The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enneagram

+8
Little Sister
BlueEyes
melodiccolor
Nucky
Luna
BlueTopaz
Oneiros
Grasshopper
12 posters

Go down

Enneagram Empty Enneagram

Post by Grasshopper Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:15 pm

I'm surprised there is not a discussion on the Enneagram on this board (that I can find). There is lots on MBTI, so now is time for one on the Enneagram. Some people like to compare personality types using these two different tools.

I came across this site today that has a pretty good short test to help determine your type, along with good short descriptions of the nine types. We can add more sites here with tests and info as we discover them!

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/

Have fun! Enneagram 942872
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

https://sfba.social/@Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Enneagram Empty Re: Enneagram

Post by Oneiros Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:10 am

That's interesting, I've heard about the enneagram in connection with Gurdjieff, but never as a personality test!
Oneiros
Oneiros

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:32 am

Yes, Gurjieff used it as a tool in his teachings and helped bring the Enneagram to the attention of the modern world. Originally it had been an ancient oral tradition, but many books have now been written about it in recent years.

Here's a good history & info article from Wikipedia:

http://www.answers.com/topic/enneagram-of-personality
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:52 am

I have done this before but I don't remember my type. I do remember that (predictably) it was similar to other HSPs. I find this sort of thing fascinating and I will do this test and post again. Thanks grasshopper.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Hmm that's interesting originally when I took this test I was a nine the Peacemaker, but this time I got 6, the Loyalist (with 4 the Thinker a close second). I am not sure what has changed! It says the 6 has difficulty trusting others which I do think is true. Very interesting! Also interested you have mentioned Gurdjieff as I take a course that involves Gurdjieff movements and studying the Enneagram. I have to admit it is all still quite new to me but I find it fascinating.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:17 pm

I took the first test and got a 5w4 and that is pretty much spot on from the little I read. I'm going to go back and take the second test.

The second one made me a type 1 which is really off.

I'll go with Investigator wing Individualist.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:25 pm

You are most likely a type 4.

Your wings seem to be balanced.

No personality test is completely accurate. Although several measures were taken to make this test as accurate as possible, there's always a chance that you are not typed correctly by it. Therefore, when deciding which Enneagram type and wing you are, you might also want to consider the types with the highest test scores on the lists below.

(Note that your lowest scores may be omitted.)

Type 4 - 7.7
Type 9 - 6.3
Type 6 - 6.3
Type 8 - 5.3
Type 7 - 5
Type 2 - 4.7
Type 1 - 4.3
Type 5 - 3.3
Type 3 - 3

Wing 4w5 - 9.4
Wing 4w3 - 9.2
Wing 9w8 - 9
Wing 6w7 - 8.8
Wing 8w9 - 8.5
Wing 9w1 - 8.5
Wing 7w6 - 8.2
Wing 6w5 - 8
Wing 8w7 - 7.8
Wing 7w8 - 7.7
Wing 1w9 - 7.5
Wing 5w4 - 7.2
Wing 2w1 - 6.9
Wing 3w4 - 6.9
Wing 1w2 - 6.7
Wing 5w6 - 6.5
Wing 2w3 - 6.2
Wing 3w2 - 5.4
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:28 pm

The description of 4 fits me to a T.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:24 pm

My results:

Type 8 - 6
Type 2 - 6
Type 7 - 6
Type 4 - 5.3
Type 3 - 4.7
Type 1 - 4.3

Wing 7w8 - 9
Wing 8w7 - 9
Wing 2w3 - 8.4
Wing 2w1 - 8.2
Wing 4w3 - 7.7
Wing 3w2 - 7.7
Wing 3w4 - 7.4
Wing 1w2 - 7.3
Wing 7w6 - 7.2
Wing 8w9 - 7
Wing 4w5 - 6.5
Wing 1w9 - 5.3

None of these seem to fit me too well; all the high ones seem to fit somewhat, but not exact. I seem to be between types.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:36 am

My scores:

Type 5 - 12
Type 9 - 9.3
Type 4 - 7.3
Type 2 - 5.7
Type 6 - 5.3

Wing 5w4 - 15.7
Wing 5w6 - 14.7
Wing 4w5 - 13.3
Wing 6w5 - 11.3
Wing 9w1 - 10
Wing 9w8 - 9.7
Wing 4w3 - 8.2
Wing 2w3 - 6.6
Wing 2w1 - 6.4
Wing 6w7 - 6.3
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:48 am

BlueTopaz wrote:I took the first test and got a 5w4 and that is pretty much spot on from the little I read. I'm going to go back and take the second test.

