The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making artist's free within a legal framework

3 posters

Go down

Making artist's free within a legal framework Empty Making artist's free within a legal framework

Post by RBM Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:28 pm

I am aware there are a significant number of artist's among the membership here. I have mentioned Creative Commons and received comments of 'no knowledge' by at least one member. In my experience on this board it seems there is at least a bit of misunderstanding of this topic by some.

I have mentioned Lawrance Lessig before and consider him a good source of info on the topic and the article I will point to will indicate why. The backstory is also explained.

ASCAP's attack on Creative Commons

I am not an artist, but as one who enjoys artist creations, I hope this is helpful. As a result my perspective is limited - but the WWW is huge ! So dig in, artist's :-)
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Making artist's free within a legal framework Empty Re: Making artist's free within a legal framework

Post by Reamsie Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Ownership/copyright of an artistic work should always belong to the artist to do with as they see fit. Period. Just another case of corporate greed.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Making artist's free within a legal framework Empty Re: Making artist's free within a legal framework

Post by waterdragon7 Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:33 am

I also am not an artist, RBM, but in addition to Professor Lessig, you might fing Cory Doctorow quite interesting as well, if you are not familiar with his work already. His website:

http://www.craphound.com

At the moment, there is a youtube video of him giving a lecture re: "How Copyright Threatens Democracy" at the very bottom of the first webpage. Doctorow is interesting in that in addition to selling his science fiction writing, he also makes most, if not all of said writing, available for free download via the internet.
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:17 pm

Thanks for the thought WD7, but I actually started reading Cory before I started reading Larry.

Various things have changed my reading habits, but I would honestly say I don't think I've every read anything bad by Cory.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum