The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Listen with you heart

5 posters

Go down

Listen with you heart Empty Listen with you heart

Post by Alethia Sun May 23, 2010 9:32 am

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Listen with you heart Empty Re: Listen with you heart

Post by Nucky Sun May 23, 2010 5:38 pm

Isn't it true though that some trees can be jerks, just like some people? You wouldn't trust just any old person, should the same caution be applied to trees? How do we know that a certain tree is trustworthy? Is there a very small minority that is so toxic that a date with a chainsaw would greatly benefit the "good" trees and all other living things?

I'm not trying to start trouble here and I think that most trees are probably ok, I just think that fair is fair.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun May 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Nucky wrote:Isn't it true though that some trees can be jerks, just like some people? You wouldn't trust just any old person, should the same caution be applied to trees? How do we know that a certain tree is trustworthy? Is there a very small minority that is so toxic that a date with a chainsaw would greatly benefit the "good" trees and all other living things?

I'm not trying to start trouble here and I think that most trees are probably ok, I just think that fair is fair.

Interesting question. Laughing and rolling
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun May 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Nucky wrote:Isn't it true though that some trees can be jerks, just like some people? You wouldn't trust just any old person, should the same caution be applied to trees? How do we know that a certain tree is trustworthy? Is there a very small minority that is so toxic that a date with a chainsaw would greatly benefit the "good" trees and all other living things?

So my question to you nucky......... in comparing old trees to old people and if we apply that same caution of course,I am left wondering what you feel we do with these untrustworthy old persons to benefit those "good" old persons and all other living things?
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sun May 23, 2010 7:03 pm

???

Are you serious? I obviously didn't mean to use the word "old" in that way.

Regarding people in general, we already do that for the very worst of the worst: we have the death penalty. Which I think is a good idea on paper; the only reason I'm against it is because of wrongful convictions.

I was speculating in a humorous way that there are flaws in all living things, and that a very small minority of all living things are flawed in a tragically toxic way, not just humans. Most of them are probably OK though.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Mon May 24, 2010 2:52 am

Sorry for ruining this thread. I think the questions that I had were fair, but maybe this wasn't the place for them.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Mon May 24, 2010 3:34 am

Ok my mistake "any old person" I took as old people.....but you meant it in a generalized manner. I apologize for posing a question like that to you....it feels like it has offended you.....maybe in the moment I wasnt thinking about your feelings when I placed it there. As for feeling like you have ruined a thread..not in my eyes. Sometimes misinterpretations, mixed imaginations, altercations bring forth some deeper awareness, learning...well that is how I view it. Dont ever be afraid of saying what you want to say nucky....although we do have to realize that the responses we get back might not always align with what we anticipated or didnt anticipate..
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Mon May 24, 2010 4:13 am

Alethia wrote: I apologize for posing a question like that to you....it feels like it has offended you.....maybe in the moment I wasnt thinking about your feelings when I placed it there.

I felt the same way about my question when I saw yours.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Mon May 24, 2010 4:58 am

Well my imagination went over board imagining old people, old trees and chainsaws all thrown in the mix... Shocked

If we go back to your original question....without allowing my imagination to go overboard...I havent really met a tree that I would classify as a jerk....and I suppose like any living thing on this planet, if it were a jerk, it probably just means it hasnt been loved the way the other "good" trees have..
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedream Mon May 24, 2010 7:50 am

Alethia wrote:Well my imagination went over board imagining old people, old trees and chainsaws all thrown in the mix... Shocked

If we go back to your original question....without allowing my imagination to go overboard...I havent really met a tree that I would classify as a jerk....and I suppose like any living thing on this planet, if it were a jerk, it probably just means it hasnt been loved the way the other "good" trees have..

Hmmm....'old chainsaws that don't work...purraps?' [lol!]
Ya know...I'd like to love my old silver maples like I love the old oaks...but after cleaning up endless 'helicoptor seedlings' for weeks...I ain't ready yet! I need a time out firstly! [smile!]
b.d.
Bluedream
Bluedream

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Mon May 24, 2010 8:22 am

Bluedream wrote:
Alethia wrote:Well my imagination went over board imagining old people, old trees and chainsaws all thrown in the mix... Shocked

Hmmm....'old chainsaws that don't work...purraps?' [lol!]
Ya know...I'd like to love my old silver maples like I love the old oaks...but after cleaning up endless 'helicoptor seedlings' for weeks...I ain't ready yet! I need a time out firstly! [smile!]
b.d.

Laughing....yes the old "love/hate" relationship of this kind is pretty common I imagine among some of our precious backyard trees.... Smile
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Mon May 24, 2010 3:59 pm

The old trees have chainsaws and they're going to kill old people!
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Mon May 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Laughing and rolling revenge of the trees!! roflol
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Mon May 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Nucky wrote:

The old trees have chainsaws and they're going to kill old people!

Laughing Oh no I implanted a seed....twasnt me, it wasnt me....... freakout
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down