The second one made me a type 1 which is really off.

I'll go with Investigator wing Individualist.

So, I scored 5w4. From past years I thought I was a 5w6 but the scores are close. The description for 5 seems really accurate for me.

I also did the second (shorter) test and it said I was a 9w1 by substantial margin! I can relate to that too but I think the longer test is more accurate.

It would be good to come up with some other online tests to take for comparison. I will look for more. cheers
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:23 am

Luna wrote:Hmm that's interesting originally when I took this test I was a nine the Peacemaker, but this time I got 6, the Loyalist (with 4 the Thinker a close second). I am not sure what has changed! It says the 6 has difficulty trusting others which I do think is true. Very interesting! Also interested you have mentioned Gurdjieff as I take a course that involves Gurdjieff movements and studying the Enneagram. I have to admit it is all still quite new to me but I find it fascinating.

You might try taking the long test again (and some others when we come up with them) for comparison. It is hard to be completely honest in these tests because we have a tendency to see ourselves in more idealistic (or critical, as case may be) ways.

I'm heartened to see others here are familiar with Gurjieff. I read Ouspensky's 'In Search of the Miraculous' in my early twenties, as well as Gurjieff's 'Meetings with Remarkable Men' (which was even made into a movie in the '80s, tho not much distributed). There was a Gurjieff study group in San Francisco back then (a friend tried to get me to join but I didn't, as they seemed too fanatical and asked for a big monthly fee). The leader later absconded with all the funds leaving big debts behind for the theatre space they rented. An early lesson for me to be skeptical of people who set themselves up as spiritual teachers. Caveat emptor! Suspect
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueEyes Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:20 pm

Hmmmmm.... from the first test it seems like it didn't know what to think of me? Neutral

You are most likely a type 2 or 6.
Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 2w1 or 5w6 or 6w5.
It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.

Type 2 - 9.3
Type 6 - 9.3
Type 5 - 9
Type 1 - 8.7
Type 4 - 8.7
Type 9 - 7.7
Type 7 - 2.7

Wing 6w5 - 13.8
Wing 2w1 - 13.7
Wing 5w6 - 13.7
Wing 5w4 - 13.4
Wing 1w2 - 13.4
Wing 4w5 - 13.2
Wing 1w9 - 12.6
Wing 9w1 - 12.1
Wing 2w3 - 11
Wing 6w7 - 10.7
Wing 4w3 - 10.4
Wing 9w8 - 8.4
Wing 7w6 - 7.4
Wing 7w8 - 3.4

Second test says
You are most likely a type 6 (the Loyalist) with 5 wing
Self-preservation variant

Hmmmm....
BlueEyes
BlueEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:09 am

Hmm. While these tests are interesting, the question is what do you do with this information?

Usually I test as a 4 or a 4w5, but on this one I'm most likely a 9.
Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w4 or 5w6.

Type 9 - 7.7
Type 5 - 7.3
Type 4 - 6.7
Type 6 - 6.3
Type 2 - 5.3

Wing 5w4 - 10.7
Wing 5w6 - 10.5
Wing 4w5 - 10.4
Wing 6w5 - 10

Wing 9w1 - 8.2
Wing 9w8 - 8.2
Wing 4w3 - 7.1
Wing 6w7 - 6.8
Wing 2w1 - 5.8
Wing 2w3 - 5.7
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:28 am

type 2
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:59 pm

Here is another Enneagram test to take for comparison:

http://www.personalityonline.com/tests/engine.html?testid=2
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:14 pm

Grasshopper wrote:Here is another Enneagram test to take for comparison:

I'm a four and it sounds like me alright. Well, for the most part...

TYPE FOUR: THE ROMANTIC
Fours have a strong need to understand themselves and to express that understanding aesthetically. In their drive for self-understanding they may become self-absorbed and self-conscious. Fours frequently feel different from others. Fours unconsciously focus their attention on the finer points of what is missing, so that by comparison, what is available seems to lack appeal. Fours thrive on being important in the lives of other people, especially important people.

Possible Origins.
Fours often had a rather solitary, frequently unhappy childhood. They felt abandoned by one or both parents and consequently turned inward for gratification. They grew up feeling alone and carried this aloneness into adulthood.

Flawed Fours. Fearful of being misunderstood or hurt if they express themselves directly, Fours may turn to artistic fields to communicate. If they are unable to express themselves, they become shy, painfully self-conscious and afraid of social interaction. Unhealthy Fours block out desires and expectations-so they will not be hurt when their desires are not fulfilled and their expectations are not met. Fours compete with peers for the respect of grand authority.

Well-Adapted Fours have learned to love others in spite of the fact that they themselves have felt unloved. Of all the types, they are most in touch with their inner feelings. They deceive themselves, and others, less than any other type. And freed of their potentially crippling self-consciousness, creativity can take free rein, often with quite spectacular results. Their sensitivity to the feelings and needs of others and their regard for individuality make them excellent parents, friends, and therapists.

Occupations. The need to express their special nature leads Fours to be poets, musicians, actors, and artists. They are also original in the way they shape their environment as well as in the way they express their feelings. Fours are uncommon among managers, but they may be a manager's secondary type. As managers they can see extraordinary possibilities in a common business situation. They can channel their creative energies into starting up a new, unique organization.

Finding Oneself:

Fours will probably agree with most of statements:

1. I have the sense of something missing from life.
2. I try to look casual and natural.
3. I have always had an attraction for symbolism.
4. People don't feel as deeply as I do.
5. I like to do things properly and with class.
6. My environmental surroundings are very important to me.
7. It's easy for me to distinguish between "the best," and "the best known."
8. I don't like to think of myself as being ordinary or having an ordinary problem.
9. I find myself swinging back and forth between highs and lows. Either I'm very up or very down, I don't feel very alive when I'm in the middle.
10. People have accused me of being overly dramatic, but they really don't understand how I feel.
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:29 pm

I enjoyed this one

my results: 5 again

Your Enneagram Type(s): Type 5,Type 8,Type 9
Five's are observers: they have an overwhelming need to understand the environment and therefore are curious about everything. They tend to satisfy that curiosity by standing at the periphery rather than by getting centrally involved, or by investing heavily in their own units while sacrificing their relations with the larger organization. They frequently are knowledgeable in numerous areas and seem to enjoy learning purely for the sake of learning. This desire for knowledge may be generated by a need to protect themselves from an environment that they see as unpredictable or capricious. Five's use their knowledge as the raw material for building expertise, models, world views or organizations that serve as a home base for them. Not surprisingly, they are the most intellectually gifted of the types. In addition, they are highly independent-minded and are sensitive to outside forces that might deprive them of their independence.

This describes me pretty well
... more about fives
TYPE FIVE: THE OBSERVER

Possible Origins. Five's felt intruded upon as children--their privacy stolen. Children who feel that they have to escape are going to find ways to distance themselves. One way is to stay in your room and close the door. Another way is to put up a wall of emotional distance by removing yourself from your feelings. Eventually you can learn to stand directly under the gaze of someone who is trying to pry into your life and not feel any reaction to their intrusiveness.

YES YES YES!

Flawed Five's find emotional involvement a problem. Part of this may be because they are thinkers rather than doers and thus less likely to be in contact with others, and part may be because they find it difficult to deal with the strong feelings that emotional involvement generates. They live with a sense of having limited resources and energy and of being easily exhausted by personal interactions.

