The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Easter to you?

+3
Luna
SimplyNan
Nucky
7 posters

Go down

What is Easter to you?

What is Easter to you? Vote_lcap27%What is Easter to you? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
What is Easter to you? Vote_lcap9%What is Easter to you? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
What is Easter to you? Vote_lcap9%What is Easter to you? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
What is Easter to you? Vote_lcap36%What is Easter to you? Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
What is Easter to you? Vote_lcap18%What is Easter to you? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

What is Easter to you? Empty What is Easter to you?

Post by Nucky Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:40 am

Elaborate in the thread if you feel so inclined.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

What is Easter to you? Empty Re: What is Easter to you?

Post by SimplyNan Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Hmm, I was going to say that spring is a time of rebirth but actually, the Winter Solstice is the time of rebirth. Spring is actually a fertility celebration. Easter, well, relgiously I no longer have an opinion. But the Easter Bunny, hmm, yeah, bunnies, fertility, no brainer. Personally I'm using it as an excuse to have my daughter join us for dinner and coloring eggs.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:25 pm

I think it's a time for families to get together and have a holiday and to celebrate Spring. Yes is also the day that Christ was resurrected for the Christian tradition. Coincidentally many other culture and religions celebrate a Spring festival of rebirth and fertility around the same time.The whole rabbit and egg thing came from pagan traditions which the Christians adopted into their holiday. I used to love Easter as a kid, doing the whole Easter egg hunt thing. Now that I'm older I don't really celebrate it but it's nice to have time off.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Passing Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:36 am

Most holidays don't mean much to me. In general, they're just another day. Even as a kid I never got into Easter too much. Loved the egg hunts, and the candy, and the Easter baskets of course, but beyond that ... Honestly, the best thing about holidays, at least when I was a kid, was not having to go to school. As an adult they became somewhat meaningless.

So I guess, in the end, Easter, like most holidays, aren't much different from other days to me.
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:42 pm

the first option
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:10 pm

The best part of Easter is getting a week off from school, if you are a student (or someone who works at one)! Very Happy

More than you probably want to know about Easter:

http://www.answers.com/easter

Sample therefrom:
The pagan roots of Easter involve the spring festivals of pre-Christian Europe and the Near East, which celebrate the rebirth of vegetation, welcoming the growing light as the sun becomes more powerful in its course toward summer. It is significant that in England and Germany the Church accepted the name of the pagan goddess "Easter" (Anglo-Saxon Eostra—her name has several spellings) for this new Christian holiday. In Mediterranean Europe (Italy, Spain, and France), Christianity adopted pascha, a word derivative of Passover, from which comes the adjective "paschal" for things pertaining to Easter, such as the Paschal Lamb. bunneh reaper
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

https://sfba.social/@Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:52 am

I am a Christian ..though I don't claim to live the way you should. I have many flaws or sins .

Most people rejoice at Christs crucifixtion (sp???) It makes me very sad & very humble. Easter makes me cry. Easter makes me feel guilty .
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down