The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theft of artist's works/Copyright issues

4 posters

Go down

Theft of artist's works/Copyright issues Empty Theft of artist's works/Copyright issues

Post by Reamsie Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:40 am

Since several of us at the forum are professional artists/photographers the issue of copyrights, theft and infringement have come up before. Here at dimension we have even restricted access to the original works forum in order to protect those members who post there.

So in getting to the point, a fellow photographer, who has once again discovered her images have been stolen, has posted a blog entry on her flicker page.

Cease and Desist!

A very interesting article about the artist Shepard Fairy who has made tons of money ripping off the works of other artists, giving no credit whatsoever and claiming the works are original. This person is so arrogant that little effort is made to disguise it. Shepard Fairy

My partner and I have moved our website to a more secure location. It is still a work in progress, but if you want to peek--Ambrosia Photography
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Theft of artist's works/Copyright issues Empty Re: Theft of artist's works/Copyright issues

Post by BlueTopaz Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Very interesting. Thanks Reamsie.
I love the website
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Theft of artist's works/Copyright issues Empty Re: Theft of artist's works/Copyright issues

Post by lula may Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Cool website! Very Happy
lula may
lula may

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Great website! Very professional. I really love that the slide show you show is of people who are not model beautiful too, but still shine in those photos.

The internet makes plagarism so easy, it is saddening. There are always those ready to take advantage.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum