The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earning grace

+4
Justin Passing
Rivershine
Logan (Earthmaiden)
jaded
8 posters

Go down

Earning grace Empty Earning grace

Post by jaded Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:08 am

I copied this from my blog. I am to lazy to type through it again. But I thought you all might get a chuckle out of it. lol!
Earning grace
Current mood: blissful
Category: Religion and Philosophy

WEll, I woke up yesterday looked at the clock & thought I'd better get up for church. I was sick last Sunday & missed. I am a horrible social phobic. If I miss, I cannot go back.

Sooooo, I tell Chandler it's time to get ready. I look at Rod....waiting for him to say he'll go with me. I refuse to beg a grown man to attend church with his family. Rod immediately tells me he has to go paint for a family member. Chandler looks at me , quite guiltily & tells me that he is gong with his father.

Sooo, I get my bath, wake up Issaiah....he doesn't actually tell me no at this point. He just acts tired & bored of the whole idea.

I wake Hannah up & well, Hannah is Hannah & she just pretends to not hear me.

By this time I am crying. I am not really sure why. But my heart is breaking.

Our van isn't legal so I have no ride. My mother hasn't talked to me in a week .( other story there) So I figure I will just have to walk. Now, Issaiah speaks up...No thank you . He is not walking almost 2 miles to church.

Rodney & Chanlder leave to paint. Issaiah gets on line. And Hannah well Hannah stays in bed.

I go to leave...the outside dog Nellie ( who I swear is mentally challenged) starts jumping all around me. I attempt to put her in so she doesn't follow me.

What happens next????? The inside dog (Sebastin) gets outside instead. They both go running up the street amok. I am really upset now. I run chasing after the dogs screaming.......time is wasting.......I am crying.....

Then it hit me, by golly if the devil is going to go to all of this trouble to keep me from church, I'd better make sure I get there. I leave the kids at home. I leave the dogs wreaking havoc on the neighborhood & I head to church.

It was 80 degrees outside. I have emphesyma. I never realized how bad my breathing had gotten. I haven't attempted to walk in a long time. I wore sandels.....yeah I am all kinds of stupid. Blisters everywhere, I tell ya. Better than half way there, I removed my shoes. Yup, I walked to church barefoot & got my feel filthy. I was dripping sweat when I entered also.

I am smiling when I take my seat. I am not sure why I am smiling. But I am smiling just the same, even though it took me a half hour to walk around 2 miles. I was sweaty, dirty & had blisters. But I was there!!!!!!!

They sang "Do Lord. " I used to sing it to my children when they were small. WE'd all sing great big & loud together. So of course I cried horribly. Then they sang "Amazing Grace" , this I also sang to my children. Hannah used to sing along, "That saved a wrench like me." Lol. I cried harder.

It's my fault my family didn't join me. I stopped going 4 years ago. The children kept going for years. I can remember one saying to me, " Mom you need to get back in church. We need to get our family back on track." I failed them

But I am going to do it. I am going to get us all back to God again. It won't be easy. It will take lots of prayer. It will take determination. It will take faith.

It will take sweating, blisters, and maybe even getting dirty. But in the end, they will make it back. How do I know, you may I ask? Because it says so in the Bible.
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Earning grace Empty Re: Earning grace

Post by Logan (Earthmaiden) Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:17 am

((((HUGS))))
That was a beautiful story Seashell. Thanx.
Logan (Earthmaiden)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:23 pm

Change takes time. Keep going, stay strong, and your shining example to your family will surely pay off. Way to go Shell! Extra Happy
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Passing Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:02 pm

((((((((HUGS))))))))

As Logan said, that was a truly beautiful story Seashell. The pain, the tears, the hope, the joy, and yes, even the blisters. It's all so human, and all so terribly beautiful. Just like you. You're truly a treasure girl. A precious treasure.

Journeys always start the same way Seashell. One step at a time. And if we can see it, there's a terrible beauty in each step. Keep the faith. The good things you want will come to you, probably in ways you never imagined. This is a very magical journey you're on, and to me, from where it sit, it's filled with a truly stunning amount of beauty. Like a flower garden in a fairy tale, twinkling in the sunlight.

Love you Seashell. You have been missed. beatingheart
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:23 pm

I feel rather honored that God gave me the chance to walk to church. Heck a year ago I'd have had a fit because my feet were dirty. I have been taught not to sweat the small stuff.
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Passing Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:32 pm

seashell wrote:I feel rather honored that God gave me the chance to walk to church. Heck a year ago I'd have had a fit because my feet were dirty. I have been taught not to sweat the small stuff.
You go girl. Good for you!!! thumbsup
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:52 pm

What a blessing to be able to see the situation from this viewpoint. You most certainly will make it.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:59 pm

seashell wrote:
But I am going to do it. I am going to get us all back to God again. It won't be easy. It will take lots of prayer. It will take determination. It will take faith.

With the way you are going, you will succeed.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:00 pm

nuckinfutz wrote:
seashell wrote:

With the way you are going, you will succeed.

Amen to that.
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:44 pm

Aww, you all make me feel warm & fuzzy. You know I have an alter ego that is evil right???lmao!!!!!! Extra Happy
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:28 pm

Somehow I missed this when you first posted it, Seashell. I love you

Always thought it was appropriate that I was born a Gemini; it's just me and my evil twin.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:34 pm

i missed this myself...that's what i get for using 'view posts since last visit' like some 'lookaphobic'....

Shell, i know for a factual matter that god loves us. i think god's been loving on you a bit more lately...Smile (y'all who don't wanna 'use the name', use what you want to call 'it'-the wonderful mystery...)

reb
reb

Location : next to the women on this board so they know where i'm at

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:06 pm

I love you guys Earning grace 942872

OMG Nucky did you put this here for me..ROTFLMAO Earning grace 45469
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down