The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All change for 2010

5 posters

Go down

All change for 2010 Empty All change for 2010

Post by butterfly Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:22 am

I just thought I'd let everyone know why I haven't been around for a while. I left the USA 3 weeks ago. I had lived in Dallas for 3 years. I hated the place and my job. I felt trapped and isolated. I was surrounded by people who were the antithesis of who I am.

However, I made some wonderful connections through the HSP network and I decided that I wanted to put more energy into Tribe. I really believe in what we're trying to do and it needs more focus. I couldn't stay in the USA because my visa was sponsored by my awful boss so had to come back to the UK. The whole situation became so intolerable that I decided enough was enough. So I've made a leap of faith because I aspire to live an authentic life in every way. It's been scary and I still have a transition period as I finalize a divorce settlement with my ex husband. Then I hope to move to my cottage on the coast of Cornwall.

I took my two beloved kittens with me because I couldn't bear to leave them behind. I had to make a choice to ship them or my furniture - it cost the same. They won, the furniture went to charity. Unfortunately, they are in quarantine for a few months. I try to visit them as often as possible. I do miss them very much.

Grasshopper has been brilliant helping me with the Tribe registrations. albino
butterfly
butterfly

http://www.tribe.paramimedia.com

Back to top Go down

All change for 2010 Empty Re: All change for 2010

Post by melodiccolor Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:24 pm

How wonderful; you are following your dreams! It takes courage to leave financial security behind in an awful job to follow it but usually it is well worth it.

Grasshopper had told me of your move back to the UK.

I hope it all works out brilliantly. All change for 2010 298310
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:40 pm

I wish you all the luck in the world Butterfly. I so admire those that have the courage and internal fortitude to follow their dreams.
You go girl.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by adain Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Butterfly,
All the best....moving countries ain't easy, but three years, you can be satisfied you gave it a good go. Understand the looking for authenticty bit. Once you get back home, you can look back, and plan for teh future. Being home also has a way of putting things in prespective.
adain
adain

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:29 am

Thanks for your kind words and support. It is without doubt the scariest thing I've done leaving a full time job and undertaking another transatlantic move. But after 3 years working for a couple of crap and immoral publishers. I figured if they can do it and make money so can I. I have 25 years experience and needed to believe in myself. I hope that this time next year I will be able to report that my gamble is working.
butterfly
butterfly

http://www.tribe.paramimedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:31 am

We're hoping it works for you too.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:32 am

Indeed, I do hope that it all works very well for you, Butterfly. I've always have had a lot of respect for the UK. Laughing

I've always somehow felt that I've related better to Europe than to my native America in many ways.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum