The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Fiction

4 posters

Go down

Fan Fiction Empty Fan Fiction

Post by lm8 Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:29 pm

Just wondering if anyone else is interested in reading or writing fan fiction. I've been involved with fan fiction groups for years. I'm only now realizing why I'm the only one who doesn't like stories with adult material and prefer less emotional/upsetting material that's suitable for all ages. Wondering if there are other HSP fan fiction writers/readers out there. Would love to read some fan fiction written by other HSPs. I remember writing a Sentinel/Monk crossover some years ago. Looking back on it now, it might make an interesting example of HSP characters. Would be interested to hear what fandoms others are interested in. Anyone have favorite fan fiction stories or crossovers they recommend reading?
lm8
lm8

Back to top Go down

Fan Fiction Empty Re: Fan Fiction

Post by melodiccolor Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:58 pm

I hope our fanfic fan members come on by soon; they'll have lots to say.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

lm8 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adain Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:08 am

So I got a weird random email about this exact post. I didn’t even know this place still existed. Talk about a blast from the past. Seems particularly strange after the great panoramic.
adain
adain

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:46 pm

Got an email alert for this thread, which was good since I was having issues finding the site again.

I've written fanfics since like '96, maybe longer. At the time of course they were kinda meh since I was younger. I had a massive Animorphs one that I have no idea where it is, and a TMNT one that's in some random notebook in my other room that I'll sometimes pull out to amuse myself with.

My fandom range is pretty wide for both reading and writing, though I honestly haven't written a fanfic in about 2 years now. I'm still reading some Clone Wars/Star Wars stuff, and I'll sometimes dip back into Highlander. I like WAFF stories mostly now with fade to black for adult content. My writing too is more like 'lets go to bed for the night' and then the next chapter happens. Violence is more depending upon situation, I love authors that properly tag stuff cause it just depends upon my mood, and I made sure my stories had the same appropriate tags as well as any warnings in chapters along with the option to skip chapters if a character death or something happened.

My original stories are a bit.... different. I do fade to black on adult content then too. Violence/fights is a bit different. It depends upon what story I'm working on. Currently I have a fight scene between a demi-god & a priestess vs 3 magi I'm working on. Sword play is in use as well as magical spells, though none of the injuries will be described, and it will probably end in an explosion of light or something and cut to the next chapter.

I'm a bit odd though for an HSP I think. My previous jobs desensitized me to a lot of things, so I somewhat shrug off stuff that may upset other HSP, I can handle the eww stuff on line a bit more then some people simply because I've seen it so much in the past.
Samt03
Samt03

https://www.amazon.com/author/showndraridge

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:46 pm

adain wrote:So I got a weird random email about this exact post. I didn’t even know this place still existed. Talk about a blast from the past. Seems particularly strange after the great panoramic.

Hi adain; how've you been? Yeah, I got one too; it seems our host is sending out newsletters in hopes of reviving older sites like this one. Yep, we're still here, after 2 url changes and a host of other changes.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:50 pm

Samt03 wrote:Got an email alert for this thread, which was good since I was having issues finding the site again.

I've written fanfics since like '96, maybe longer.  At the time of course they were kinda meh since I was younger.  I had a massive Animorphs one that I have no idea where it is, and a TMNT one that's in some random notebook in my other room that I'll sometimes pull out to amuse myself with.

My fandom range is pretty wide for both reading and writing, though I honestly haven't written a fanfic in about 2 years now.  I'm still reading some Clone Wars/Star Wars stuff, and I'll sometimes dip back into Highlander.  I like WAFF stories mostly now with fade to black for adult content.  My writing too is more like 'lets go to bed for the night' and then the next chapter happens.  Violence is more depending upon situation, I love authors that properly tag stuff cause it just depends upon my mood, and I made sure my stories had the same appropriate tags as well as any warnings in chapters along with the option to skip chapters if a character death or something happened.

My original stories are a bit.... different.  I do fade to black on adult content then too.  Violence/fights is a bit different.  It depends upon what story I'm working on.  Currently I have a fight scene between a demi-god & a priestess vs 3 magi I'm working on. Sword play is in use as well as magical spells, though none of the injuries will be described, and it will probably end in an explosion of light or something and cut to the next chapter.

I'm a bit odd though for an HSP I think.  My previous jobs desensitized me to a lot of things, so I somewhat shrug off stuff that may upset other HSP, I can handle the eww stuff on line a bit more then some people simply because I've seen it so much in the past.

Our host sent newsletters to everyone; I found 2 in my email; I'm glad they did since our board went through 2 url changes and it's helping old members find their way back mrgreen . WB; I hope the thread's op is still checking back. I thought of you when she started the thread.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lm8 Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:56 pm

Samt03 wrote: I had a massive Animorphs one that I have no idea where it is, and a TMNT one that's in some random notebook in my other room that I'll sometimes pull out to amuse myself with.

My fandom range is pretty wide for both reading and writing, though I honestly haven't written a fanfic in about 2 years now.  I'm still reading some Clone Wars/Star Wars stuff, and I'll sometimes dip back into Highlander.  I like WAFF stories mostly now with fade to black for adult content.  My writing too is more like 'lets go to bed for the night' and then the next chapter happens.  Violence is more depending upon situation, I love authors that properly tag stuff cause it just depends upon my mood, and I made sure my stories had the same appropriate tags as well as any warnings in chapters along with the option to skip chapters if a character death or something happened.

The TMNT story sounds fun. Wrote a TMNT/Legion crossover. I really like crossovers. I was into Highlander for a while but couldn't watch it anymore after they killed off Richie in the show. Some of the fan fiction for that was fun. Haven't read any Star Wars stuff in a long time. I was a huge fan of Brian Daley. Loved his books.

If anyone runs across any good fan fiction that they think is safe enough for a HSP to read, I'd appreciate some recommendations. Also, if anyone wants to share any of their work, that could be fun.
lm8
lm8

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:39 pm

lm8 wrote:
The TMNT story sounds fun.  Wrote a TMNT/Legion crossover.  I really like crossovers.  I was into Highlander for a while but couldn't watch it anymore after they killed off Richie in the show.  Some of the fan fiction for that was fun.  Haven't read any Star Wars stuff in a long time.  I was a huge fan of Brian Daley.  Loved his books.  

If anyone runs across any good fan fiction that they think is safe enough for a HSP to read, I'd appreciate some recommendations.  Also, if anyone wants to share any of their work, that could be fun.

That TMNT one was a royal mess, a fun mess but still.  My poor younger brain thought it would be a good idea to make up almost 100 new mutants, and have everyone meet up on this island to stop some world ending plot.  I never finished it cause it got a bit too insane, but its like wow younger me was soo over ambitious. (This is the first part uploaded to ff.n: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1274053/1/The-Ninja-Team )

I moved over to AO3 years ago so everything on ff.n is my way older stuff, I thought I'd transferred it all to AO3 but apparently I didn't. AO3 for the newer things with proper tags: https://archiveofourown.org/users/Showndra_Ridge
Samt03
Samt03

Back to top Go down

Post by adain Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:07 pm

melodiccolor wrote:
adain wrote:So I got a weird random email about this exact post. I didn’t even know this place still existed. Talk about a blast from the past. Seems particularly strange after the great panoramic.

Hi adain;  how've you been?  Yeah, I got one too;  it seems our host is sending out newsletters in hopes of reviving older sites like this one.  Yep, we're still here, after 2 url changes and a host of other changes.
The panini has been rough on me, as a health care worker. Still in the UK. Scotland actually. I’m a crazy cat lady now, and soon to be officially diagnosed with ADHD. Not that, that's going to be as big a surprise on a HSP forum as else where. We are all neurodivergents here 😉
To be honest, I don’t even know where to start. Some things have changed, some haven't. I'm a lot older, not necessarily wiser, but I'm doing OK.
adain
adain

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:44 pm

Samt03 wrote:
lm8 wrote:
The TMNT story sounds fun.  Wrote a TMNT/Legion crossover.  I really like crossovers.  I was into Highlander for a while but couldn't watch it anymore after they killed off Richie in the show.  Some of the fan fiction for that was fun.  Haven't read any Star Wars stuff in a long time.  I was a huge fan of Brian Daley.  Loved his books.  

If anyone runs across any good fan fiction that they think is safe enough for a HSP to read, I'd appreciate some recommendations.  Also, if anyone wants to share any of their work, that could be fun.

That TMNT one was a royal mess, a fun mess but still.  My poor younger brain thought it would be a good idea to make up almost 100 new mutants, and have everyone meet up on this island to stop some world ending plot.  I never finished it cause it got a bit too insane, but its like wow younger me was soo over ambitious. (This is the first part uploaded to ff.n: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1274053/1/The-Ninja-Team )

I moved over to AO3 years ago so everything on ff.n is my way older stuff, I thought I'd transferred it all to AO3 but apparently I didn't. AO3 for the newer things with proper tags: https://archiveofourown.org/users/Showndra_Ridge

Did you ever post some of your fanfic in Wonderful Original Works Sam? That may be the ideal place to share them. I know many of us would enjoy them there.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:08 pm

melodiccolor wrote:
Samt03 wrote:

Did you ever post some of your fanfic in Wonderful Original Works Sam?  That may be the ideal place to share them.  I know many of us would enjoy them there.
I have some original stuff in there, but I never put any of the fanfics up.
Samt03
Samt03

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:28 pm

Samt03 wrote:
melodiccolor wrote:
Samt03 wrote:

Did you ever post some of your fanfic in Wonderful Original Works Sam?  That may be the ideal place to share them.  I know many of us would enjoy them there.
I have some original stuff in there, but I never put any of the fanfics up.  
 Ah OK, it'd been so long I couldn't quite remember.  Something tells me you and IM8 could have a lot of fun down there.  If Reamsie or Blue Topaz return, that area could see an explosion of original fanfic. Plus there are lots of fanfic vids to enjoy down there.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:32 pm

lm8 wrote:
Samt03 wrote: I had a massive Animorphs one that I have no idea where it is, and a TMNT one that's in some random notebook in my other room that I'll sometimes pull out to amuse myself with.

Now that Wonderful Original Works is open to you, there is quite a bit of HSP friendly fanfic down there by members here, mostly videos but there may be some written stories as well. I think there were other fanfic posted about the forum in years past in other places as well. (Treasure hunt time?)
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down