The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I finally got around to writing about last weekend

+7
Reamsie
StrawberryLife
IowaRunner
waterdragon7
melodiccolor
BlueTopaz
Nucky
11 posters

Go down

I finally got around to writing about last weekend Empty I finally got around to writing about last weekend

Post by Nucky Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:15 am

On Saturday, I was with my dad at the Woodward Dream Cruise. I rode with him in his 55 Chevy Bel Air convertible with my mom and my 3-year-old niece. We were both on the radio AND on TV!
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

I finally got around to writing about last weekend Empty Re: I finally got around to writing about last weekend

Post by BlueTopaz Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:41 am

OOoooooo very cool Nucky. How fun that you were on TV and radio. Do you have any pictures of the restored Chevy? My husband loves stuff like that.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

I finally got around to writing about last weekend Empty Re: I finally got around to writing about last weekend

Post by melodiccolor Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:52 pm

Sounds like you had a blast. And your minute of fame; on tv! Cool
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by waterdragon7 Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:55 pm

nuckinfutz wrote:On Saturday, I was with my dad at the Woodward Dream Cruise. I rode with him in his 55 Chevy Bel Air convertible with my mom and my 3-year-old niece. We were both on the radio AND on TV!
Congrats to you and your family, Nucky! Cool Cool Cool
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:43 pm

BlueTopaz wrote:OOoooooo very cool Nucky. How fun that you were on TV and radio. Do you have any pictures of the restored Chevy? My husband loves stuff like that.

Here it is:

My dad's 55 Chevy
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:50 pm

WOW!! That's nice!
I showed it to my husband he drooled all over the computer. chuckle
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by IowaRunner Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:00 pm

Nucky, I was in the area the 2nd weekend of August, and I saw a lot of publicity about the Dream Cruise. My sister lives in Royal Oak about 1/2 mile from Woodward.
IowaRunner
IowaRunner

Back to top Go down

Post by StrawberryLife Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:33 pm

Sounds cool!! Smile

PS I want to see the chevy too!! Smile
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:34 pm

It's in the link a couple posts up, Strawberry. Smile
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:43 pm

The only problem is that I need to sign up for myspace to see your photos. I did, but I keep ending up in a loop. I'll try again later.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:57 pm

I didn't know you had to have myspace to view it. Maybe this'll work:
I finally got around to writing about last weekend 696428431_m
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:23 pm

Very nice nucky. My hubby was also drooling. What is it with guys and their cars?
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:36 pm

Yes, what is it with guys and their cars? Laughing

Most of my male relatives plus my h and his relatives would drool over that one.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:00 pm

Lord have mercy!!! I remember that when it was a new car!!! Yeah, I'm older than dirt. Oh, well.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:06 pm

If it's any consolation Nan, so do I. Laughing
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:48 am

no, no, Nan...I'M older'n dirt....you'd have to be older'n me.....or between me and dirt....uh, let's not go there...you have a significant other....Smile

nice car, Nucky. put dibs on it, quick!
reb
reb

Location : next to the women on this board so they know where i'm at

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:26 pm

Yay nucky
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:37 pm

i figgerred out why guys polish their car so much...

if you polish your woman much, she gets to thinking she's 'soooo special'. if you polish more after this point, she'll git to thinkin she's indispensable....when she gits there, there's no salvation for you....you'll have to git rid of the one you mistrained, and git another one and see if'n you kin do better.....too much praise leads to a sociopathic woman, who you wll regret living with....

this applies to men, too, btw....do NOT polish him too much...he'll think it's shinin' times...lol!
reb
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by StrawberryLife Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:24 pm

WOW, Nucky, it's awesome!! Smile

/You had it as 'friends only!! Smile/

Reb, I don't see you as the type of man to polish your women too much-??!!
Maybe too little??!! Smile /Or not in the right direction-??!!/

On the other hand, you may have a point there. My Mom always yells at my Dad, & they're still happilly married. Sort of. hm.
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by WissyWig Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:30 pm

reb wrote:i figgerred out why guys polish their car so much...

if you polish your woman much, she gets to thinking she's 'soooo special'. if you polish more after this point, she'll git to thinkin she's indispensable....when she gits there, there's no salvation for you....you'll have to git rid of the one you mistrained, and git another one and see if'n you kin do better.....too much praise leads to a sociopathic woman, who you wll regret living with....

this applies to men, too, btw....do NOT polish him too much...he'll think it's shinin' times...lol!
reb

But what if the man/woman is actually from Poland? Can he/she be too Polish(ed)? scratch

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
WissyWig
WissyWig

http://www.myspace.com/designs-by-indigolden

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:25 pm

Beade, you just you 'new finish' on your man, and see what happens! lol! he may be irish, but he'll become 'polish'....
reb
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down