As managers they may stand on the sidelines, functioning chiefly as knowledgeable observers, or they may create their own knowledge-based organizational Islands," which they then protect against possible incursion from the outside, especially on the part of powerful authorities. They are likely to supervise from behind closed doors -acting as decision makers who leave follow-through to others. Although they have good or workable relationships with subordinates, Five's often have underdeveloped or poor relationships with superiors and peers.

Well-adapted Five's have overcome their fear of the environment and by trusting it, they are able to put together observations, theories, and patterns in the environment in ways that others cannot They can do this only because they are able to hold in abeyance their need for structure while they formulate and develop new and often valuable ideas.

At their best, Five's as managers learn to relax their vigilant, self-protective posture toward the larger organization They put their considerable knowledge to work in conducting often highly original, even iconoclastic projects The instinct to hunker down serves them well because it leads them to give their all to their undertaking and to ignore or fend off criticism or attacks from the outside They are often the brains behind the scenes that stay cool while others distress.

Occupations. Among Five's we find theorists, inventors and engineers As managers they may gravitate toward staff functions They may also excel as line managers in starting a new and innovative organization, in spite of the doubts of others.

Finding Oneself.
Five's will probably agree with most of the following statements:

1. I tend to keep my feelings to myself.
2. I like to know what will happen ahead of time.
3. I don't know how to engage in small talk very well.
4. Intellectually I like to synthesize and put together different ideas.
5. I need much private time and space.
6. I often sit back and observe other people rather than get involved.
7. I seem to be more silent than most others People often ask me that I'm thinking.
8. I have trouble reaching out or asking for what I need.
9. If an issue comes up, I like to first work it out by myself, then go discuss it with others.
10. I like to put things in perspective, to step back and take everything in. If I leave anything out, I accuse myself of being so simplistic or naive.

Eight's need to be powerful to make their own way in life. They are motivated to maintain territorial control over anything that can influence their lives and by the desire to stay on top in any power struggle Of all the Enneagram types, they are the most openly aggressive. They are dominant figures both at work and at home.

They enjoy being strong and judge others according to whether those others are strong or weak. They also enjoy confronting others, and are even willing to take on the whole power structure if they feel a need for radical change. Eight's are courageous and will crusade for what they believe in. They bring abundant energy to meeting challenges at work or elsewhere.

They are "natural leaders." Their overwhelming self-confidence is contagious and can generate in others the energy that is necessary to accomplish monumental tasks.

I wouldn't think of this as me, but I have the feeling that my daughter and husband might see this side of me

Nines need to avoid conflict and tension. They want to preserve harmony with others (or at least with key others) and to keep peace whatever the cost. They are often suite capable of ignoring anything which might disturb this essential harmony. They also prefer things to remain stable, and they resist change or disruption.

Possible Origins. Nines felt overlooked as children and as a consequence formed the habit of discounting their own essential needs. They describe family situations that range from neglect to being overshadowed by siblings to being ignored or attacked when they stood up for their own ideas.(OMG this is SO me) What is common to all of these childhood prototypes is the sense of not being listened to when an opinion was put forward and realizing that showing anger directly did not get their opinion heard.

Odd, I scored both eight and nine which seem to be diametrically opposed to each other.... and that is pretty much me too. I think we all can see parts of ourselves that are totally unlike other parts... almost as if we were several different people in one skin.

Type: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
65% 65% 45% 53% 78% 53% 50% 78% 78%
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:55 pm

BlueTopaz wrote:

I think we all can see parts of ourselves that are totally unlike other parts... almost as if we were several different people in one skin.

In my life so far, I HAVE been several people. In fact, at the moment, I'm having a bit of an identity crisis. I keep changing and I keep wondering what is the real me? Neutral
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:46 pm

BlueTopaz wrote:I enjoyed this one

my results: 5 again

Your Enneagram Type(s): Type 5,...
Five's are observers: they have an overwhelming need to understand the environment and therefore are curious about everything. They tend to satisfy that curiosity by standing at the periphery rather than by getting centrally involved, or by investing heavily in their own units while sacrificing their relations with the larger organization. They frequently are knowledgeable in numerous areas and seem to enjoy learning purely for the sake of learning. This desire for knowledge may be generated by a need to protect themselves from an environment that they see as unpredictable or capricious. Five's use their knowledge as the raw material for building expertise, models, world views or organizations that serve as a home base for them. Not surprisingly, they are the most intellectually gifted of the types. In addition, they are highly independent-minded and are sensitive to outside forces that might deprive them of their independence.

This describes me pretty well

... more about fives
TYPE FIVE: THE OBSERVER

Possible Origins. Five's felt intruded upon as children--their privacy stolen. Children who feel that they have to escape are going to find ways to distance themselves. One way is to stay in your room and close the door. Another way is to put up a wall of emotional distance by removing yourself from your feelings. Eventually you can learn to stand directly under the gaze of someone who is trying to pry into your life and not feel any reaction to their intrusiveness.

YES YES YES!

Flawed Five's find emotional involvement a problem. Part of this may be because they are thinkers rather than doers and thus less likely to be in contact with others, and part may be because they find it difficult to deal with the strong feelings that emotional involvement generates. They live with a sense of having limited resources and energy and of being easily exhausted by personal interactions.

As managers they may stand on the sidelines, functioning chiefly as knowledgeable observers, or they may create their own knowledge-based organizational Islands," which they then protect against possible incursion from the outside, especially on the part of powerful authorities. They are likely to supervise from behind closed doors -acting as decision makers who leave follow-through to others. Although they have good or workable relationships with subordinates, Five's often have underdeveloped or poor relationships with superiors and peers.

Well-adapted Five's have overcome their fear of the environment and by trusting it, they are able to put together observations, theories, and patterns in the environment in ways that others cannot They can do this only because they are able to hold in abeyance their need for structure while they formulate and develop new and often valuable ideas.

At their best, Five's as managers learn to relax their vigilant, self-protective posture toward the larger organization They put their considerable knowledge to work in conducting often highly original, even iconoclastic projects The instinct to hunker down serves them well because it leads them to give their all to their undertaking and to ignore or fend off criticism or attacks from the outside They are often the brains behind the scenes that stay cool while others distress.

Occupations. Among Five's we find theorists, inventors and engineers As managers they may gravitate toward staff functions They may also excel as line managers in starting a new and innovative organization, in spite of the doubts of others.

Finding Oneself.
Five's will probably agree with most of the following statements:

7. I seem to be more silent than most others People often ask me that I'm thinking.
9. If an issue comes up, I like to first work it out by myself, then go discuss it with others.
10. I like to put things in perspective, to step back and take everything in. If I leave anything out, I accuse myself of being so simplistic or naive.

I haven't taken this longer test yet [I will and report back], but what Blue Topaz has posted here fits me to a a tee! These descriptions of Five also strike me as *very* typical of Introverted HSPs in general. Elaine Aron's HSP test parallels a lot of these descriptions of Five. I wonder what percentage of Introverted HSPs would turn out to be Fives?
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Funny you should say that because I used to test as a 5. And nowadays, I wonder if I'm HSP at all. I'm even wondering if I'm really INFP at this point. It seems a lot easier being nothing at all. Then I wouldn't be so busy attaching labels to myself. Wink

But it is fun to test myself and see how I've changed over the years. alien

Life is never stuck or static or stale. It's ever changing, and we are ever changing ourselves and the world around us. And hopefully for the better.
Very Happy
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:17 am

well took the test lol im 6w5 which for the mostpart seems right on.
5-The Investigator
6-The Loyalist
the 2nd test is 2-helper dont see all of it me only bits.
i do agreee with all that
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:53 pm

I did this a couple of years back. I'm a 4 W5. 4's are usually associated with increased sensitivity - no surprises there then. I must read up about it again to refresh my memory.
butterfly
butterfly

http://www.tribe.paramimedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:56 am

Grasshopper wrote:

I haven't taken this longer test yet [I will and report back], but what Blue Topaz has posted here fits me to a a tee! These descriptions of Five also strike me as *very* typical of Introverted HSPs in general. Elaine Aron's HSP test parallels a lot of these descriptions of Five. I wonder what percentage of Introverted HSPs would turn out to be Fives?

