The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If true, this could be a very strange fact.

5 posters

Go down

If true, this could be a very strange fact. Empty If true, this could be a very strange fact.

Post by melodiccolor Thu May 28, 2009 4:55 pm

I got this in an email from a very good friend and haven't confirmed it.

From the Washington Post:

DHS Enlists Sci-Fi Writers to Imagine Future Dangers
The line between what's real and what's not is thin and shifting, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has decided to explore both sides. Boldly going where few government bureaucracies have gone before, the agency is enlisting the expertise of science fiction writers.

Just imagine it. popcorn big grin lol!
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

If true, this could be a very strange fact. Empty Re: If true, this could be a very strange fact.

Post by Nucky Thu May 28, 2009 6:42 pm

Cool!
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

If true, this could be a very strange fact. Empty Re: If true, this could be a very strange fact.

Post by Bluedream Thu May 28, 2009 6:51 pm

melodiccolor wrote:I got this in an email from a very good friend and haven't confirmed it.

From the Washington Post:

DHS Enlists Sci-Fi Writers to Imagine Future Dangers
The line between what's real and what's not is thin and shifting, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has decided to explore both sides. Boldly going where few government bureaucracies have gone before, the agency is enlisting the expertise of science fiction writers.

Just imagine it. popcorn big grin lol!

I laugh at this...but...
it also immediately 'triggered' the old Pogo comic quote; 'We have met the enemy and he is us'.
I often feel 'we' may collectively have the ability to become our worst nightmare or all obtain the path to 'nirvana'. It's all a matter of...?

It also reminded me of a futuristic program a few years back...don't remember the name... where in magic and dreamy occurances were commonplace in the world.
It also made me wonder that if we were all 'losing it' at once...how could we know? What if reality for everyone did become lost...sorta like a matrix?
Mebbe that's what they fear...who knows. They spend money on the dumbest things anyways...what's the difference? Hee... Laughing
b.d.
Bluedream
Bluedream

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Fri May 29, 2009 4:28 pm

I heard something similar to this on NPR after 9/11. The story was that espionage writers were gathered together to brainstorm possible scenarios for future terrorist plots. The idea about sci/fi writers sounds plausible to me.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sun May 31, 2009 1:32 pm

This is a continuation of using non-traditional sources to develop realistic military strategies of the future.

Read Ingo Swann's autobiography, the work of Harold E. Puthoff (there's plenty of Wiki links in this link).

General keyword searches would be 'military psychic's' or variations that can be derived from preceding links. There is quite a bit on material I've stumbled on. Since I've read quite a bit on it, I don't find it strange at all.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum