The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long-lost friends

+2
BlueTopaz
Nucky
6 posters

Go down

Long-lost friends Empty Long-lost friends

Post by Nucky Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Have you ever found one? Share your experiences.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Long-lost friends Empty Re: Long-lost friends

Post by BlueTopaz Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:12 am

Yes, just recently on facebook.
I'm late for work right now but later I will write about it. It is a really cool experience.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:01 am

Anyone else? Just wondering.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:25 am

I did recently run into a guy I was close to over twenty years ago. He called my name as we passed each other. I said Omg I would not have known you! He said you dont look any different...Smile that was nice...Anyhow we had a nice chat and who knows we may meet again!!
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:00 am

Funny you should say this Nucky, because these past few months I've been thinking of my primary School crush. I remember it, like it happened today, yet it was 40 years ago.

Here's the story. I was around 5 and this cute guy named Tony and I met at the same time, and we became best friends. Then one day when we were older in 4th class, my parents transferred me to another school without telling me. Tony and I were devastated that our friendship had to end and we both cried and hugged each other. We would have been around 8 years old, or close to that age.

And before I left he whispered to me, 'I want to marry you'...Now this is an 8 year old kid telling me this. Anyways to cut a long story short. Tony and I never saw each other again. So it's almost 40 years since we last did.

I wouldn't know what he'd look like now, even if he walked past me in the street. But I'd love to catch up with him and chat for old times sake. He was such a cutie pie back then. And lately I have been thinking of him.

And the funny thing is, today I'm serving a lady who was buying something. And out popped up her cute little son, who looked exactly like Tony did back then. Same hair style, color, eyes etc. I even told the lady that her son reminded me of my very first school kinder garden crush. It was so cool to see someone resemble someone from my past, just like Tony..

So to answer your question, I haven't bumped into anyone, but would love to one day do that with Tony..
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStargazer Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:59 pm

reconnected with a guy I dated in high school after having no idea where he was for about 6 years. His mother even turned out to live down the street from the house I lived in before I moved into my parents' old house. It was cool to see how much he had matured and how he was doing in life.
TheStargazer
TheStargazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbine Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:51 am

Yes, I've got in touch with three old friends, and they're all interconnected. I had a long-lost unfulfilled love who I had not forgiven. When I decided to forgive him (I was angry for matters I won't say here!) after ten years it turned out he was interested again. He's my friend now, but I won't date him because, after he rejected me, I had to conquer my love for him. I'm keeping it at the level of supportive friendship! Anyway around the same time I reconnected with an old friend from high school who I had not seen for over twenty years. It turned out she knew him. She had met him in the intervening years, and belonged to the same theatre group as we had. I went to a party at my "long-lost love's" place and bumped into another old friend who I had not seen for over twenty years. She had met him in the intervening years too! I'm still trying to work out what it all means, but I feel blessed to get all three of them back.
Columbine
Columbine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum