The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knock Knock Is anyone there?

3 posters

Go down

Knock Knock Is anyone there?  Empty Knock Knock Is anyone there?

Post by Sparkles Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:08 am

Been a while since we posted something and even chatted. Sooo where is everyone? Rolling Eyes Shocked Is everyone alive and well? lets hope so. freakout
Sparkles
Sparkles

Grasshopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Knock Knock Is anyone there?  Empty Re: Knock Knock Is anyone there?

Post by melodiccolor Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:42 pm

Indeed. I think this site just sort of went inactive with very old age.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:55 am

Well, there are some ghosts lurking here as it turns out by accident. I just happened to look at site, to my surprise somebody just posted! How's that for Kismet?

Anyway hello Sparkles in Australia! Glad to meet you. What a lovely avatar you have. What brings you here today? Are you a refugee from Facebook which maybe doesn't quite connect? Dimension was a grand forum in its heyday but times change, no? Greener pastures not always so green...

We can attempt some conversation here if you like. Maybe Mel or some other ghosts will join in?

Here in the USA the pandemic has changed life drastically for everyone amid wild political and social upheavals which have perhaps driven more of us to go online for connection for better or worse. What do you and  people in Australia think about any of this?

If politics or social commentary are not your things I like lots of other stuff, such as comedy, arts, poetry, music, Internet/computer geekdom for starters. The world is our oyster...

Hope to hear more from you please. Knock Knock Is anyone there?  182543
--G
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

https://sfba.social/@Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:49 pm

melodiccolor wrote:Indeed.  I think this site just sort of went inactive with very old age.

Good statement from a Novel. Extra Happy
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:55 pm

Grasshopper wrote:Well, there are some ghosts lurking here as it turns out by accident. I just happened to look at site, to my surprise somebody just posted! How's that for Kismet?

Anyway hello Sparkles in Australia! Glad to meet you. What a lovely avatar you have. What brings you here today? Are you a refugee from Facebook which maybe doesn't quite connect? Dimension was a grand forum in its heyday but times change, no? Greener pastures not always so green...

We can attempt some conversation here if you like. Maybe Mel or some other ghosts will join in?

Here in the USA the pandemic has changed life drastically for everyone amid wild political and social upheavals which have perhaps driven more of us to go online for connection for better or worse. What do you and  people in Australia think about any of this?

If politics or social commentary are not your things I like lots of other stuff, such as comedy, arts, poetry, music, Internet/computer geekdom for starters. The world is our oyster...

Hope to hear more from you please.  Knock Knock Is anyone there?  182543
--G

Hi Grasshopper, what an interesting name? Yes all the way from the other side of the planet in Australia. Hanging about doing nothing. FB is annoying me, and I'm bored, so here I am. freakout

Thanks for the compliment about my Avatar, it was fitting at the time when I created this account and still feels that way. .sooo Imma hang on to this one a wee bit longer. Smile

Politic isn't my thing, so that's gonna blow parts of this convo out the window.. not meaning that in a bad way though.. lol.
Yes I think Kismet is a wonderful things when it happens. We gotta keep our ears open and eyes something? Rolling Eyes How does that go again? Very Happy
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:08 am

Well then, how about a poem?

The Summer Day

Who made the world?
Who made the swan, and the black bear?
Who made the grasshopper?
This grasshopper, I mean—
the one who has flung herself out of the grass,
the one who is eating sugar out of my hand,
who is moving her jaws back and forth instead of up and down—
who is gazing around with her enormous and complicated eyes.
Now she lifts her pale forearms and thoroughly washes her face.
Now she snaps her wings open, and floats away.
I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

—Mary Oliver
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:16 am

The name Grasshopper came to me as an inspiration. Later I realized it was from the  old TV series Kung Fu, where the main character as a child was taught by a martial arts master who keeps sternly but lovingly correcting his mistakes saying 'No, Grasshopper, you still have much to learn!' I knew it was the perfect name for me...

p.s. The above poem was another Kismet--I went looking for MO's Wild Geese but Google gave me this one instead--about a Grasshopper!  sunny Knock Knock Is anyone there?  41146
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:50 pm

Grasshopper wrote:The name Grasshopper came to me as an inspiration. Later I realized it was from the  old TV series Kung Fu, where the main character as a child was taught by a martial arts master who keeps sternly but lovingly correcting his mistakes saying 'No, Grasshopper, you still have much to learn!' I knew it was the perfect name for me...

p.s. The above poem was another Kismet--I went looking for MO's Wild Geese but Google gave me this one instead--about a Grasshopper!  sunny Knock Knock Is anyone there?  41146

OMG, I remember that show, I used to watch it quite a lot back in the day. Although I can never figure things out, since they show things when he was younger and then when he was older. As a kid myself back then I was confused, but I actually liked that show. Extra Happy

Oh that's a cute Poem too. I too love to write Poems, well I can. Knock Knock Is anyone there?  272908807 But lately I have come to understand that the inspirational talent in me wants to write songs. Every day I will hum and sing songs I have created in my head. I wish I knew how to put them down on a music sheet. Knock Knock Is anyone there?  272908807 Knock Knock Is anyone there?  2839888827
Sparkles
Sparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Grasshopper Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:34 am

Yes, the series had lots of flashbacks to his childhood training. That's great that you got to see it! Here's a history of the show:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu_(1972_TV_series)

More Kismet:
Surprise! A new version of the show starts April 7, 2021 (I don't know if you would be able to get this channel, if available where you are?)
The new story is of a woman warrior in modern times and takes place in San Francisco (my home town!). I especially like woman heroine stories so am looking forward to this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu_(2021_TV_series)

Good luck with your songs. I think of a song as a poem with music. Share one of either here if you wish. I'm all ears...  music   Knock Knock Is anyone there?  3789766577
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down