Taking this longer test [180 questions]
gives me these scores:

Type: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
63% 50% 55% 55% 88% 58% 43% 58% 73%

Three highest scores: Five, Nine, One
It seems to jibe with the earlier tests, except the One score. I do see some perfectionistic tendencies in myself so some One is there but it clashes with my otherwise easy-going nature

Here's info about Ones from this site just for discussion purposes (we already have posted info from this site about Fours and Fives above):

TYPE ONE: THE PERFECTIONIST
Ones need to be right, beyond reproach. An inner critic continually checks for possible faults. They continually try to do what is right, and likewise expect others to do the same. They become cranky when either they or others fail to measure up.
One's greatest fear is that they might be condemned for failure to adhere to their principles or ideals, whether lofty or trivial. Along with this urge comes a vigilance and an attention to detail.

Possible Origins. Ones commonly report that they were heavily criticized or punished when they were young and that they eventually became obsessed with trying to be good as a way of staying out of trouble. Many were expected to take on adult responsibility prematurely and often became like parents themselves in order to stabilize immature adults in the family. The atmosphere was one Of high expectation without rewards. Virtue was supposed to be its own reward, and so perfectionists were scolded for wrongdoing without being made special for the sacrifice Of being good.

Flawed Ones can be opinionated and self-righteous. They are perfectionists and expect others to live up to their exacting standards. Ones function by the rule book and if procedures are changed they may feel they're being set up for criticism. They have problems dealing with interactions that require multiple points Of view. As managers they are prone to over-controlling subordinates out of an attempt to "get it right" on their terms. They want rules and progress reports. They attempt to control the situation by setting limits, by tightening controls and assigning blame. At their worst, they are fault-finders and nit-pickers.

Well-adapted Ones have learned to be tolerant of themselves, and, consequently, tolerant of others. They have transcended petty fault-finding in themselves and others. They have discovered that their impulses are not inherently bad and they no longer repress their feelings inappropriately. They remain moral people and are often sought for guidance. They are known for their integrity and high principles, but are able to allow for differences in the ideals of others. The healthy One can be a strong force in community life because he or she will look to his conscience for guidance, rather than to personal gain or power.

As managers they harness their heightened sense of order to constructive ends. They no longer oppress subordinates with their high standards, but respect the performance levels of others. They have fine organizational abilities and are capable of taking real pleasure in developing their skills. They hold strong convictions without being self-righteous and rigid. They appraise themselves and others against their standards without being overly judgmental and without condemning those who do not measure up.

Occupations. Ones gravitate to jobs where procedures need to be enacted. They are researchers, teachers, accountants, and long-rang- planners. Occupations in which they can be arbiters of correct behavior also appeal to Ones: judges, policemen, grammarians. As managers they specialize in systematizing or rationalizing organizations on running a tight ship. They also tend to excel at implementing a slim-down strategy--at trimming fat and eliminating unnecessary levels, functions, or staff. Attractive environments include jobs that require organization and meticulous detail.

Finding Oneself:
Ones will probably agree with most of the following statements:
I put much effort into correcting my faults.
I'm often bothered because things aren't the way they should be.
I hate to waste time.
I often blame myself for not doing better.
Often the least flaw can ruin the whole thing for me.
I have trouble relaxing and being playful.
I frequently have a sense of urgency that time is running out and there is still so much left to do.
If something isn't fair, it really bothers me.
I get angry when I see others "getting away with it".
I normally see things as either right or wrong.

#By the way, the descriptions of the types from this site are quite good and detailed but no navigation or search box is provided to get to them easily. You get the type info when you test as that primary type. Here's a way around that if you want to get their info page on any of the types without having to take the test:

Go to Google and punch in this line in the search box:
type one site:http://www.personalityonline.com/

Change the type number for two thru nine to get that page.
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:35 am

Finding Oneself:
Ones will probably agree with most of the following statements:
I put much effort into correcting my faults.
I'm often bothered because things aren't the way they should be.
I hate to waste time.
I often blame myself for not doing better.
Often the least flaw can ruin the whole thing for me.
I have trouble relaxing and being playful.
I frequently have a sense of urgency that time is running out and there is still so much left to do.
If something isn't fair, it really bothers me.
I get angry when I see others "getting away with it".
I normally see things as either right or wrong.
agreed , right or wrong that gets me in trouble lol there isnt much gray area for me it is or isnt. and if i find i did something wrong or its pointed out have to make right directly,and feal an anxity over it.
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:14 am

Interesting, I'm sure I would have scored higher as a one earlier in my life. As I get older I find it easier to let a lot of things go.

A motto I heard that actually is kind of healthy for me has been "Strive to be average" LOL.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:27 pm

again 2
TYPE TWO: THE GIVER
Twos are driven by a need to be loved, to be needed, to be appreciated. To get that love, they express love and devotion more freely than most: they become helpers," interested in the welfare of others, and in doing things for others.
Their love, however, is not truly free; they expect repayment. Often they establish dependency relationships which art in effect, a form of bribery to get the love they so badly need. Twos are usually unwilling, even unable, to acknowledge that all their efforts to please and gratify are motivated by their own strong needs for love and approval.

Possible origins. Twos were the children who were loved for being pleasing. They quickly recognized the qualities in themselves that were appealing to the different adults in their lives and learned to put on a performance that met those needs. Another common scenario is reported by Twos whose sensitivity to the needs of others developed because they had to support their parents emotionally. Others recognized the manipulative possibilities of becoming indispensable and loved, and used their seductive abilities to extract what they needed from other people.

Flawed Twos become too involved, over-extend themselves in the service of too many good causes, befriend and advise too many people and wind up feeling burdened and physically worn out. They may feel that they are not properly valued. Twos are attracted to power and do not waste time developing relationships with those below. The need for love can degenerate into a need to control, expressed in the form of manipulation. Twos are masters at creating guilt in others while maintaining their own righteous positions. They may martyr themselves, ostensibly putting themselves in the service of others while unconsciously resenting those others.

As managers they will alter temperamentally, at times wanting to be liked by employees, at times feeling burdened by their presence.

Well-Adapted Twos, those who have learned to love without necessarily being loved in return, are unselfish, considerate, and genuinely loving. They are altruistic and frequently serve real needs in the world. They will be found serving on fund-raising committees, working with charitable organizations. On a personal level they are compassionate, thoughtful, and ready to help.

Well-adapted Twos see the potentials in people. They are sensitive to bringing a new person into the group. They draw people out. They also become capable of accepting anger in themselves when it occurs and using it as a basis for asserting their own needs. They stop cloaking themselves in selfless and powerless virtue, and free themselves to use power directly. They become less likely to do a slow burn and more likely to surface problems as they arise.

Occupations. Typical occupations are social services and philanthropic endeavors of all sorts. As managers, they might very well gravitate to human resources and training, or organization development. Attractive environments include any situation of assisting or associating with a powerful leader.

Finding Oneself:
Twos will probably agree with most of the following statements:
Many people depend on my help and generosity.
I take more pride in my service of others than in anything else.
I need to feel important in other people's lives. I like people to need me.
I seem to have personal radar for the detection of moods and preferences of others.
Each of my friends brings out a different part of me.
I am attracted to difficult relationships.
I don't feel that I have that many needs.
I believe that gaining approval is equal to gaining love.
When I have time off, I frequently spend it helping others.
Having a sense of personal freedom is very important to me.
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:33 pm

Grasshopper wrote:

I've read that Type Five matches up fairly closely with Meyers-Briggs INT types. INFJ's often score as Fours, while INFP's roughly match up with Nines or Fours. Let me see if I can find that website.... Ah.. here it is:

http://tap3x.net/EMBTI/mainpage.html
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum