The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies: How likely would this pickup technique be to work on you?

+5
Rivershine
Safari
Little Sister
melodiccolor
Nucky
9 posters

Go down

Ladies: How likely would this pickup technique be to work on you? Empty Ladies: How likely would this pickup technique be to work on you?

Post by Nucky Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:07 pm

I found this on another forum, and I'm just curious as to what people think about this here.

Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ladies: How likely would this pickup technique be to work on you? Empty Re: Ladies: How likely would this pickup technique be to work on you?

Post by melodiccolor Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:36 pm

If it is just a line, a ploy, it would be picked up. If there is some genuiness in there; I would have responded to it when young and single.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ladies: How likely would this pickup technique be to work on you? Empty Re: Ladies: How likely would this pickup technique be to work on you?

Post by Little Sister Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:33 pm

I don't see the line, anymore - looks like it might have been deleted?, but I agree, at least for me, it's not so much the wording as the sincerity behind what is said. Even a little nervousness is fine, as long as a person is groomed and seems kind.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Hester Prynn wrote:I don't see the line, anymore - looks like it might have been deleted?

It's the Youtube video.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:01 pm

Sorry, this is weird. I just don't see anything.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:33 pm

Hester, I sometimes have the same problem on this forum -- I KNOW there is supposed to be something there (videos, presumably), but nothing shows up for me! However, I can see this one fine. I think sometimes they take a while to load, and other times they just don't appear at all.

Anyway... interesting video! It's a pretty novel way to pick someone up, I'll give him that. It would probably work on me, assuming I could get past the initial weirdness of it.
Safari
Safari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Hester, check to see if your browser has pics and videos disabled. Are you on dialup?
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:30 pm

That was cute. I would have gone along with it if the person felt right.
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:47 pm

I must say that, based on my experiences, I'm very surprised at the responses here. My impression was that this guy is really cruising for a macing, and intruding on her space big time. First he takes a picture, then leans into her space as he talks, then grabs the book she's holding from her, then leans into her space some more.

For some reason, many people are weirded out by me and act afraid of me for being much less invasive, even when I'm not hitting on someone. Which is the reason why I very seldom even try to do so.

Not looking for a pity party here, just giving a reaction based on my experiences.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:30 am

Nucky wrote:I must say that, based on my experiences, I'm very surprised at the responses here. My impression was that this guy is really cruising for a macing, and intruding on her space big time. First he takes a picture, then leans into her space as he talks, then grabs the book she's holding from her, then leans into her space some more.

To be fair, I think that there are very few people who could get away with it. You'd have to be a real 'character' I guess, or just happen to be particularly appealing to the person you were trying to 'pick up', based on what they were attracted to. In all honesty, I would probably be annoyed if a complete stranger interrupted me like that, UNLESS I felt intrigued by them. Because, sometimes we DO meet people randomly who intrigue us straight away. Well, I do. Cool
Safari
Safari

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:33 am

me id be a bit uncomfy and feal my bubble has been invaded.
at first he curiously asks. that is ok. maybe get a little close sitting. but i would draw the line when putting your face in mine like that. even if the rest is totality innocent the forcefulness of being in my face would put me off.
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:04 am

I was beginning to think that I had the concept of HSP introversion completely misunderstood here. I was very surprised that everyone seemed to have no problem having their personal space invaded like this.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:54 am

If I willingly let someone into my space, then it's not an invasion. It all depends on how I feel about the person. And people have different ways of communicating that work for them and not others. If this guy felt ok to me, I would have gone along with it. If he didn't feel alright, I would have told him to take a hike and then just leave or something. It all depends on whats happening right now in this present moment....not on a video.
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:13 pm

I think it really depends on the personalities and the appearance of the two people involved in the interaction. My personality would not have reacted well at all to someone taking a picture of me without my permision.

However I think you are being too clinical in your observations. Yes, his actions when recited in a strick, dry laundry list manner are without a doubt rude, perhaps even threatening. But when you watch his mannerims, his affect, listen to the low tone and emotional inflections in his voice, one does not get a threatenting vibe, so to speak, from him. He simply comes across as a nice, even perhaps sweet young man. I believe his appearance and the way he is dressed also add to that no threatening air.

In short, how we react to people is made up of so much more than just their physical actions.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by OutdoorWhale Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:59 pm

This is so not funny.

Take away all the invasion, psycho talk(love), and walking around with a camera(wtf?)...and you have how I act. It's frightening how well it's picked up on when it's authentic. You have to have certain things(like confidence) or it comes off very weird/pick up garbage. Hell, all my friends that were women hit on me in the end.
OutdoorWhale

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:22 pm

But when you watch his mannerims, his affect, listen to the low tone and emotional inflections in his voice, one does not get a threatenting vibe, so to speak, from him. He simply comes across as a nice, even perhaps sweet young man. I believe his appearance and the way he is dressed also add to that no threatening air.

this is why Ted Bundy could do what he did.

That cautionary statement been said, how else are we suppose to meet and get to know other human beings if one or the other doesn't step out of their comfort zone and say something?
It's unfortunate, but an incredibly handsome man might be able to turn my head like that (when I was single).
The fact that that is true says more about me: conceit, flattery, loneliness etc. than about the man.

BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down