The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there any famous people from your hometown?

+8
EA
SimplyNan
StrawberryLife
IowaRunner
BlueTopaz
waterdragon7
melodiccolor
Nucky
12 posters

Go down

Are there any famous people from your hometown? Empty Are there any famous people from your hometown?

Post by Nucky Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:37 am

Some famous people from the town I live in are:
John DeLorean
Steve Yzerman, Sergei Fedorov, and several other Red Wings players
Aretha Franklin
Lee Iacocca
Tara Lipinski
Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers
Robin Williams
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Are there any famous people from your hometown? Empty Re: Are there any famous people from your hometown?

Post by melodiccolor Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:44 am

Eddie Murphy lived here for a number of years. And when state government is in sesson Arnold Schwartzenegger does now, lol.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Are there any famous people from your hometown? Empty Re: Are there any famous people from your hometown?

Post by waterdragon7 Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:24 am

Yikes! I was born in Los Angeles and spent the first 20 years of my life living in the city. Too many to list! So a link instead:

http://www.hollywood.com/CelebPOBList/POB/Los%20Angeles,%20California

And I'm not sure, but I don't think this list includes people in sports.
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:51 am

***sigh***
<---------
I could only wish........
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by IowaRunner Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:28 am

Kate Mulgrew, who played Capt. Janeway in the Star Trek Voyager series. She went to high school with my ex-wife.
IowaRunner
IowaRunner

Back to top Go down

Post by StrawberryLife Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:01 pm

WOW, Nucky, that's a lot of people! Smile
Do you know any of them personally? Wink

And as for LA, lol, I bet the list is really *endless*... alien

Mel, Arnie AND Eddie lol!! WoW!! Smile

IowaRunner, how cool about the Star Trek Capt.!! alien

hmm... I know some of you live in very BIG cities... for others, moving the thread to a more 'secret' location might be better...? Smile
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by IowaRunner Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:23 pm

StrawberryLife wrote:
hmm... I know some of you live in very BIG cities... for others, moving the thread to a more 'secret' location might be better...? Smile

Not me, I'm in a small city of 60,000.

Nucky, I know that one-time presidential candidate Mitt Romney grew up in your hometown. His pa was the governor when I was growing up in a nearby blue-collar hillbilly ghetto...
IowaRunner
IowaRunner

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:57 pm

IR, cool story about "it's a small world". Blue, not even astronaughts where you live now?

Yeah, WD, that question might take about 4 or more pages for you to answer without a link, lol.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:56 pm

melodiccolor wrote:IR, cool story about "it's a small world". Blue, not even astronaughts where you live now?

Yeah, WD, that question might take about 4 or more pages for you to answer without a link, lol.

Oh sure, there are astronauts, and famous people from here and living around here: Hulk Hogan lives fairly nearby, so does Burt Reynolds. Carrottop is from here (his dad or uncle or something work at the space center) Chris Collingsworth is from the same area and John Travolta has a condo up the road about 20 miles... and people who are from my "Hometown" of Denver like Tim Allen.

But thinking about it would distract me from the video I'm making right now. lol!
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by IowaRunner Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:35 pm

BlueTopaz wrote:Carrottop is from here

As a side note...Carrottop was in Dubuque (my home town) to give a concert a couple of years ago, and he was in our fitness center at our local Y when I went up to do my workout on the elliptical. He's pretty well built, looks like he lifts quite a bit.
IowaRunner
IowaRunner

Back to top Go down

Post by StrawberryLife Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:59 pm

John Travolta!! Smile WOW!! Smile

& Hulk Hogan!! lol

Some locally-famous or 'famous in Slovenia' people come from my hometown... noone y'all would have heard about, I guess... Smile
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:17 pm

IowaRunner wrote:
BlueTopaz wrote:Carrottop is from here

As a side note...Carrottop was in Dubuque (my home town) to give a concert a couple of years ago, and he was in our fitness center at our local Y when I went up to do my workout on the elliptical. He's pretty well built, looks like he lifts quite a bit.

Yeah, Carrottop is pretty "ripped" now. He wasn't always. But he definitely beefed up. The local radio station comedy guys have him on quite often and they have commented on his physique a couple of times. Which reminds me...Michael Winslow is from around here... he is on that radio show quite often too (Michael Winslow is that sound effects guy from Policy Academy movies)
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:19 pm

Linda Rondstadt is from here. Paul and Linda McCartney used to have a ranch somewhere around here. There are others but at this time, no one else comes to mind.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by EA Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:42 am

I wonder who will like the answer to this one....Bono...
EA
EA

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:30 am

Oh my, EA, I hope you are prepared for a Bono barrage now! headbang lol!
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:03 am

Lots of famous people from my city. Two of the most famous from my neighborhood are Andy Warhol and Danny Marino.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by mischifus Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:44 am

Scottie Pippen (basketball guy) went to my high schools rival...I'm a little bit older than him though, and I never paid any attention to basketball anyway.

Lauren something or other, Miss America 2006 (?) is from here as well.

That's it. There are probably country music people and maybe rodeo types but since I'm not into that I don't know.
mischifus
mischifus

Back to top Go down

Post by WissyWig Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:59 am

Are there any famous people from your hometown? Th_hyper Ooh, ooh! I have some good ones. I'll spare you the story of how I ended up in Quincy, Illinois, but here are a few folks from this little gem of a town who went on to fame and fortune...but mostly fame.

• Dr. Michael Swango, who allegedly killed up to 60 people (the majority of which were his patients), grew up in Quincy and attended Quincy Notre Dame High School as well as Quincy University.

• Quincy native James Scott was tried and convicted and sentenced to life in prison for his role in contributing to the Great Flood of 1993, which was among the most costly and devastating to ever occur in the US ($15 billion in damages) and is the largest flood of the Mississippi River in US history. Scott, posing as a volunteer, instead removed several sandbags from a levee which was holding back the water. Why? He wanted to make sure that his wife, who was on the other side of the river, couldn't get home--because he was having too much fun "partying."

• Quincy is considered a "significant place in Mormonism".

• James Earl Ray, murderer of American civil rights activist Martin Luther King, Jr., grew up in Quincy.

• John Anderson of MacGuyver fame also calls Quincy his hometown but unfortunately was not around during the aforementioned Great Flood to singlehandedly secure the levees with nothing but a two-inch piece of dental floss, some pocket lint, and a chewed stick of gum.

That's right folks--I LIVE here. Rolling Eyes
WissyWig
WissyWig

http://www.myspace.com/designs-by-indigolden

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:19 pm

Here are a few more famous people to whom I'm connected by geography:

Mr. Fred Rogers lived about 1/2 mile away, so you could say I grew up in his neighborhood. He was genuinely the same in person as he was on T.V.

We lived in the house Gene Kelly lived in before he was famous. We even found some of his choreography, there. The address was made famous in the song,"The Boy Next Door," sung in "Meet Me in St. Louis."

Robby Marshall, director of "Chicago" and "Memoirs of a Geisha" was two years behind me in high school. He and his sister, Kathleen, also a director and choreographer, attended the same church I did. We also were in French club together.

Also had a funny incident in church, on an Ash Wednesday, I was standing in line for the priest to put ashes on my forward, and as I walked up the aisle, people were actually turning around in the pews and staring at me. Couldn't figure out what was going on; had to look down and make sure I had my clothes on and everything was buttoned, etc..., and, when I turned around to head back to my seat and realized they weren't looking at me, but at the star quarterback behind me, Dan Marino.

My SIL's cousin went to the high school prom with Jeff Goldblum. beatingheart Lucky!
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by IowaRunner Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:24 pm

I don't know how closely any of you were keeping an eye on the recent Republican convention, but they interviewed their youngest delegate, who was 17 years old on several occasions that drew national attention. I also heard that he was on Leno answering a few questions in a humorous light.

This particular young man (Michael Knopf) is a student of mine, at this very time, in my 1st period statistics class. I think he's enjoying his 15 minutes of fame!
IowaRunner
IowaRunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:29 pm

That's so cool, IR! It's a small world.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:56 am

IowaRunner wrote:I don't know how closely any of you were keeping an eye on the recent Republican convention, but they interviewed their youngest delegate, who was 17 years old on several occasions that drew national attention. I also heard that he was on Leno answering a few questions in a humorous light.

This particular young man (Michael Knopf) is a student of mine, at this very time, in my 1st period statistics class. I think he's enjoying his 15 minutes of fame!

Pretty cool!
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by sedona Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:37 pm

BlueTopaz wrote:***sigh***
<---------

Blue,

Scott Bakula is from my hometown! Smile

But, sigh, I have never met him. I can only wish to be so lucky. Smile
sedona

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:51 pm

sedona wrote:
BlueTopaz wrote:***sigh***
<---------

Blue,

Scott Bakula is from my hometown! Smile

But, sigh, I have never met him. I can only wish to be so lucky. Smile

Shocked ninja mrgreen
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:52 am

Well Sedona, I know Scott's parents still live there, and he goes to lots of baseball games there and does a lot of charity work there too. So, you may still get your chance.

He is kind of cute, isn't he. Are there any famous people from your hometown? 1
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down