways it always interesting to see where things that others dont fully agree with lead.........too.. Smile
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Alethia wrote:....and I wonder when it was written whether the intention was tons of money or sharing a space that they have danced......and in knowing how special that dance is they simply want others to dance with them...

I am curious about the "I hold these truths to be self evident" part.....can you elaborate on that space....you were speaking about or is that more to do with your own personal life? I just wondered where it tied in with this piece?

Sorry to be so cynical...I see these writers re-hashing stuff, and putting their own little twist on old ideas...and before you know it, they have become a guru to desperate, hurting people; spoon-feeding them with their "own" brand of BS, while maintaining what effectively becomes a cult...all the while making a comfortable living from the seminars, lectures, books and DVDs. If they really cared, they would be doing all this for free...not charging enough for tickets to become wealthy from the people they are supposed to be helping. Control or money: two sure signs of a cult...but I digress... Very Happy This tirade probably has nothing to do with the quote...as far as I know- I was just making a general comment based on the kind of flowery language in the quote...the kind that tends to make people's heads spin, and sucks 'em right in.
The "I hold these truths..." line was in reference to basic ideas about soul and spirit, which most of us subscribe to in some way shape or form, so it's pretty simple stuff isn't it? I definitely believe in soul and spirit, but male and female have no place in this personal dance...at least the way I see it? So yes it was "I".
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Passing Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:03 pm

guess i was kind of hard on you too alethia. sorry about that. but you did answer my question - what was it for. it was pretty just to be pretty - like a painting. my complaints come from it being interpreted as more than that, but in the context of "fun pretty meanderings" it's fine. i don't think it paints a very clear picture of how reality is created, but it is pretty.
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:30 pm

When you have walked the path where you felt spirit was outside of you......and your soul hungers for something you didnt know exactly what you were seeking..........and you find it.........and your world expands and lights up in ways that only you know inside yourself.............no words can ever resonate with another human being unless of course they too can feel it..............her words I could feel.............the mind, emotions, the dance, the merging, the creative power in the truth of ones own dance.........If it goes against anothers space............then it does...............if it feels so right for just one...............then it does..................was it pretty.............no I felt something deep down in my core.............that danced along with her...........and if only one other soul can dance with you...............then that makes the dance all the more special.............you dont feel quite so alone.

there is no need to apologise for anything really...........we see things how we see them, we feel them how we feel them............and it all makes for an intersting life................and you werent hard on me.........really you were simply seeing it how you see it..............and for the first time in a long time to still be able to feel what I feel and have someone else see it their way...........that feels quite special

I came back to ask myself...............How did it feel? It felt like truth, it felt like something beautiful, I felt connected.........It felt wondorous, it felt powerful, it feels like their are no words fully to say exactly how it makes me feel but these are some....
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:03 am

I just started to write...and came up with this. I don't really know where body/soul/spirit divide and overlap...everything I believe is skewed from a church upbringing, although I have read about Buddhist and other eastern religion ideas. Like I said about "truths being self-evident", we all seem to have some basic ideas about what is what: most of us accept body/soul/spirit...

the dance of life
body, soul and spirit
all have a part,
but which will lead
will it be a slow dance
with a quiet lovers embrace
the beautiful solo ballet
or frantic flamenco flourishes
who will be the dancer
which will feel the heart
who feels the whirlwind of senses
at the touch
of that other special someone
sharing the dance floor
and what of those that do not dance
will they ever know the pleasure
of sharing, releasing, being
joyously, unhindered and free
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:06 am

beatingheart
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:59 am

Seems your words are dancing out of you....... Smile and isnt it lovely to feel those moves even though ones feet remain still........seems the dance doesnt always require movement of the physical body......well fingers maybe...
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:57 am

Amen sister!!!!
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down