The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On your honor as an HSP

3 posters

Go down

On your honor as an HSP Empty On your honor as an HSP

Post by Zen Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:38 am

For me at least honor is a big thing. Not just as HSP, honor is an old and very deep human concept and/or feeling. It goes hand in hand (for me at least, but I think it's common for others too)with things like love, responsibility, truth, humility, discipline and empathy.
At the same time, it can be a shield for insecurity, ego, and being overly judgmental. It can also be culturally conditioned.

What is honor for?
What is it, and what does it do for you? How important is it?
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

On your honor as an HSP Empty Re: On your honor as an HSP

Post by melodiccolor Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:45 am

For me personally, honor is important; it means being true to me, my values, my sense of what is right; it means not betraying myself about that. It's not a codified set of ethics, not externally generated.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:50 am

I agree with that and it feels like interacting with the world with love. I noticed you used the word "true" in there, and honesty, being true to yourself to, is always a trait that I've considered honorable.
It seems to represent to me too the nobility potential for mankind, as a beautiful thing.
The right thing to do goes hand in hand with being an honorable person and I find the right thing to do always comes from a place of love-- that's how you can know it is the right thing to do.

Do you think though you can develop an exaggerated sense of honor? Maybe that's more about fearing dishonor.
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:52 am

Yes, for those who are defensive or who adhere to an external ethos, it can be all about that.

I also agree that for me honor does come from the place of love, not vengeance or conquering....
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:13 am

Honour is respecting your conscience. Honour is respecting other people's values, and the values of society as a whole. To me it is very important.
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum