The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreamtime and the end of life

2 posters

Go down

Dreamtime and the end of life Empty Dreamtime and the end of life

Post by melodiccolor Mon May 31, 2010 4:14 pm

I have a story to tell and a question for all of you to ponder.

My Grandfather lived to be 100. Near the end of his life, he spent less time aware of his surroundings and more time lost in a world of his own. Conventional science lables this dementia, but I wonder if it is more than that. About a month before his last birthday, while I was visiting along with other family members him in the nursing home, it seemed to me as though he were in a kind of waking dream; as though the dreams of sleep and wake time breaks down and things join. I could read him quite clearly and this is what it felt like. Postscript, he did have times of full wakefulness; at his 100th birthday he knew where he was and what the event was about. The only bit of confusion was he forgot which birthday it was, he thought he was turning 99. He died peacefully in his sleep a week later; an hour previously, he played the piano.

So, what do you think? Could that state at the end of life be an ongoing dream time in wakefulness?

In chat Edie pointed out they could easily find out; the medical technology to do mri's and brain scans would show this. My ability to read is clear however, it does indeed seem to be this.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dreamtime and the end of life Empty Re: Dreamtime and the end of life

Post by Little Sister Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Yes, I'm fairly sure you are right about this. Sometimes there is confusion and people often hallucinate, but that can be due to medications, as well. Even after people cease to breath, I still believe there is a certain level of consciousness, but it is fully like a dreamlike state, then. The strange thing about that, is I've remained with people over 30 minutes after dying, and still detect this, so it's not clear to me when a person has completely departed.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Hmmm....of course medications would alter consciousness as well, but my grandfather wasn't on any. He actually had robust health until near the very end.

It is fascinating that you do detect this a full half hour after the moment of death...it does call into question the process of transistion. Perhaps it isn't immediate.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum