The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supernatural experiences

+3
resplendent
jaded
Nucky
7 posters

Go down

Supernatural experiences Empty Supernatural experiences

Post by Nucky Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:15 am

Have you ever had an experience that you suspected was an encounter with a ghost of some kind? If you were afraid, what exactly were you afraid of?
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Supernatural experiences Empty Re: Supernatural experiences

Post by jaded Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 am

Ohhhhh this is way creepy Erik. A few months before my daddy died, I was alone at my mothers with my daughter & Moms dog. My daughter was VERY young.
I heard the most ....I cannot think of the word I want to describe it....SAD gut wretching devestating sobbing imaginable. I thought someone was in the house. My daughter asked, "Who is crying Mommy?"

My moms bloodhound threw back her head & howled , all the hairs standing on her back. I felt engulfed by sadness. It made me want to die. I can never explain the horrible feeling it gave me. There are no words to describe this.

I had to get out of the house, not out of fear. But because the despair the crying made me feel. I couldn't breath.....*shivers*

My father died 4 months later. I in my heart believe it was my grandma. I think she knew Daddy had cancer and was dying.

I NEVER want to hear that sound again.
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:31 am

Those who have had no confirmed supernatural experiences: Have you ever watched a supernatural show and felt the "energies", whether or not you believed they were actually ghosts? How did these energies feel to you?

I've been wondering what those who have strong empathic sensations feel when they watch shows where there are strong energies like ghosts and stuff. I suspect that a few of the ghost shows I've been watching recently would have created some strong reactions in a few people here.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:35 am

I haven't seen it. What channel?
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:26 pm

They're scattered on a number of channels. One that looked like it had particularly creepy stuff was the one that has that creepy high-pitched narrator voice, what's that called, anyone know?
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:25 am

Ohhh I know one....I cannot think of its name. It has that chick from Polterguist narrating it. is that who you mean?
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:07 pm

Maybe, I'm not sure.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by resplendent Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Ummm.... all the time... I would not even know where to start. I usually don't talk about them with most folks... Embarassed
resplendent
resplendent

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:59 pm

Welcome resplendent. Here, people won't judge you for your unusual experiences. This is very different from most of society.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by resplendent Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:27 pm

melodiccolor wrote:Welcome resplendent. Here, people won't judge you for your unusual experiences. This is very different from most of society.

Thank you... I have had numerous experiences from youth through adulthood. Some benevolent, some caustic. I'll share the most caustic and the most benevolent extremes here - that way I am limiting what I am sharing.

Benevolent:

I have had a couple experiences where my departed loved one showed up spoke to me - telling me his perspective on an issue. My attention was elsewhere and suddenly got yanked toward a soft presence. Kind of hard to explain. Kind of like a warm glow... and information that I could not have generated myself was shared with me.

Caustic:
I was reading in my living room in a cottage that dated from the late 1800s and had my cat sitting next to me. I felt icy breeze go across my face, and when I looked up the cat's head turned as if he was seeing something rushing past. He got up and left the room in a hurry. I figured if he was disturbed that I should be disturbed too.

I think that there are all forms of energy out there and some are embodied and some are not...

Without prattling on, that is the kind of experiences I have - I also saw a woman get thrown out of a chair once, but that was not me personally...

Perhaps if people respond and say things the conversation can progress as people are interested.
resplendent
resplendent

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:54 pm

I think there are things that exsist outside of our comprehension. Are they spirits/ghosts? I don't know for sure. I have had a couple of experiences that I haven't been able to dismiss or find a logical explanation for.

The grandmother of one of my best friends growing up lived in a huge old farmhouse. Every so often in the late afternoon what sounded like a group of several children running, playing and laughing could be heard moving about the second floor of the house. I was present during its appearance on at least two seperate occasions. His grandmother had never felt threatened by it and even called it by name (I can't remember) and would tell it to "pipe down" if it became too noisy. That one wasn't scary.

The other involved a sinister presence what some might refer to as poltergeist like that was attached to a physical object. That experience was frightening because it kept escalating and whatever it was wasn't very nice.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtue Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:25 pm

There are times when I have felt that people who have passed were thinking about me. They were more feelings and intuition than anything else, but they have happened (and I attribute them to certain important people in my life).

In my own experience, I usually don't have dreams or anything like that after someone close has died. Instead, I usually learn some of the most important life lessons that can be learned (or I relearn them in some cases!)

In a way, you could say that the lessons we learn are the departed's gift to us before passing on. It's up to us to use those lessons and change our lives for the better.
Virtue
Virtue

Back to top Go down

Post by resplendent Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:13 pm

I sometimes have experiences that have little to do with my history. Once I attended a religious ceremony as an observer for a class assignment in comparative religion in university. I was seated in the congregation. I felt nothing until about 3/4 of the way through the service. Suddenly I became aware of a pressure around my face and neck, as if something was pushing me back - it felt altogether unwelcoming. It seemed relatively hostile. I started to mentally "talk to it" asking it to leave. At one point I told it that it did not have a right to hassle me and it backed off, but I could sense that it was not gone until I left the facility.

I have no idea why it was hostile toward me. Of course I NEVER brought it up in my class.
resplendent
resplendent

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneiros Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:53 am

In the house where I grew up, apparently there was some spirit or someone who had died or something there, according to a clairvoyant that my mum saw. He was unhappy and used to haunt the hill which our house was on. It often scared the shit out of me as a kid, just walking into my room in darkness... like there was this oppressive feeling coming from my window which overlooks the hill. I couldn't really analyse my feelings about it... the fear was very strong. Anything supernatural like that (real or on TV) still has a strong effect on me.

Anyway, eventually mum did some kind of ceremony that the clairvoyant told her to do, and then things cleared up... I didn't feel so afraid in my room at night after that.

I don't really have an opinion about spirits and things... I'm sure they exist, but I'm not comfortable exploring those ideas, so I don't think about it.
Oneiros
Oneiros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum