The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HSP and online social obligation

2 posters

Go down

HSP and online social obligation Empty HSP and online social obligation

Post by melodiccolor Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:56 pm

HSPs and the Social Media "Obligation" (link)

Denmarkguy writes about the expectations of others for him to produce all the wonderful articles he does and the unhappiness of some when he took a break.

This is my response: One very crucial lesson many of us as HSP need to learn is that other people's expectations do not result in a corresponding obligation on our part. We feel that pull, we feel needed and inevitably there comes a time we must put our own needs and life first. I have found others become unhappy with this and when I did this, they sure let me know. I just made it clear I needed to live my life in a way that best met my needs. It was very freeing; those who were my friends and cared about ME and not just what I gave are still with me. The rest doesn't matter.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

HSP and online social obligation Empty Re: HSP and online social obligation

Post by Little Sister Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 pm

We really appreciate all you do to keep this forum running smoothly, and I'm glad you are able to take a break when you need to, so that this doesn't become an onerous obligation.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:48 pm

Thanks, I appreciate that.  Actually running the board is easy most of the time.  This was about the expectation of always being there for others irrespective of what was going on in my life and the expectation that they (some of them) didn't need to be there for me as well.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down